Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely! :lecture

It's one my favorite story-lines in comics. :rock:rock:rock

:)The entire Brubaker run of Captain America is amazing. I havent read anything of his i didnt like and his new books "Fatale" and "Velvet" are really awesome!!

Not sure how much his "Winter Soldier" story will be tied to the film, but I know he's been supervising it and he's been raving about the movie, so I just can't wait!!! :)

I wish DC & Marvel would just use him to write all the scripts for the films. His stuff is so cinematic, and has a realistic feel to it.

Just started reading the Brubaker Cap trade paperpacks. Never really cared for Captain America that much in the past but I have to agree with your comment that it's one of the better story lines I've read. He's really made Cap interesting as a man out of time.

:)The entire Brubaker run of Captain America is amazing. I havent read anything of his i didnt like and his new books "Fatale" and "Velvet" are really awesome!!

Not sure how much his "Winter Soldier" story will be tied to the film, but I know he's been supervising it and he's been raving about the movie, so I just can't wait!!! :)

I wish DC & Marvel would just use him to write all the scripts for the films. His stuff is so cinematic, and has a realistic feel to it.

Absolutely, I completely agree! :duff :hi5:

Just started reading the Brubaker Cap trade paperpacks. Never really cared for Captain America that much in the past but I have to agree with your comment that it's one of the better story lines I've read. He's really made Cap interesting as a man out of time.

Most definitely. Brubaker's run on Cap is amazing! :rock

Brubakers run on Cap is not only the best Cap story ive ever read but its one of the best Marvel runs period that ive ever read!

Brubaker even has a cameo in the film. Pretty cool
captain_america_the_winter_soldier_easter_eggs_1-600x249.jpg

Brubakers run on Cap is not only the best Cap story ive ever read but its one of the best Marvel runs period that ive ever read!

Thanks to the Marvel Unlimited subscription, I'm finally completing Brubaker's run. I'm in serious need of a sick day so I can veg on the couch and just read comics.

:rockdefinitely!! its one of the few runs I have actually read a few times besides Frank Millers Dark Knight stuff. Im a huge Brubaker fan, i think he is the best writer in comics by far. His work is exactly what I like in comics, a more realistic feel with Super Heroes, with a bit of film noir feel to it. I just read his Batman Gotham Noir from 2001 1-off, and it was awesome. Definitely inspired the look of Heath's Joker.

Brubaker's Daredevil, Gotham Central, Catwoman, Secret Avengers, Criminal, are all amazing. And maybe his best work is his newer "Fatale" and the new "Velvet" series I mentioned so far is awesome!!

I still need to read his Uncanny X-Men, Iron Fist, and Incognito...I have them just haven't got a chance to read those yet.

But for anyone, Winter Soldier and then his Cap run is just AMAZING!!! if your new to comics or like the Marvel movies, read them and you will see what all of us mean :)

Thanks for the info, now need to buy some of his books...

This was posted by Snadinator earlier in this thread...

'No pics until April according to David Igo... why can't they show the freaking concept art at the very least.'

It's open for PO, but we don't se what the statue is going to look like?

Back