Captain Rex!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a little odd to complain about too much stuff coming with the figure. Gotta disagree with him about the head sculpt...I think it's one of the finest of Sideshow's efforts in detail and paint.

It's a first for me to see as well to read. It's just odd to see fans want these to be more hasbro like. I guess it's cause they're used to that type of collectible. Like I said he's a really nice guy but he just doesn't get high end stuff.

that's probably one of the main, if not the main thing that makes this figure so great. how unexpected it was to open the box and see that amazing sculpt and paint apps. It's just not what you typically expect from sideshow. I guess the only bad thing is now Sideshow has to keep up the great sculpts and paint. but I think Cody will be just as good if not BETTER than Rex, but there's some bias in there b/c Cody is my favorite clone :monkey3

interesting: 'the only bad thing is now Sideshow has to keep up the great sculpts and paint'.
prob'ly just a turn of phrase but I don't see nothing bad in that expectation! I think he's one of the best 1/6 figs out there.

interesting: 'the only bad thing is now Sideshow has to keep up the great sculpts and paint'.
prob'ly just a turn of phrase but I don't see nothing bad in that expectation! I think he's one of the best 1/6 figs out there.

i guess it was bad wording, but what I meant was I would hate to have to say on the next figure whoever it may be "this would be great if only it had a better sculpt and paint like Captain Rex"

Like whichever human sculpt is next, I just don't want to be disappointed if it's not up to par with Rex. I feel like they've set a bit of a new standard for themselves and just hope that they continue with it

i guess it was bad wording, but what I meant was I would hate to have to say on the next figure whoever it may be "this would be great if only it had a better sculpt and paint like Captain Rex"

Like whichever human sculpt is next, I just don't want to be disappointed if it's not up to par with Rex. I feel like they've set a bit of a new standard for themselves and just hope that they continue with it

Gotcha. Agree with you there. 'Faith, we must have...'

Based on the pictures of Commander Cody, i don't think that's going to be an issue. At least not with him anyway. One small victory at a time.

:clap :clap

the sculpt is awesome and looks even better (imo) in the cody pics

the blonde hair throws it off - but i always had a soft spot for the hasbro sculpt ...

but its day has been i feel

Based on the pictures of Commander Cody, i don't think that's going to be an issue. At least not with him anyway. One small victory at a time.

:clap :clap

I totally agree. they have Temeura Morrison’s likeness down IMO which hopefully leads to a sooner than later much anticipated Jango Fett.

I just mean someone other than him, i.e. clone. Like if they release another Luke, Dooku or AOTC Anakin...

but as you said, "One small victory at a time."

so for now I am VERY happy! :D

I totally agree. they have Temeura Morrison’s likeness down IMO which hopefully leads to a sooner than later much anticipated Jango Fett.

I just mean someone other than him, i.e. clone. Like if they release another Luke, Dooku or AOTC Anakin...

but as you said, "One small victory at a time."

so for now I am VERY happy! :D

I understand your concerns. I haven't been in the SS scene for too long so i can not speak for the quality of their previous work. But I'm sure they are only looking for ways to do better with every figure they make. I think the apparent breakthroughs they have made in the clone line in particular will effect all the other lines as well. Lets just hope that as the quality reaches whole new levels the prices will not. :pray:

I understand your concerns. I haven't been in the SS scene for too long so i can not speak for the quality of their previous work. But I'm sure they are only looking for ways to do better with every figure they make. I think the apparent breakthroughs they have made in the clone line in particular will effect all the other lines as well. Lets just hope that as the quality reaches whole new levels the prices will not. :pray:

The prices are already rising. :wink1:

As long as Sideshow keeps offering flexpay I will still be able to afford their stuff.

Flex pay is a really nice feature... I came into the game way too late though, and now 90% of everything i want is on the secondary market already. Not much you can do about that but rack up the credit card bill i guess.

Flex pay is a really nice feature... I came into the game way too late though, and now 90% of everything i want is on the secondary market already. Not much you can do about that but rack up the credit card bill i guess.

I feel for ya Darksider but at least you are in the game now and can take advantage of flexpay from here on out.

Hi guys i'm new to this great forum thought i'd share some of my pics with you guys:wave
title.jpg

sith501+ps.jpg

501.jpg

this pics are taken from my Rex review at:
https://nekotoyz.blogspot.com/2011/02/sideshow-collectibles-16-captain-rex.html#more

Cheers!

Back