Premium Format Captain Marvel - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some of the critiques were in regards to how this was not an accurate representation of the character. hence, she is not "perfect" in that regard. You were questioning why folks were "nitpicking" and that was one of the reasons...I took your comment to mean that you were unfamiliar with the character, hence saying she was "perfect" was ironic from that perspective.

I guess I read too much into it : )

I don't get it. I have to have read her comics to know if the statue looks perfect? This costume isn't even from the comics, so I don't get your point? Can't I appreciate a fantastic piece and how perfect it looks without reading the comic?

As to the price, that I understand. SS knows that from XM and Prime 1 sales now that people will spend more. The jump has been crazy fast over last year.

I've got to laugh in here. Everyone on facebook is loving this piece, but all I hear are mostly just critiques on this piece in this thread. This piece is friggin amazing. I don't even read her comics, but damn it looks perfect. Guess its the same as always. people will nit pick here and then buy it lol. I have to give kudos to SS for stepping up there game with this and Phoenix. Great job.

It would seem no one on Facebook has read a Captain Marvel comic, then. I find all of the complaints here justified.

True. And it's not like anyone here is saying, "Oh this statue is awful." The gripes I'm reading, and agree with, all seem to stem from certain design choices.

The statue sure is beautiful. But I definitely prefer the regular head, so I'll wait and see how it turns out. I'm already stretching my small budget with Dark Phoenix and some other pre-orders.

Like some others, I'm not thrilled with the belt/sash and would prefer the statue without it. At $500 those small details are enough to make me pause and reconsider.

It would seem no one on Facebook has read a Captain Marvel comic, then. I find all of the complaints here justified.

Funnily enough, it's the exact opposite for me. While I have read some of the newer comics, I'm not a big Captain Marvel fan. If I were a big fan of the comic, I would not hesitate about pre-ordering at all. Even though the belt/sash bothers me.

Its the fact that I'm not that interested in the character thats holding me back the most, not my issues with the costume. Just different viewpoints I guess.

I don't disagree. I wasn't saying the complaints necessarily warrant not ordering the statue, just that I agree with them. I'm still deciding if I want this one. It's more the price, than the gripes right now.

I don't disagree. I wasn't saying the complaints necessarily warrant not ordering the statue, just that I agree with them. I'm still deciding if I want this one. It's more the price, than the gripes right now.

I get what you're saying about the complaints. Some people like complete accuracy, especially when it comes to comic characters and their costumes. I will say, I'm like that with certain characters and less likely to care with others. It also depends on what liberties were taken with the costume.

Seeing this statue really makes me want to see what Sideshow might do with Nova though. I think considering how cool this costume design came out a Nova PF would look amazing.

I don't know much at all in regards to Captain Marvel (although I will go read up on her, she looks awesome). Maybe it's because I am not familiar with her, but I really like her costume, including the hip sashes. I feel they add some femininity.

I don't think I'd mind if they got rid of the hip sash in both the comics & on this statue, but if they had to include the hip sash, I think SSC's redesign is actually kinda cool thinking about. Maybe having the belt sash thingy be removable (via magnets), giving collectors the option to not display it, might be a cool idea for SSC to implement in this statue.

I was thinking this exact same thing. I wouldn't even mind if it wasn't perfect underneath. I would just wrap a cloth one around her hips and be done with it. That would make me very happy, and probably make this statue an instant purchase. Of course, there's no chance of that, and I remain firmly on the fence.

I get what you're saying about the complaints. Some people like complete accuracy, especially when it comes to comic characters and their costumes. I will say, I'm like that with certain characters and less likely to care with others. It also depends on what liberties were taken with the costume.

Seeing this statue really makes me want to see what Sideshow might do with Nova though. I think considering how cool this costume design came out a Nova PF would look amazing.

Nova would be amazing. He was my favorite character in the DnA cosmic storyline.

I am patiently waiting for a Nova and take this piece and Gamora as good signs he is a possibility now. That being said I hope they don't get to liberal with his deaign. I thought the Bowen Nova by the Kucharek bro knocked it out of the park. I just need that in 1/4 scale

Not many are criticizing it...but people are not happy with the $500 price tag. If she was $400 and under, Im sure there would be less gripe of the price.

:goodpost: However - check the recent prices of pf's up for po's. $500 is the standard price of a pf. And it will only rise during 2016.

I am patiently waiting for a Nova and take this piece and Gamora as good signs he is a possibility now. That being said I hope they don't get to liberal with his deaign. I thought the Bowen Nova by the Kucharek bro knocked it out of the park. I just need that in 1/4 scale

I love the Kucharek brothers stuff they did for Bowen. I wish I could see them do things in 1/4 or 1/3 scale.

Great head sculpt and paint apps...one can only hope that the production pieces match the prototype.

Loved the buzzed hair on the side...similar to Rihanna (as someone previously posted) and Natalie Dormer's character in Mockingjay.

holy *****, too awesome to not preorder in the 1st day!!!!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this one. I have the XM Ms Marvel, but this face is awesome. Don't care about the ex, I'm gonna wait this one out.

Back