Captain EO comeback in Oct.!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Disneyland to see Captain EO today! Here are some pics:

4395986603_4c7d6f0716.jpg

4396739846_e9cf003e2d.jpg

4395970509_699936d44e.jpg

4396736128_cff13bac49.jpg

4395982449_b67196a10d.jpg

4395984591_2beb86cb61.jpg

And here is a video I took of the pre-show!
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/M34Aj_1H73E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/M34Aj_1H73E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Great pics!:D I wish I could see the show.:monkey2

Amazing Captn'!
Thanks for sharing!!!
So, how was the show?

It was great! They're using a new 70mm print, so it looks pretty nice. It doesn't look to be digitally remastered or anything, but the print itself looks good.

Sadly, some of the original effects were missing. They used to have a cool star-field effect that made the screen seem bigger than it actually was. They also had lasers timed to shoot at the screen, as well as fog timed to the movie. All were missing. That is all just nit-picking though. However, some new effects were added that utilized some of the "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" effects. The theater now shakes timed to the screen, and wind blows on you at certain part. The old lighting effects are still present as well.

It was really cool they show the original prelude video before the show! And the new sign out front looks really slick!

Overall, the show was amazing! It doesn't seem dated at all, and it still holds up really well! The 3D looks great. I still can't believe they brought it back! Crowds during the day were steady, with every show being 100% full. However, since the theater holds close to 600 people, the wait times were not bad, usually 30min or less. Disney could have brought this back "on the cheap," but it's obvious they put some love into this tribute!

I just finished seeing Captain EO.... I was dissapointed and at the same time grateful. First I was dissapointed simply because I was comparing it to back in the day. For example, I did not like the fact that they had multiple screenings for it, it simply looked as if they did a rush job. I would have wished that they added one huge screen and bring the effects like Captain EO stated. One thing they definelty needed to change was the music.The music was very low and it did not bring in that dramatic loud effect, or I could say the choir echo through out the theatre. Nevertheless, I did cheer and was happy that it was brought back . I am hoping that with more support and love people have for this, that they can truly truly revamp it and bring that dramatic effect I had when I was a kid. I did buy a poster and they told me that jackets would soon be on sale this coming April.I can honestly that when MJ passed away....that was one of the most saddest days I can ever remember...

Last edited:
I just finished seeing Captain EO....I must say this, I was dissapointed and at the same time greatful. I guess because I was comparing to back in the day. A whole lot of things were missing, it looks as if they simply did a rush job. I really would have wished that they added one huge screen and bring the effects back in just like Captain EO said....especially the music! The music was low and it did not bring in that dramatic effect loud effect it did before. Nevertheless, I did cheer and was happy that it was brought back plus I would see it again. I am hoping that with more support and love people have for this, that they can truly truly revamp it and bring that dramatic effect I had when I was a kid. I did buy a poster and they told me that jackets would soon be on sale this coming April.I can honestly that when MJ passed away....that was one of the most saddest days I can ever remember...

The day that Michael Jackson passed away was one of saddest and most upsetting days of my lifetime.:monkey2 I was so upset by Michael's passing I could not eat or drink that night. This past April I had wrote a letter to the O2 and got a reply back saying that my letter had been forworded to the concert Promoter. Then just days before Michael's passing, In the news they stated that Michael was looking for people with Disabilities to be part of his show as a way of giving back to people with Disabilities.:D Now I will never know what may have come of my letter to Michael and the O2.:monkey2

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the official merch:
CaptEO7.jpg

Overall, not bad. I'll definitely get the black logo shirt and pin :D

Well, I scored the Captain EO Pin, the Captain EO Movie Poster Black T-Shirt, and the Captain EO Logo Black T-Shirt all off of ebay!!!!!!!!!! :rock :chew

I still want the Jacket, Crew Shirt, and Captain EO Movie Poster and I will have to have an extra of the Captain EO Movie Poster Black T-Shirt! :D

Last edited:
Well, I scored the Captain EO Pin, the Captain EO Movie Poster Black T-Shirt, and the Captain EO Logo Black T-Shirt all off of ebay!!!!!!!!!! :rock :chew

Nice score!!! :banana

I still want the Jacket, Crew Shirt, and Captain EO Movie Poster and I will have to have an extra of the Captain EO Movie Poster Black T-Shirt! :D

I can't wait until they release the jacket. I hope it's cool! Not just a regular jacket with the logo, but maybe something a little more... :horror

captain eo is like a nerdy trifecta. mj,Lucas,and Disney! i hope it makes it through the year because im heading over there in august and this is the main reason for my Disney visit.

I really hope that it stays there for the rest of this year. I would hate to miss it... I want to show it to my kids. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I took my kids to Disneyland for the day yesterday (trying to get the most out of our annual passes), and I convinced them all to go see Captain Eo. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid, and it was just hilarious. The 80's hair on the backup dancers was hysterical. My kids weren't that impressed, but it was a nice blast from the past for me. I forgot to go back to the gift shop before we left and get some Captain Eo merchandise. We'll see if it's still there when we go back in June.

As the audience was filing out, you could hear a lot of people doing their best version of the old Michael Jackson "hee hee" sound.

Have they said how long this will be playing at Disneyland?

Not yet, but it's a safe bet to say at least through the end of Summer. I would guess it will last until the end of the year. As long as it pulls in good numbers, it will stay... maybe until they close Star Tours for it's upgrade?

Back