Captain Rex!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So tempted. A second set of boots, REALLY? Thats awesome!

Though I will wait and get him for cheaper, I know a shop a few miles away carry SS figures and I got my Stormtrooper there for atleast ten bucks less then retail. Sure gas was a factor, but if I buy something I want to play with it then. :p

After playing SW Battlefront again today, I noticed the jumptroopers have the same jet pack. SS is always doing repaints lately, besides a new gun I could see them maybe making him. That is, if they have the rights to do that figure.

I finally got around to checking this figure out and I actually like it. The additional head is nice.

I think that Sideshow is getting better at knowing what extras fans will care about.

I'm happy that the exclusive for Rex was still just the base. Thats what I'm really thankful for. It really is a bummer if exclusive pieces are like key things the character used in a certain episode. It just sucks for those people at school or somewhere they can't access a PC.

I really hope SS decides to do that for the rest of their clones. That shows that SS cares about some of their fans who don't care for an exclusive base and can't be there when an exclusive is something like an extra head.

Oh yeah and I forgot to add, I swear Rex uses the jetpack in one of the Clone Wars comic books. I'll look though them later and check back tomorrow. If I remember right it was the first that came out and it had the space kracken thing with the slavers.

Edit: Got off my lazy butt and just grabbed them. Turns out its issue 2 which Rex, Anakin and Obi Wan all have a simliar jet pack. The jet parts themselfs are slightly different, but its the same basic shape. Also in Issue 1, Cody and what looks to be a few various jump troopers have packs like it too. So, there is always uses to get a few extra off a parts site. The space suits Anakin and Obi Wan are wearing are a pretty neat design and would be fun to make into 1/6th. I do not know if these are the same the Hasbro 3 3/4 inch figures are, since the suits look to be a different color. But both do infact have the classic bubble helmet and trooper like shoulder pads.

Last edited:
Maybe a typo?

Unless they are considering adding a crouching pair like they did with Snake Eyes? But in the photos it just looks like one pair.

I was thinking, Dave started that poll about new stands, could they be working a stand that could suggest Rex is in flight, and if so, maybe a pair of feet that add to making him look that way more convincingly than the standard standing feet.

I was thinking, Dave started that poll about new stands, could they be working a stand that could suggest Rex is in flight, and if so, maybe a pair of feet that add to making him look that way more convincingly than the standard standing feet.

I see what you're getting at, but I think that could easily be achieved with the feet the clones already have.

Agreed, just trying to think, other than a type, what alternate feet could this figure need. The standard ones would work fine for a kneeling, firing position so I can't imagine alternates for that purpose. Of course, the 6 pairs of hands could be a typo too, that'd be an unprecidented ammount of hands and I can't even imagine what poses they'd be in for 12 different hands.

That's one thing there hasn't been a whole lot of innovation in, stands. I would like to see some sort of better stand system that allows for more dynamic posing options while remaining low profile.

I think with some of these clones, Jango Fett, and even some Jedi and Sith, a stand like the posable DID stands would be great to simulate flying and jumping.

Agreed, just trying to think, other than a type, what alternate feet could this figure need. The standard ones would work fine for a kneeling, firing position so I can't imagine alternates for that purpose. Of course, the 6 pairs of hands could be a typo too, that'd be an unprecidented ammount of hands and I can't even imagine what poses they'd be in for 12 different hands.

Perhaps it's a "galactic marine" looking boot? He'd have to have an attachment for his helmet too though. I'm betting it's either the arched foot ala Snake Eyes, or a typo.

That's one thing there hasn't been a whole lot of innovation in, stands. I would like to see some sort of better stand system that allows for more dynamic posing options while remaining low profile.

I think with some of these clones, Jango Fett, and even some Jedi and Sith, a stand like the posable DID stands would be great to simulate flying and jumping.

Agreed. I wish Sideshow would offer a variety of stands for different posing options.

SST could make a KILLING if they produced the next generation of figure stands... imagine the back log!

Perhaps it's a "galactic marine" looking boot? He'd have to have an attachment for his helmet too though. I'm betting it's either the arched foot ala Snake Eyes, or a typo.

Are you thinking Snow Gear style Rex nam? That'd be great.

I'm thinking typo - same with all the hands. We'll see.

Don't get me wrong, the more accessories the better though.

Are you thinking Snow Gear style Rex nam? That'd be great.

I'm thinking typo - same with all the hands. We'll see.

Don't get me wrong, the more accessories the better though.

That's what I was implying, yes. But I still think it'll be either the bent-toe boot or a typo. Prove me wrong Sideshow! :lol

Back