Premium Format Captain Marvel - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! $500.00, before I pull the trigger on Captain Marvel, I will see how she really turns out and not base on the prototype, but congrats to those that PO'd her

I was also wondering to myself where they got the bright idea to have the star break out into an "X" formation on the chest.

I mean, we've been riddled with those basic leg up Lex Luthor, and hook hand Supermans (regrettably that carried over here), so this seemed like a fresh new start... but theres no doubt in my mind now, that Jim Lee should be credited for this "redesign" of "Captain Marvel".

I'm gonna throw more salt on a wound, but a Jim Lee Storm is long over due... and that man knows how to draw strong female superheroes. They should take note.

Or maybe their in house artists are perfectly able to concept a strong female character in a pretty standard flying pose and with a modernized outfit on their own. Just saying.

I will help you hold the bag, the other Storms, i just didn't feel that Vibe to drop the $$$$ to snag one, Classic White outfit version, Black outfit version, Mohawk version, there have been some customs but again those where for insane money but I have had since I started this 1/4 scale Storm and she fits in well with other 1/4 scale X-Men pieces

statue_creatlic_stormkb.jpg

I will help you hold the bag, the other Storms, i just didn't feel that Vibe to drop the $$$$ to snag one, Classic White outfit version, Black outfit version, Mohawk version, there have been some customs but again those where for insane money but I have had since I started this 1/4 scale Storm and she fits in well with other 1/4 scale X-Men pieces

I really wanted this custom, but it's long sold out. Produced by Halimaw and it has the matching xbase :(
maxresdefault.jpg

Since we didn't get any butt shots, this will have to tide us over.

kkk.jpg

llllllll.jpg

Or maybe their in house artists are perfectly able to concept a strong female character in a pretty standard flying pose and with a modernized outfit on their own. Just saying.

You say "modernized" yet the EX is the 60s Kree helmet..

Either or you can believe whatever delusions you choose, fact remains you can juxtapose both images over top of each other and they almost identically match.

If this was a modernized look it would resemble what she looks like in comics, and you can't find one picture to support your "theory"

If you missed the point, it's one thing to bash Jim Lees designs as being "awful" and then it's another to re-use them and call them your own when they are clearly similar.

And the only reason why there was so much backlash over the XMEN line was the poor quality control on nearly every piece, not any of the designs. Being the number 1 comic in history speaks volumes about the designs.

Well I pre-ordered her. I have little history reading the character but I liked this statue too much to pass up for now.

Well I pre-ordered her. I have little history reading the character but I liked this statue too much to pass up for now.

This is kind of my issue, I LOVE the look of this but know nothing of the character and have so much stuff on PO already and I'm sure more is to come for this year.
I really think she'll go great with PG and BG.

I need to see the movie version of Captain Marvel, so I can let the hype of this leave my mind, & wait for the Hot Toys figure .....

This is kind of my issue, I LOVE the look of this but know nothing of the character and have so much stuff on PO already and I'm sure more is to come for this year.
I really think she'll go great with PG and BG.

Just FYI ...BG and PG are from DC. This Captain Marvel is from Marvel.

Not sure if you knew that, so thought I'd mention it. But if you know this already and don't care ...then party on, my good sir!

You say "modernized" yet the EX is the 60s Kree helmet..

Either or you can believe whatever delusions you choose, fact remains you can juxtapose both images over top of each other and they almost identically match.

If this was a modernized look it would resemble what she looks like in comics, and you can't find one picture to support your "theory"

If you missed the point, it's one thing to bash Jim Lees designs as being "awful" and then it's another to re-use them and call them your own when they are clearly similar.

>The EX is just a bonus piece that doesn't define the statue, the Reg and main portrait is based on the likenesses of a modern actress with a modern haircut

>Does Lee have, dunno, a copyright for that exact pose? Has nobody ever used it before in 2D art? Who's to say that they picked THAT reference art and used it? Why can't any modern artist come up with that pose on his own? Why should even Lee be credited for it, rofl, this is a logic fail on so many levels. I guess they should start crediting Michelangelo and Bernini too just to be sure, at this point.

>The suit IS modern. It shares a lot of similarities with the one from the comics, ask anybody if that's a modern outfit or a classical/vintage one and let me know what they reply. It's just not the EXACT copy of the comic outfit, but this doesn't imply it's not a modern kind of costume. Again, logic fail. The design team includes Stjepan Sejic, whose art direction has always been to have a modern and detailed take on popular characters - the Sideshow MotU line is based on his art too, you might want to take a look at it.

>Who bashed Jim Lee? Is this yet another of your creepy inner monologues where someone does or says something somewhere and everyone else is expected to automatically know? You're implying that whoever made this piece bashed Jim Lee and then copied his works? Hard to tell.

And just to add:

>You're the one deluded here, trying to find links and similarities where they don't exist. Jim Lee's idea of "strong woman" is over sexualizing female superheroes and constantly draw them like pin ups, slapping butts and boobs every other panel because yes. In this statue's art direction there's none of that bulls--t thanks God.

>Jim Lee's anatomy knowledges are mediocres to say the least. If this statue had a non existent waist, an exhaggerated curve in the lower back and minuscule feet, then yeah.

You put everything together and this is very far from anything Jim Lee inspired except for a pose similar to what Jim Lee drew and that, for you, automatically means it was outright copied. With this line of thought Jim Lee and every other comic book artist should seriously credit Michelangelo in every single one of their works.

Jim Lee is a god!

As a side note, I was so anxious to preorder this, I totally forgot to use my $30 coupon [emoji20].Hopefully they can attach it to my order.

What Storm is this?

It's a Limited Edition Toy Biz Marvel Masterpiece Collection statue of the X-Man, Storm. Measuring in at approx. 14" and is a Steve Hiwus sculpt of a Joe Madureira conception, specifically based on the cover to Uncanny X-Men #325. She came out in 2009

Here's a close up

and here's a older pick before the X-Men Team Grew, I did a custom job with an old fireplace poker stand made of metal, painted it white and the peg hole under Storm fit and the gave here the appearance of Flying

Back