Statue Captain America WWII GG Statue!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaosorb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like Gentle Giant is coming out with a Captain America statue that has peeked my interest. Has anyone seen this yet? I was curious what scale it was in :dunno because I may pick it up. The detail is excellent on this, check it out!

IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9843.jpg

I saw the pics for that statue from sdcc looks really good there's also a hawkeye on a scooter flying thing as well

expect an msrp around $450. there is also a very cool wolvie version.

definately awesome, but GG is out of their mind in terms of the price.

Yeah I stopped collecting GG a while back and heavilly focused on SSC. I was wondering what scale this would be and if anyone has seen this in person at the Con? I may have to pick one up if the price is right.

It's probably a smaller scale like the GG Deadpool on scooter statue as I believe they are a part of the same concept series of characters on vehicles. You can see part of the Deadpool statue in the upper right corner of the first picture. The Deadpool was solicited as 10" tall so I would expect this to be the same.

Here is the thread on the Deadpool statue and discussion on the size of the statues.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91702&highlight=deadpool

Last edited:
Considering that the majority of GG pieces have amazing QC issues coupled with the size for that price, this isn't a hard decision to pass. If only the production would look as good as the proto.

Considering that the majority of GG pieces have amazing QC issues coupled with the size for that price, this isn't a hard decision to pass. If only the production would look as good as the proto.

In GG's defence, the quality of their recent offerings (ie the suckerpunch statues) has been better than anything else I've seen from any company this year, so hopefully these will be made by the same factory.

Yeah I stopped collecting GG a while back and heavilly focused on SSC. I was wondering what scale this would be and if anyone has seen this in person at the Con? I may have to pick one up if the price is right.

Same here , but I was into their Star Wars stuff. After too many QC issues I dropped them, and cleared out my stuff. They used to make great pieces, but now IMO it seems that they are few and far between. This Captain doesn't look bad, but I'd have to see it in person before ordering it.

I saw the whole line at the Gentle Giant booth at an animation convention I went to recently, yes they are all the same scale. The Deadpool and the Cap look really good, if they are able to keep up the paint quality of the Sucker Punch statues they'll be sought after. The only thing that puts me on the fence is the price, Hawk Eye is priced at 460!

I saw the whole line at the Gentle Giant booth at an animation convention I went to recently, yes they are all the same scale. The Deadpool and the Cap look really good, if they are able to keep up the paint quality of the Sucker Punch statues they'll be sought after. The only thing that puts me on the fence is the price, Hawk Eye is priced at 460!

So these are 1/4 scale?

Same here , but I was into their Star Wars stuff. After too many QC issues I dropped them, and cleared out my stuff. They used to make great pieces, but now IMO it seems that they are few and far between. This Captain doesn't look bad, but I'd have to see it in person before ordering it.

Yes I'm in the middle of selling off my SW stuff right now and only keeping a few pieces. It's too bad I really like most of their stuff it just varies too much from the proto's to keep it up. I told myself if I do buy anything from them anymore I would have to see in hand pics first.

Sorry for the confusion, Natrix understood correctly. On their site they list these as 1:6 but I say they're a bit smaller.

In GG's defence, the quality of their recent offerings (ie the suckerpunch statues) has been better than anything else I've seen from any company this year, so hopefully these will be made by the same factory.

The Sucker Punch statues have proven to be the exceptions to the rule instead of the rule itself and as was pointed out above, great paint apps aren't worth much if you've got broken pieces.

Back