Captain Toy Picks...Top Ten Wanted Licenses in Sixth Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be happy to add to my collection of the following if done right :)

1. Helen Slater Supergirl
2. Kirk Alyn Superman
3. George Reeves Superman
4. Diane Kruger - Bridget von Hammersmark (Inglourious Basterds)
5. Ralph Macchio, Pat Morita, William Zabka (Karate Kid)
6. Val Kilmer & Elisabeth Shue as Dr. Emma Russel - The Saint
7. Johh Hames Newton,Gerard Christopher - Superboy
8. Margot Kidder, Kate Bosworth, Stacy Haiduk,Teri Hatcher Lois Lanes
9. Dean Cain Superman
10. John Wesley Shipp - The Flash 90s

Greetings, programs. I would love to see TRON figures from the original Grid, complete with luminous paint or implanted lighting.
Also, The Galaxy Rangers done in 1:6 scale would look amazing if done right.

I've been saying this for years but, although it's likely a licensing nightmare (Paramount & MLB? Yikes), I'd love to get my mitt (ouch) on a Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn from Major League.

Runners Up?

The Kid from Purple Rain - with the Honda.
The Seven Samurai
Eliot Ness and Jimmy Malone from The Untouchables (pretty sure I can do without the full squad - love ya, Charles Martin Smith but not at $225)
Antonio Banderas' El Mariachi from Desperado
That Enterbay Django Unchained figure they cancelled on me...

I don't think it's been done so I'm surprised there hasn't been some serious talk of Sir Anthony Hopkins rendition of Hannibal Lecter in 1/6. Great actor, iconic film, iconic character. As for characters that fit the theme of my limited that I'd seriously consider buying, Blade Runner and The Fifth Element are right up there. I'd definitely be in for Ava from Ex Machina too, that would look fantastic if done well.

1. Helen Slater Supergirl
10. John Wesley Shipp - The Flash 90s

YES! Agree!

Also:

E.T. - Elliott with E.T. and the bike
Adventures of Robin Hood - Erroll Flynn
Karate Kid (old)
Lone Wolf and Cub (Come on some japanese company. These will sell like crazy)
Die Hard
Lethal Weapon
Hook (Mainly Dustin Hoffman as Hook)
He-Man - Lundgren (I would prefer Dark Angel, but I'll take a He-Man)
Ladyhawke
The Big Sleep - Bogart
Jim Henson in 1/6

I just have just one and its not movie based but id love to see hot toys attempt figures of the old centurions cartoon that was out in the eighties. That would make my day. Just a reminder of the centurions for anyone not old enough to have seen it in the 80's...

Some not previously mentioned: Starship Troopers, Edge of Tomorrow. I'd like to see more sportsmen represented, we've had basketball and football players, but little else.

Another vote here for classic Galactica, QMX would knock these out of the park. Or failing that some nice 6 inchers from either Neca (already said no chance) or One:12.

Long shot lines...

1. Classic Battlestar Galactica
2. He-Man movie
3. Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
4. Babylon 5
5. Classic TV -- Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Wild, Wild West, Bonanza, Gilligans Island, Beverly Hillbillies
6. Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffanys (to make my wife happy) Roman Holiday
7. Rat Pack -- Sinatra, Martin, Davis
8. Saturday Night Fever & Grease -- Tony, Stephanie, Danny, Sandy

Phantom of the Paradise
Blade Runner
Godfather II
Goodfellas (Jimmy, Hank, Tommy)
Yojimbo

1. The Lone Ranger (Modern & Classic)
  2. The Matrix
  3. Mad Max (Modern & Classic)
  4. Blade Runner
  5. The Six Million Dollar Man
  6. Battlestar Galactica (Classic)
  7. Buck Rogers ('70s)
  8. The Phantom
  9. Logan's Run (Movie)
  10. ROM, Spaceknight

1. The Goonies (how has this never been done yet?)
2. Jaws
3. Ricky Vaughn (Wild Thing)
4. planet of the apes (Taylor, Cornelius, etc... or the apes in the space suits)
5. The Warriors. for the love of god someone do this
6. The Soprano's

Great list, Mike! Thanks for giving Colonel Steve Austin and company some much deserved love! I'll also add to the votes for Blade Runner and classic BSG. And I'll add David Lynch's Dune to the list. I absolutely love the costumes, design and art direction in that movie.

Battlestar Galactica re imagined
The Matrix
The X-Files
Orphan Black
Farscape
Buffy
The Last Of Us
Max Payne
Total Recall original
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Swedish version.

Great list, Mike! Thanks for giving Colonel Steve Austin and company some much deserved love! I'll also add to the votes for Blade Runner and classic BSG. And I'll add David Lynch's Dune to the list. I absolutely love the costumes, design and art direction in that movie.

How could I have not suggested Dune!!! Great suggestion!!! This has just shifted to my number one pick!

My grail list these days would be pretty much the same it has been for years. The following done to the highest modern standards:

Clint Eastwood, both as Dirty Harry Callahan, and also from any, or all, of his (non musical :p) westerns. Hell, there are so many Eastwood roles I'd buy in figure form, even beyond those. Everything from Where Eagles Dare, and Kelly's Heroes, through to Any Which Way, Heartbreak Ridge, In the Line of Fire, and Gran Torino. So many possibilities from all across his career.

Blade Runner - With a sequel on the horizon, I wouldn't be surprised if some company finally cracks this one in the not too distant future. Just the act of the sequel being made would have necessitated the fractured rights of the original film being properly defined and sorted, one would imagine, so never say never. I can hope, anyway.

X-Files Mulder & Scully and Millennium's Frank Black. Not sure the last one would sell, but that doesn't make me want it any less. I'd be very tempted by Skinner, Doggett, CSM and (Millennium's) Peter Watts, too, but I don't know how many others would be. :lol

Mel Gibson as Mad Max from all three original films. Yeah, that'll happen... :p

Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez and Bishop from Aliens. Boggles my mind that Hot Toys hasn't revisited the Colonial Marines, given what they could (potentially) deliver now.

Figures of Cult TV shows Red Dwarf (Rimmer, Lister, Cat, and Kryten), The Prisoner (just Number Six), and Blake's 7 (at least Avon, Blake, Villa and Servalan). None of which would ever, ever, ever happen, being way too niche. And from the other side of the pond I'd be awfully tempted by Babylon 5, Farscape, Xena, and Buffy/Angel as well, though the latter is probably the only one with a legitimate chance.

Videogames wise, I still want a John Marston from Red Dead Redemption, Ellie and Joel from The Last of Us, and Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell.

Yeah, don't think many of my dreams are coming true any time soon. :lol

Back