Premium Format Captain Phasma Premium Format Figure (?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It did?

Could've sworn that when it was first shown, a lot of collectors disliked the paint because of its lack of a proper finish?

Going off the photos posted here, I thought it looked pretty good.

Obviously needed to me more shinier...instead they made it less shinier.

This along with Bespin Han and Bespin Luke will be in the bargain pin next year unfortunately :/

I know it sucks to do this but I'm sure those that really want this piece could probably order it and have it professionally repainted with really awesome silver shiny chrome paint.

I'm not sure this character is worth the cost of a repaint... for me the character doesn't even warrant buying her in the first place.... Originally JJ Abrams described her as a bounty hunter for the first order in the later films but Rian had other plans and just made her look stupid with his "comedy" version of Star Wars

Don't Sideshow produce some of the most boring bases very little effort. I wish Iron Studios and XM would ramp up there Star Wars pieces....
But yes agree with the finish, I don't ever remember seeing that dull finish in the movies.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for any of you that pre-ordered this.
By now, you should know, with Sideshow you NEVER get what they show in the proto pics.
Always wait for in-hand pics. Some of you have been here for years too. :cuckoo: :dunno

By now, you should know, with Sideshow you NEVER get what they show in the proto pics.
Always wait for in-hand pics. Some of you have been here for years too. :cuckoo: :dunno

:lol can't argue

Hehe...thanks for the sympathy! I ordered from my AD and got a killer deal. I will get her repainted to be "blingy" : )

Got the shipping notice this morning, should be here by the end of the week. I have lowered expectations for it but can't see any more Phasmas getting made anytime soon so guess this will have to do.

Got the shipping notice this morning, should be here by the end of the week. I have lowered expectations for it but can't see any more Phasmas getting made anytime soon so guess this will have to do.

I should get mine through the soul collecting event from last year soon then as well.. if the paint is really that dull, I will try to repaint her

I don't often defend sideshow but I reckon there would be more QC issues if it were proper chrome paint, as well as being more expensive for us. However it is a shame that it is so dull

I don't often defend sideshow but I reckon there would be more QC issues if it were proper chrome paint, as well as being more expensive for us. However it is a shame that it is so dull

The C3PO PFF is chromed & it looks great... Jango Fett PFF also has a nice metal looking glossy paint sheen to it that this seems to be lacking entirely.

Got mine today but unfortunately the light wasn't good enough to take pics. Hate to say it but I was disappointed. The paint is def a dull silver and standing back looking at the statue, Phasma looks a bit thick around the waste. There's not many parts to her. The base, body, head, arm holding the gun and the cape. It's a shame but overall its one of my displiked premium formats. I have already boxed it back up and debating if to sell. My last statue was the XM studios Luke hoth so prob expecting too much from this as a follow up. I look forward to others views.

Got mine today but unfortunately the light wasn't good enough to take pics. Hate to say it but I was disappointed. The paint is def a dull silver and standing back looking at the statue, Phasma looks a bit thick around the waste. There's not many parts to her. The base, body, head, arm holding the gun and the cape. It's a shame but overall its one of my displiked premium formats. I have already boxed it back up and debating if to sell. My last statue was the XM studios Luke hoth so prob expecting too much from this as a follow up. I look forward to others views.

what a waste.. :(

Do you think with a repaint this might look actually good?

How disappointing.

Seems to be the norm with recent SS Star Wars projects.

Maul and Jango are their recent standouts IMO. With Rey and Jyn right behind them.

Back