Premium Format Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Coming Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to say this but ss should just pass on this if this is the best they got

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I notice the pose is kind of like the new Thor, right hand back getting ready to throw the shield with his right leg forward... I'm not sure who's in charge of coming up with the poses but it's leaving me scratching my head in regards to what they were thinking about... Any natural throw is going to have the left leg out front when the right arm is back (IE: pitcher throwing a baseball) The reason you do this is so you can throw your weight into it. I know on Thor some people showed a quarterback throwing on the run with the right arm back and right leg out front but if you ever watch Football you know quarterbacks can't throw as far in that position.

If your job is coming up with poses for SS statues it would probably be a good idea to know how the body works...

That is ONLY if you are just about to plant your front foot for the follow through though, and if you are standing still like a pitcher. If you are running forward and you whined up to throw you have to plant your right foot just as you are completely pulled back and are JUST about to move forward. Try it... Kind of like this

0d110f83c73f3e1f4c7673689a57c3a0_zps2175f3a3.jpg

Or like these shots from this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCgs8PuqiDI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

68db65112858e1e11fa54d7a2c42fc74_zps81252554.jpg

21f680697615bfe1742dd184368a4e06_zps8c82ebf3.jpg

ef30e0868d5ad3d274d8ea4984967da6_zps4e2d5094.jpg

94c46d27287533f2fdfe0b4ff59760a8_zps641ca981.jpg

Hate to say it, and I am not a huge fan of the pose in this art, but maybe just maybe if you are going to criticize a pose like this ... Well maybe YOU should know how the body works throughout a FULL range of motion, like the whined up on the run.

EDIT: I also forgot about this awesome custom Cap

6796b52473c03fe8dd2c024fb61763dc_zpsa5e1cb27.jpg

Last edited:
That is ONLY if you are just about to plant your front foot for the follow through though, and if you are standing still like a pitcher. If you are running forward and you whined up to throw you have to plant your right foot just as you are completely pulled back and are JUST about to move forward. Try it... Kind of like this

Hate to say it, and I am not a huge fan of the pose in this art, but maybe just maybe if you are going to criticize a pose like this ... Well maybe YOU should know how the body works throughout a FULL range of motion, like the whined up on the run.

EDIT: I also forgot about this awesome custom Cap

I've played football before, when you throw with your right foot forward all your only using is your arm strength, your not putting any of your weight behind the throw, that's why when quarterbacks are going to throw a hail marry down the field they have there left leg forward in order to put all their weight behind the throw. The only time quarterbacks throw on the run like your pictures is if 300lb linemen are on their @ss and they have to get rid of the ball quickly, maybe if this was an animated statue that moved :) it would look better but as for a snap shot of him throwing it was a horrible pose to go with.

look up any training video/site for how to throw a football properly.

Basic Passing Technique

Position your body in the throwing stance. Face 90 degrees away from your target. If you throw with your right hand, turn to the right, and vice versa if you throw with your left hand. Turn your pivot foot (opposite your throwing arm) so that it's pointing toward your target. Keep your eyes on the target.

Bottom line it's a bad pose, it's not how you natural throw something and that's why people are saying it looks awkward. I swear Spidey976 if I didn't know better I would say your on SS payroll. No matter how bad their statue might turn out your going to defend it.

Hell even lego captain America knows how to throw properly

lego-marvel-super-heroes-captain-america.jpg

Last edited:
Same here but I'm leaning on still buying. I don't have a problem with the pose.

It's not so much the pose for me as it is the facial expression, or lack thereof. The pose is a little odd but not a deal breaker. The fact that he's clearly doing something physical but looks like he's sitting at a funeral is what is turning me off so far.

I'll wait to see some actual pics before passing final judgement but from the concept art, I'm leaning towards passing. Both faces are expressionless and the pose is a little odd.

