Captain America PF statue problem!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its definitely glue. The DC Direct Batman has the same problem on many of them. Its around the Bat emblem on his chest. Not as noticeable against gray, but upon close inspection....well, you get the idea. Bleach on a q-tip might work. Emphasis on might. Of course, peroxide on a q-tip might help it too. Personally, it doesn't look that bad to me. But for the money these things cost, one expects perfection, or darn close to it.

Unless it bothers you to the point of not being able to sleep at night until you eliminate the poor underpaid worker who assembled it, I'd just let it go. :peace

did you try a "tide to go" stick? they work well on regular clothing...

Mine hasn't done this yet Thank God but the standard shield did get a knick about the size of his curve in this thigh in the bottom of it because it rest there....that pissed me off for a long time....

Hey Mike could you elaborate on this more? Did the shield bang his leg and get knicked or did the pressure of his shield against his leg somehow damage it just from leaning there? I ask because I'm currently awaiting the arrival of an exclusive I recently purchased and I just might have his diamond shield be the default display if the round shield is prone to damage over time.

Yes Mike, I would interested in more info as well, I have yet to display Cap so it would be nice to know ahead of time if the regular shield can cause damage while displayed.

Hey Mike could you elaborate on this more? Did the shield bang his leg and get knicked or did the pressure of his shield against his leg somehow damage it just from leaning there? I ask because I'm currently awaiting the arrival of an exclusive I recently purchased and I just might have his diamond shield be the default display if the round shield is prone to damage over time.

Actually, I just picked up a Captain America PF ex, and I DO have a little indentation from the shields. Nothing major, and you can't even notice it since the shield covers it :)

Question though, have the red stripes in the abdomen area faded on anyones PF?? I got mine, and it seems a little faded. Granted mine was used and displayed already, but it's in great shape :D and I've seen other pics of Cap PF's and they seems to be faded a little as well....... Anyone?

Actually, I just picked up a Captain America PF ex, and I DO have a little indentation from the shields. Nothing major, and you can't even notice it since the shield covers it :)

Question though, have the red stripes in the abdomen area faded on anyones PF?? I got mine, and it seems a little faded. Granted mine was used and displayed already, but it's in great shape :D and I've seen other pics of Cap PF's and they seems to be faded a little as well....... Anyone?

I would answer this Chris but mine that I got recently was brand new sealed and I would not be a good gage to use on anything fading...

The center strip is usually a little faded. It seems like that one rubs against the foam packaging during shipping. At least that is the way mine are.

mine has one too

DSC01507.jpg

I freaked out at first too, but later saw several that were faded like mine. Mine had a bunch of long fibers sticking out do to the rubbing against the foam. I used a fabric shaver and it cleaned it right up. The fade is still there, but it made the fabric look smooth and new again.

Last edited:
Oh well. I'm happy with it :) It's a sweeet piece and it will go nicely with the rest of the crew. Here's some pics :) Got Thor PF ex coming in soon too ;)

23699963.jpg

96f67074.jpg

The crew is looking good! :rock Hulk better make way for Thor though! I'm glad to here everything worked out.

I just got the EX off of ebay with the live.com 30% thing. Rec'd it today and it is one the GREATEST collectibles I own and I own a ^^^^load of stuff!

Unfortunately, mine too has the material rub on the two stripes in front and I think the longer these sit around all boxed up (mine still had the original seal unbroken), the worse they'll get as it's caused from the rubbing of the styrofoam against the fabric even though the figure is in plastic. I bet those that received this right away probably didn't have this problem as any movement of the figure inside the box was minimal. I noticed when I carried the box to my desk there was a ton of movement going on inside the box. Since I can't display mine right now, I gotta come up with something to put inside the styrofoam to keep the figure from moving around. I hope Sideshow figures out a way to solve this problem with material rubs for any future releases. My PF Thor was fine.

This is so cool though I may end up buying another so I can display both versions. It's a shame to keep this cool Golden Age head and shield under wraps!

BB

Back