Captain Rex!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capt Rex arrived today from Cornerstore Comics and it is in mint condition, way to go CC you are batting 1000 :clap. I'll try and get him opened up and take some pics today, can't wait to try out the bent feet.

CaptRexbox.jpg
CaptRexboxbk.jpg

Wow, what a dumbass... I've never heard of anyone complain about extra accessories, or ask for those horrendous kung-fu grip hands on a high-end figure :duh

He's a super nice guy as a person but while I like working with them some of them need to stick to Hasbro. They just don't get high end stuff.

I was literally scratching my head at the end of reading that. I know I may be a touch forgiving compared to others but the complaints sometimes from folks who tend to collect Hasbro mostly make complaints that just are like WTF. :lol

Got my Rex today. FANTASTIC figure. The unmasked head looks even better than I expected in person. Huge props to Sideshow on this one. Excuse the crummy cell phone picture, my apartment was broken into Sunday and they stole my laptop and camera.

caprex.jpg

Thanks. I've got Clone-Obi in there as well, which until this point had been one of my very favorite 1/6 figures. Rex is definitely giving him a run for his money.

cool. I take it there's no choice but to get the upcoming Cody as well, right?:wink1:

You're absolutely right. They added an extra cup of awesome sauce when they made him. The only downside is that SSC forgot to give him kung-foo grip hands AGAIN and instead threw in lots of badass extras.

He's a super nice guy as a person but while I like working with them some of them need to stick to Hasbro. They just don't get high end stuff.

Sorry Josh but...really?

Helmet Sculpt- 9.6 / Head (portrait) Sculpt- 5.0

"The head sculpt (portrait) of Captain Rex leaves a lot to be desired. This is where bringing the animated world into the real world does not work for me and where Sideshow has failed on other clone characters. They head sculpt on Captain Rex does not have the look or feel of Captain Rex, instead the head sculpt resembles Vin Diesel instead of Temuera Morrison who played Jango Fett and all the Clones."

Dismissive_Wank.gif

Sorry Josh but...really?

"The head sculpt (portrait) of Captain Rex leaves a lot to be desired. This is where bringing the animated world into the real world does not work for me and where Sideshow has failed on other clone characters. They head sculpt on Captain Rex does not have the look or feel of Captain Rex, instead the head sculpt resembles Vin Diesel instead of Temuera Morrison who played Jango Fett and all the Clones."

Dismissive_Wank.gif

The dude's a twit. They ____talk high end stuff all the time to justify their fast food and allowance-based collectible budgets.

It is a little odd to complain about too much stuff coming with the figure. Gotta disagree with him about the head sculpt...I think it's one of the finest of Sideshow's efforts in detail and paint.

Oh yeah, I'll definitely be needing Cody after Rex.

And the Rex head sculpt is out of hand awesome. The sculpt and likeness are amazing and the paint is just a hair or two shy of Hot Toys quality. It's really mind blowing in person, especially coming from Sideshow.

Oh yeah, I'll definitely be needing Cody after Rex.

And the Rex head sculpt is out of hand awesome. The sculpt and likeness are amazing and the paint is just a hair or two shy of Hot Toys quality. It's really mind blowing in person, especially coming from Sideshow.

that's probably one of the main, if not the main thing that makes this figure so great. how unexpected it was to open the box and see that amazing sculpt and paint apps. It's just not what you typically expect from sideshow. I guess the only bad thing is now Sideshow has to keep up the great sculpts and paint. but I think Cody will be just as good if not BETTER than Rex, but there's some bias in there b/c Cody is my favorite clone :monkey3

My only issue with Rex is that he's "realistic" I would love a Clone Wars stylized Rex. Sideshow will NEVER do that though.

Sorry Josh but...really?

Dismissive_Wank.gif

I don't get it either.

Back