Premium Format Captain Marvel - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
helmet looks like the Kree Soldier helmets and the ol skool Captain Marvel

PackagedSuperSkrullKree.jpg

isn't her hair suppose to come out of the helmet?

since its not comic accurate I'm hesitant to preorder, however I might use points balance on this since I didn't on Dark Phoenix. This one can be held in abeyance until Comic Con.

Agreed...interesting they decided not to do the hair through the helmet and instead made a helmet mohawk look instead. Not sure about it for me.

Okay.

Love the pose.

Her face is beautiful. Although the hair color is a little dark.

Don't have a issue with the helmeted profile. Yes her hair should be coming out of the helmet, But I think they capture the same look with what they did.

Like others here, I hate the hip pieces they are way too busy. It ruin the overall flow of her body ( and will most likely be covering up, one awesome behind.). SS should have stuck with the simple sash.

Bottom line SS will be getting more of my money, having produced yet another stunning looking female.

Yeah, I like this statue. Not feelin' the helmeted sculpt (or the price), so I think I might wait & see how this turns out, & maybe grab a regular version if they don't mess up her face paint app.

Marilyn Monroe .....

marvel-captain-marvel-premium-format-300454-081.jpg

Rihanna .....

marvel-captain-marvel-premium-format-300454-09.jpg

I think I'll pass on this one too - I might look up the Iron Studios version instead (...if I can find it online).

The Iron Studios one is nicer in my opinion. It is much smaller though (1/10 scale).

This statue does not do it for me. I am not a fan of the base or the change to her suit. The $500 price tag doesn't help. A pass for me.

Reg looks good. Somehow the helmet reminds me of Ultraman :lol

I like her head sculpt but, like many others have mentioned, that price has almost definitely made this one a "no" for me considering that translates into around $900 in Canadian currency currently. :( Really nice job although that pose is screaming out "MADE OF PVC", which may be just fine. It would be GREAT if SSC could let us know the breakdown of materials for the actual body and head sculpts.

i think it looks incredible. still not a fan of the double hip sashes, but the overall appearance of the piece is phenomenal. really love the exclusive. don't have anything on order from sideshow for a long time, but this may change that.

I actually like this design much better than the comic ones. And her costume seems to change all the time anyway, so who's to say this costume won't appear in the comics?

I had sworn off Marvel PFs before Daredevil, but he made me break that rule, and now that it's broken no reason not to add Marvel to the collection.

Have to agree with the common complaints here. The curtain around her hips is an eyesore. I prefer the comic look with her hair coming out the top. Doesn't matter as the face sculpt is the way to go with this one.

Love the dynamic pose. I hope SS is getting away from their "one leg up/down" fetish.

She looks gorgeous but she's not on my list. And at $500 a pop, SSC has successfully cut out any impulse buying on my end.

I've got to laugh in here. Everyone on facebook is loving this piece, but all I hear are mostly just critiques on this piece in this thread. This piece is friggin amazing. I don't even read her comics, but damn it looks perfect. Guess its the same as always. people will nit pick here and then buy it lol. I have to give kudos to SS for stepping up there game with this and Phoenix. Great job.

Back