I agree with this post. :goodpost

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

I've played football before, when you throw with your right foot forward all your only using is your arm strength, your not putting any of your weight behind the throw, that's why when quarterbacks are going to throw a hail marry down the field they have there left leg forward in order to put all their weight behind the throw. The only time quarterbacks throw on the run like your pictures is if 300lb linemen are on their @ss and they have to get rid of the ball quickly, maybe if this was an animated statue that moved :) it would look better but as for a snap shot of him throwing it was a horrible pose to go with.

look up any training video/site for how to throw a football properly.

Bottom line it's a bad pose, it's not how you natural throw something and that's why people are saying it looks awkward. I swear Spidey976 if I didn't know better I would say your on SS payroll. No matter how bad their statue might turn out your going to defend it.

Hell even lego captain America knows how to throw properly

View attachment 102549

Oh I don't love this pose. I am just pointing out that you are wrong, and sounding a little arrogant (something I know a little about,) when you are assuming they don't know how the human body works.

Oh I don't love this pose. I am just pointing out that you are wrong, and sounding a little arrogant (something I know a little about,) when you are assuming they don't know how the human body works.

If you want to get technical, if SS intentions was to show him throwing on the run then his right arm would of been up higher like in your pictures. The way his arm is all the way back and low is how you throw if your planting yourself in which case his left foot would be forward and not his right. :pfft:

It's a horrible pose just like CR Superman is a horrible pose, one of the biggest gripes about SS is their poses (behind QC issues)

If you want to get technical, if SS intentions was to show him throwing on the run then his right arm would of been up higher like in your pictures. The way his arm is all the way back and low is how you throw if your planting yourself in which case his left foot would be forward and not his right. :pfft:

It's a horrible pose just like CR Superman is a horrible pose, one of the biggest gripes about SS is their poses (behind QC issues)

Well if you want to get technical his arm would only be like in the pic above if he was throwing overhead, which doesn't make a lot of sense if he is throwing a giant disk. Now I dot disagree with you that this pose, in a piece of concept art, isn't working for me, but it isn't technically wrong which was your main point. Heck I could draw a better pose then this in 3 minutes, but then again this is just concept art, so I reserve my judgement till I see the full thing.

Well if you want to get technical his arm would only be like in the pic above if he was throwing overhead, which doesn't make a lot of sense if he is throwing a giant disk. Now I dot disagree with you that this pose, in a piece of concept art, isn't working for me, but it isn't technically wrong which was your main point. Heck I could draw a better pose then this in 3 minutes, but then again this is just concept art, so I reserve my judgement till I see the full thing.

My comments were more about Thor then Capt. I only said Capt had a similar throwing style but it's not as extreme as Thor is.

Idk. Just seems like a lot of sarcasm and disrespect. Trust me I'm all about voicing your opinions, but respectfully.

Like I said it's a forum :wink1:

Well frustrations will come out when your waiting a long time for a certain statue and when it comes out it's not what you were hoping... CR Supes is a good example of this.. I think there would be less frustrations if DC/Marvel wouldn't give out exclusive licenses, would help to have some competition. Marvel seems to be going that route since they now allow both GG and SS to make 1:4 scale Marvel Movie statues. So here's hoping that becomes the norm instead of the exception.

New concept art from SSC... Ex is the unmasked sculpt.

7442d0133171b6727bee6bf1c3346d5b_zps158ace28.jpg

7b6a3a580b75250530d2c32845ce2931_zps789f8a3c.jpg

1c71f670033059c126916d2e2fa6c399_zps77524db0.jpg

Not sure what I think about this one

Hmmm, well shoot. I don't know about this either. To see his face you have to angle him so that his entire costume AND shield are in profile? :cuckoo:

And is that helicarrier wreckage as a base? A little weird considering that's not the suit he wore in that sequence.

Had this on order (just in case) but that pose does not work at all IMO. cancelling personally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meh...I guess ss is full of artist not jocks. That being said...maybe thould hire some sort of athletic consultant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back