Captain Rex!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm betting on a pair of dancing shoes to go with that skirt.
stormtrooper-gatsby.jpg

:lol

with the announcement of Rex, is anyone now considering not jumping on the SDCC exclusive (basically a stripped down Rex)?

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, but since I don't attend, I don't pay a lot of attention to sdcc, but has the exclusive been announced?

I actually think the Rex makes the clone more desirable.

Once Cody is released I'll probably start looking for the utapau clone as well.

the utapau trooper has been holding his price very well. I've been looking for a deal for him for awhile now.

yeah. i was hoping for a gohastings type deal on the utapau. it might never happen. looks like hastings is sold out.

:lecture yeah me too... don't think it'll happen though... Can't really find one for under retail price...

I got lucky and picked up an exclusive a while ago for about 4 dollars less than I would have paid through Sideshow. But that is about the cheapest that I have seen them. I have been looking for a second exclusive, but I am not willing to go over retail...at least not right now.

there is no doubt that the Blue Clone will look great next to Rex… i am just curious if the announcement of Rex has taken away a little of the Clones's steam.

Nah, I pre-ordered this and I am still hoping for more to come. Can't get enough of clones. After watching CW S2, I am liking this even more so, the more clones the merrier!

I actually wish Clone Wars was more clone-centric like the 2D series was.

I actually wish Clone Wars was more clone-centric like the 2D series was.

I agree to some extent, but that series failed portraying the Jedi so each has it's issues. Though the episodes they've done with the clones have hit it out of the ballpark with, by intent or not, a heavy Traviss influence.

yeah. they added all this weathering and shading and stuff to all the photos. if I preordered that instead of simply flipping the box over and look at the real figure to see the difference I would have been pissed.

Why? It's not "weathering." Hasbro's photos simply have dramatic lighting to make the photographs look more 3-dimensional. You could probably easily light and/or photograph your copy of the figure so it looks just like Hasbro's photos. The figure would look stupid if it came with fake "shadow" effects like that painted on. Not to mention you can't "paint" shadow effects on Shaak Ti's cloak no matter how hard you try. Why would you look at that photo and expect Shaak Ti's cloak to have black splotches colored on it when you receive the toy? And why would you want that? Lighting and paint...two completely different things.

Back