Premium Format Captain Marvel - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 50+ years of quality characters like Captan America, Spidey, Iron Man and the Hulk still selling merchandise will anyone give a hoot about this chick in another fifty years? 500 bucks for a D-List character? Crazy.
It's Carol Danvers. She's been around almost as long as Spiderman, Hulk, & Iron Man :lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Danvers

& her movie will probably propel her into the next level of popularity.

Looks nice but who the hell is she? After 50+ years of quality characters like Captan America, Spidey, Iron Man and the Hulk still selling merchandise will anyone give a hoot about this chick in another fifty years? 500 bucks for a D-List character? Crazy.

I'm sorry but this made :lol

It's Carol Danvers. She's been around almost as long as Spiderman, Hulk, & Iron Man :lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Danvers

& her movie will probably propel her into the next level of popularity.

Exactly right. Much like The Guardians of the Galaxy.

I like how one person states that he doesn't know the character and then concludes that she must then be a D-list character. Sheez... Learn to wiki before you talk.

Looks nice but who the hell is she? After 50+ years of quality characters like Captan America, Spidey, Iron Man and the Hulk still selling merchandise will anyone give a hoot about this chick in another fifty years? 500 bucks for a D-List character? Crazy.

you sir, are just plain :cuckoo:

I was down to two preorders from SS, then ordered DP. Wish the proto looked like SG so I had no problem passing on this. Who is Carol Danvers anyway :lol

I like how one person states that he doesn't know the character and then concludes that she must then be a D-list character. Sheez... Learn to wiki before you talk.

I so wholeheartedly have to agree with you on doing a little research on characters before you decide to classify them as D-Listers. Prime example would be IRON MAN, who was pretty much considered a second or even third stringer, IMHO. Prior to 2009, the only people familiar with the name and the character were basically your friendly, neighborhood comic enthusiasts. Now he's pretty much THE cement of the MCU and his name is almost as much a common household term as Batman and Spider-Man. GOTG made Rocket and Groot, two obscure characters no one ever would have given a second thought to, extremely popular (for a talking raccoon and a walking, talking plant). I have no doubts that Captain Marvel, if handled properly and with the same amount of respect for the core material, will likely become a much more familiar name in a couple of years, which means this PF piece could wind up becoming pretty popular in and of itself.

If they cast Starbuck as Captain Marvel, I'm ready to make her my favorite MCU hero. :)

17850_original.jpg

If they cast Starbuck as Captain Marvel, I'm ready to make her my favorite MCU hero. :)

View attachment 237975

and remember Chris, she was recently in Riddick, with a nice shower scene but I never told you :wink1::wink1:

Riddick: Now here's what's gonna happen. In 60 seconds you're gonna take these chains off me. We're gonna make a play for those nodes and get off this rock. But somewhere along the line, when it gets really bad, Johns is gonna fold just like Little Johns did. Then when it's all over and the rest of you are ready for Dead Animal Pickup, I'm gonna go balls deep into Dahl. But only because she asked me to. Sweet-like.

When I look at the figure, the actress I envision as Captain Marvel would be...

She kicked some serious arse in MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, was pretty cool in HANCOCK and a super-powered individual and we already know that acting for her, becoming the character she's playing, is not a problem at all if you've ever watched NORTH COUNTRY or MONSTER.

She is my pick as well and I pray she is marvels first choice as well. She is going to need a great script to say yes, and therein lies the problem.

Why do you say that? Many of her previous movie choices doesn't really excel in the script department. Mad Max, Aeon Flux, Huntsman movies. Judging from the past movies, I think she's just looking to do what is fun and/or challenging. Marvel movies seem to fit into her filmography quite well. :)

Katheryn Winnick. She's brilliant in the Vikings TV show, has the looks, & has trained in martial arts since the age of 7.

tumblr_inline_nmy768fH9V1r337i0_500.jpg

10665540_815588381805326_1356397130_n.jpg

Some might be concerned that, like Theron, she might be a bit on the mature side, but she's not far off in age from the original Avengers cast.

She's probably my top pick right now, but Charlize Theron, Katee Sackhoff, Emily Blunt, Jessica Chastain ..... etc, seem pretty cool as well. I'm guessing whoever they cast, I'll learn to like :lol

Some might be concerned that, like Theron, she might be a bit on the mature side, but she's not far off in age from the original Avengers cast.

She's probably my top pick right now, but Charlize Theron, Katee Sackhoff, Emily Blunt, Jessica Chastain ..... etc, seem pretty cool as well. I'm guessing whoever they cast, I'll learn to like :lol

Personally, I'd love to see them cast someone who is a contemporary in age to most of the male players. Theron was born in 1975, making her 41. If filming on IRON MAN took place in 2008, then RDJ was 43 when he started in that role. Plus her age puts her between 5-10 years older than Hemsworth, Evans and Johansson. And she's easily got the acting chops to take down the arrogance that occasionally shows up in RDJ's Tony Stark/Iron Man. I think it would be pretty cool to see Tony get his ass handed to him by a woman...

She looks like the lesbian in season 3 of orange is the new black.

orange-is-the-new-black-breakout-star-ruby-rose-defines-what-it-means-to-be-gender-fluid_1.jpg

Last edited:
^Ruby Rose. She was also in dark matter recently. The statue is the spit of her
ruby-rose-142961.jpg

Personally if I had to choose an actress I'd probably go with Saoirse Ronan. I need to watch Hannah again, she kicked a whole lot of ace.
5597683238_eab330d373_b.jpg

Back