Premium Format Captain Marvel - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I'd mind if they got rid of the hip sash in both the comics & on this statue, but if they had to include the hip sash, I think SSC's redesign is actually kinda cool thinking about. Maybe having the belt sash thingy be removable (via magnets), giving collectors the option to not display it, might be a cool idea for SSC to implement in this statue.

The gold lining zipping everywhere still kinda looks busy to me, but not enough to not want this.

Amazing looking piece. Floating forward pose is pretty similar to Phoenix though. It would be great if the helmet portrait had switch out metal and hair mohawks.

Love the statue, but don't know the character at all. Guess I should read up!
I'm in the same boat! Love the statue but my knowledge on her is limited.

All I know is her link to Rogue, and since my Rogue PF is one of my valued PFs, I think my Rogue will now have a partner inside the Besta shelf she's in right now [emoji1] ..

Unless of course I find a Gambit PF that I can pair Rogue up with lol.. Until then, Carol Danvers will suffice!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I've got to laugh in here. Everyone on facebook is loving this piece, but all I hear are mostly just critiques on this piece in this thread. This piece is friggin amazing. I don't even read her comics, but damn it looks perfect. Guess its the same as always. people will nit pick here and then buy it lol. I have to give kudos to SS for stepping up there game with this and Phoenix. Great job.

it does look nice, but there is some irony in your statement.

I've got to laugh in here. Everyone on facebook is loving this piece, but all I hear are mostly just critiques on this piece in this thread. This piece is friggin amazing. I don't even read her comics, but damn it looks perfect. Guess its the same as always. people will nit pick here and then buy it lol. I have to give kudos to SS for stepping up there game with this and Phoenix. Great job.

Not many are criticizing it...but people are not happy with the $500 price tag. If she was $400 and under, Im sure there would be less gripe of the price.

I have to say she is a nice looking piece but same price as Dark Phoenix? I mean, aquaman was $430! I feel like SSC dropped prices to appease us for like a month and then went back to their insane ways. This is more expensive than the Spiderman PF:lol

The ex is not a must-have for me so I'm gonna wait and see the final result and probably get her from a eu-seller and save shipping/importcosts.

Well, for me, I have limited space / budget for these things. I try to make space for the remaining XMEN pieces. If that were the case I'd know where to allocate my collecting dollars. SS is not very forth-wright about which sets are completed or in the process of being complete. I like this piece its a stand a lone piece but it might stick out in my collection as a sore thumb later on. Ive sold off pieces that no longer fit with the other Marvel PFs, and yeah... its like buying fully haired Lex Luthor PF... I'm sure it could look interesting and bad-ass... but how many people would recognize a fully haired Lex Luthor?

That's not to say this look wont appear in comics, but the look in comics right now is fairly new... so gambling at these prices over stylistic design is not something a lot of us want.

Still a great piece, never "bashed" it... it simply doesn't appear anywhere in comics and for $500 I could wait for another character that is needed to complete the many other sets available.

The costume could've stayed the same, I just think the EX should've had the traditional hair / head sculpt with the helmet since that appears almost everywhere whereas this Kree helmet is from the 60s

This is a showstopper. I can see the price point since the base is bigger than the one onPhoenix, on Spider Man, on Brown wolverine etc. I dig the costume redesign, a lot, you can tell it's Cpt Marvel. She's going to be the main protagonist of Civil War II and she'll have a dedicated movie so the character is destined to have a peak in popularity within a year or so.

How can you tell its Captain Marvel?

The irony here is the costume doesn't appear in comics. There is no Captain Marvel movie currently, and one of the most defining characteristics of Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel is the Mohawk.

Just weird is all,

anyways ... Yeah cool. But if they came out with a Frank Miller Batman PF and his costume was green ... Yeah most people could tell its Batman but it would still confuse the **** out of some people

You can easily tell she's Cpt Marvel by the star on her chest and the colors of the outfit. Even more so with the masked head. Never said this exact same costume appears in the comics or in the movie, just saying that between CWII and the movie she's going to get more popular in the near future, this could be yet another instance where people pass on something just to sweat a year later to grab it at double or triple retail when it becomes more mainstream :panic:
And no, the comparison with the green Frank Miller Batman costume doesn't really stand since the differences between this Marvel and her comic counterpart are not so drastic, at all.

As someone mentioned, I too would have preferred the masked head to come with flowing hair instead of the older Kree crest, but that's very minor. Overall, as a statue, this is mighty impressive to me. Lots of attitude, awesome portraits, dynamic pose (finally Sideshow graced us with a flight pose that doesn't look derpy or forced), big and detailed base. Even the damn underbase-pedestal thing this time is discrete, doesn't come with the size of a dog bowl and the silly silver color.
I'm building a cosmic display so she's definitely a get for me. I waited preordering Phoenix since I wasn't sure of the price point on this one, now that I know this is 500$ too, gonna order them both in the next few days, only remaining question mark is Luthor and its price point now.

it does look nice, but there is some irony in your statement.

I don't get it. I have to have read her comics to know if the statue looks perfect? This costume isn't even from the comics, so I don't get your point? Can't I appreciate a fantastic piece and how perfect it looks without reading the comic?

As to the price, that I understand. SS knows that from XM and Prime 1 sales now that people will spend more. The jump has been crazy fast over last year.

I don't get it. I have to have read her comics to know if the statue looks perfect? This costume isn't even from the comics, so I don't get your point? Can't I appreciate a fantastic piece and how perfect it looks without reading the comic?

As to the price, that I understand. SS knows that from XM and Prime 1 sales now that people will spend more. The jump has been crazy fast over last year.

Of course you can. There's nothing wrong with appreciating a great looking statue.

This is to blame on the buyers. Same thing of secondary market values, people complain constantly about flippers - let's not forget there would be no inflated prices if there weren't people buying at said prices. Buyers always make the market - not sellers.
If Sideshow raises prices AND people keep buying... then their prices are not THAT bad. Especially when people complain about prices, buy anyway, receive a piece with some flaws but they come out with "that's good enough for me, I like it". This is something I see constantly, if paying customers are willing to buy and even overlook flaws... hell, can't blame Sideshow for rising prices.

What exactly is the base?

It's a portion of a Brood spaceship being crashed from the inside. Broods are, well, pretty much like the Zerg of the Marvel universe. They pop up from time to time as enemies of the cosmic factions (Kree, Shi'ar) and also as enemies of the X Men.

Back