Captain Toy Picks...Top Ten Wanted Licenses in Sixth Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 - Sopranos
2 - Seinfeld
3 - The Goonies
4 - Howard Stern Show (Wack pack!)
5 - Die Hard
6 - Matrix
7 - Willow
8 - 80's WWF
9 - Married with Children
10 - Steven Seagal Films

Since I am a gamer, prepare for nonsensical whislist

1. Old Ash from Ash vs Evil dead
2. Vampirella
3. Blade Runner
4. The Matrix
5. Pennywise
6. Half Life Gordon Freeman
7. Solid Snake MGS 1
8. Ben Hur
9. The Witcher Geralt
10. Venom Snake MGSV

The Road Warrior, obviously.
Chuck Norris figure. Invasion USA or Lone Wolf McQuade.
80's WWF Wrastlers.

1. Blade Runner
2. Mad Max (original Trilogy and Fury Road)
3. Creature from the Black Lagoon
4. The Silver Surfer
5. Bioshock (Big Daddy)
6. Lone Wolf and Cub
7. The Silver Surfer
8. Zatoichi
9. Edge of Tomorrow
10. Ex-Machina (the robot lady)
11. Attack the Block (the kids and the aliens)
12. Snowpiercer (the whole cast)
13. The Raid 2 (specifically Bat Boy and Hammer Girl)
14. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

1. Fawlty Towers
2. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
3. The Karate Kid
4. Historical figures: musicians, artists, scientists, military, politicians, sporting etc
5. The Wire
6. Good Times
7. The Sopranos
8. Monty Python crew
9. Get Smart
10. Pulp Fiction

My number one want by a large margin is new Battlestar Galactica--doesn't QMX have this license now? I would buy everything. Then in no real particular order:

2. Young Frankenstein

3. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Lisbeth, a Daniel Craig)

4. Indiana Jones

5. Pacific Rim (the human characters)

6. Interstellar

7. The Street Fighter movie--a guilty pleasure since I was a kid. Who wouldn't want a Kylie Minogue Cammy?

8. Quintin Tarantino characters, especially Kill Bill. Hopefully these new ones turn out well and they eventually do Inglorious Basterds and Django.

9. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

10. Empire and Jedi figures from Hot Toys. Really need these to start happening soon, please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was lucky to be a child in the early 1970's and have a real soft spot for the Mego 8 inch characters. The variety of World' Greatest Superheroes both Marvel and D.C., Star Trek, Planet of the Apes and Wizard of Oz among others made for a great toy collection. When I started collecting 1/6 figures 10 years ago I never could have imagined the variety of licenses we would now enjoy. Thanks, Michael for the fun top 10 lists. Don't know if I can come up with ten choices but I'll try...

1. The Lone Ranger (Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels)
2. Shazam
3. Zorro (Tyrone Power Jr. And Basil Rathbone--GREAT CHOICE)
4. Robin Hood (Erroll Flynn and Basil Rathbone)
5. The Adventures of Superman
6. Jaws
7. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
8. BLADE RUNNER
9. Spiderman (Nicholas Hammond)
And...

10. Marvel figures based on 1960's comics. Ditko Spider-man and Dr. Strange, Romita Spider-man and those great villains, and Jack Kirby Fantastic Four, Captain America, Thor and Hulk.

Not sure if someone has already suggested this but I would love to see a full Indiana Jones line from Hot Toys specifically...this would give them the opportunity to produce an Indiana Jones figures that is not as questionable as the DX05 and a range of supporting characters from the other movies...Marcus, Sallah, Marian, Henry Jones...I typically have little use for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull but even the Cate Blanchett villain would probably be great in 1/6 scale from a design perspective.

1) Lundgren He-Man
2) Langella Skeletor
3) Peppard Hannibal
4) Benedict Face
5) T Baracus
6) Schulz Murdoch
7) Ford Deckard
8) Macchio Larusso
9) Morita Miyagi
10) Lion-O

1) Lundgren He-Man
2) Langella Skeletor

Have to say I would also find those tempting. I loved that film as a child and can still watch it. And since I'm buying another childhood favourite after so many years of not - the 1990 movie Turtles in 1:4 scale by NECA - it would make a kind of sense to buy Lundgren's He-Man.

1) MLB, focus on older eras, which then means non-MLB players too
2) Gerry Anderson TV shows from the 60s-70s, e.g. Thunderbirds
3) Irwin Allen TV shows from the 60s, e.g. Land of the Giants

Blade Runner and Tombstone for sure. Even though I have RM and VM customs, I'd welcome high end production figures.

Rounding out my top 10 would be...

8. Rock, Roll & Soul -- Elvis, Hendrix, Beatles, Prince, Bowie and Kiss
7. '78 Superman -- Superman, Clark Kent, Jor-El, Luthor, Zod, Ursa, Non, Supergirl
6. Rocky (redo) -- Rocky I, III, IV, Apollo, Clubber, Drago, Adonis Creed, Old Rocky, Micky, Thunderlips
5. Matrix (Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Smith, Twins, Niobe, Persephone, Merovingian)
4. The Fifth Element -- Leeloo, Korben, Ruby Rhod, Zorg, Mangalore
3. Classic Universal Monsters -- Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, Invisible Man, Creature
2, Excalibur -- Arthur, Guinevere, Lancelot, Mordred, Morganna, Merlin
1. Planet of the Apes (redo) -- Taylor, Caesar, Cornelius, Zira, Zaius, Ursus, Nova

Back