Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is what it is

That doesn't cut it with me. Not this time.

I rarely complain. When I do it's because I feel justified in doing so.

This is one of those rare times.

All I'm asking for is an explanation for the lengthy delay. I'm not ranting, bashing Sideshow or threatening to cancel my order in protest.

Like many Freaks, I've spent a lot of money with Sideshow and I've enjoyed their collectibles.

An explanation for the delays isn't much to ask for.

Good Lord. I thought this had already been released. I lost interest because I bought the Iron Studios Ultron Cap, but I saw this thread was active and came to see pics. Sheesh.

I cannot believe you guys are still waiting... And they never even released a Winter Soldier PF either, which if done right would have sold like hotcakes...

WTF, Sideshow? They really dropped the ball with WS, which is obnoxious considering it's one of the best Marvel movies, at least in my opinion.

Well, I've asked SSAlex on the other forum so we will see what answer we get as to the delay. I also asked about a Winter Soldier pf. I'm like some of you. I would just like an explanation.

considering it's one of the best Marvel movies

:goodpost:

The first Captain America is one of the weaker Marvel films to me. Winter Soldier and Civil War were both great though. They really managed to capture the strength of Captain America with those fight and chase scenes. Not to mention having superior plots, especially Winter Soldier.

I thought that initially too but I soon realized cap was still wet behind the ears so I have come to really enjoy CapTFA. He really had to come into his own and the first movie kind of laid the framework for WS.

Awwwwww maaaaaaaaaan I went looking to see if there was a Civil War Cap PF announced and now I see that the Winter Soldier pf hasn't even COME OUT YET!? Well there goes that I guess.

Maybe the delay is due to stability issues? This thing looks like it could have a huge leaning problem in the future.

If the final product sucks. I'll return it and get gentle giant which is half the cost

I just wanted this due to awesome pose and base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that initially too but I soon realized cap was still wet behind the ears so I have come to really enjoy CapTFA. He really had to come into his own and the first movie kind of laid the framework for WS.

It's too "by the numbers" to me. Telling his origin story because it's necessary, not because they found an interesting way to do it. I enjoyed the first half of the movie far more than the second. The majority of his battles once he became Captain America, including his time with the Howling Commandos, were relegated to a montage. Thought that it could have been fleshed out more.

It's too "by the numbers" to me. Telling his origin story because it's necessary, not because they found an interesting way to do it. I enjoyed the first half of the movie far more than the second. The majority of his battles once he became Captain America, including his time with the Howling Commandos, were relegated to a montage. Thought that it could have been fleshed out more.

Yeah, could have been better but I still enjoy it. I disliked that montage style as well but it did have a comic book feel which was kind of cool.

Yeah, could have been better but I still enjoy it. I disliked that montage style as well but it did have a comic book feel which was kind of cool.

Don't get me wrong, "least enjoyed" of the Marvel movies since Iron Man was released still ranks fairly high on my favorite movies list.

I'm going to say this about the delays and being updated with progress information; If Freaks showed respect to industry professionals instead of acting like spoiled, entitled children then perhaps we would have been given some progress reports over the past year.

Last edited:
I'm going to say this about the delays and being updated with progress information; If Freaks showed respect to industry professionals instead of acting like spoiled, entitled children then perhaps we would have been some given progress reports over the past year.

Yes sadly many screw it up for the rest of us law abiding citizens.

I remember some members giving the guy behind the 1:6 Green Lantern (I think it was) a hard time, totally unacceptable and I'm pretty sure that resulted in the ammended C.O.D.

Has this happened more than once?

Back