Captain America killed!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I Killed that little B!tch!"
71551_press02-001.jpg

Captain America's death will be a temporary thing, much like Superman's death and Batman's broken back.

There are certain characters in comic books who are pretty much untouchable and Captain America is certainly one of them, at least IMO, he's one of Marvel's biggest icons.

I don't really think this will affect the value of the PF at all though, it might prompt more people to pick up the comic books, but it doesn't follow that those people will then pay 100's of dollars for a statue of him as well. Guess we'll have to see though.

The Captain America PF is a very cool piece though and the best exclusive in SSC's history IMO.

WAITLIST CONVERT NOW...WAITLIST CONVERT NOW!

Meh, they always kill heros, if they're main, they come back. Maybe he'll come back as a flag burning hippy cap, or come back super-conservative with his sidekick Ann Coulter.

Batty said:
I like how the first thing you guys think of is how much the PF will be worth. :lol

The first thing I thought was that they had cancelled the PF. *Whew*

What ticks me off about crap like this is I buy/read comics all the tiome, I'm a fan./ And I go out, to the store and can't buy this cause every un-employed jagoff went and snatched it up! Ticks me off. I don't subscribe because I move around a lot, or atleast have over the last 4 months. I went 1 hour after opening to a local place and they were all oujt, no surprise. I gotta try ot get the McGuiness cover, he's the bomb!

optimus said:
The first thing I thought was that they had cancelled the PF. *Whew*
:lol "Whew" indeed. ;)

I haven't bought a Captain America comic since the 80's. The new hard boiled squinty eyed half-his-face-always-in-shadow Caps of today haven't appealed to me as much. Always looking for a good new story though.

He'll obviously be back but I'm definitely curious as to where they're going with this. My favorite storyline was from issues 332-350 where Steve Rogers stepped down as Cap and was replaced by a nearly psychotic John Walker (who would later become USAgent.) Of course they had a showdown with Rogers retaking the mantle. I wonder if they're going to go down a similar course with whatever story they're doing now.

Death certainly wouldn't be a low point for Cap. Not after all the late 80's/90's silliness of him becoming a werewolf, having a full body blood transfusion (remember kids, super soldier serums kill our athletes every year :monkey1) and of course that whole "Heroes Reborn" thing when he was drawn by "He Who Shall Not Be Named." :lol

Last edited:
Well, you guys can always have Captain Canuck, right Shai? Our heros live forever!

And as for Captain America. Khev and I'll be grieving. We need your support...

You can support our loss by giving donations which will be used to pay off our 1/4 Premium Format Captain America mixed media statue preorders.

Thank you sincerely,

Eli26 and Khev

Shai Hulud said:
FINNALY THE DEATH OF AN AMERICAN ICON!!!! I THINK ITS VERY APPROPRIATE AND POETIC FROM MARVEL TO KILL THIS AMERICAN HERO WHO SYMBOLISE AMERICA IN OUR TIME...CANT YOU SEE ????

AMERICA HAS FAILED !!!!

R.I.P STEVE ROGERS !!!!

:monkey1 :monkey1 :monkey1

Are you deliberately trying to piss people off? Some of us have immediate family still in Iraq. Stop being such an immature dolt. America has failed? Maybe in their immigration policies.

kodiak8658 said:
Are you deliberately trying to piss people off? Some of us have immediate family still in Iraq. Stop being such an immature dolt. America has failed? Maybe in their immigration policies.
Did you read his post right after that?

While this came a shock to me, I figured it would happen. I just thought Capt. Or Iron Man would end up kiling the other in the final CW. So I guess the way Capt died was the most shocking. I picked up the issue, but haven't read it yet. There are two covers. One of them says Civil War Epiloque on it so I guess it is still part of CW. For his death to really mean something they better not bring him back. Let him live in the Ultimate Parallel world or what ever. While I am sad to see Capt go, I was with Iron Man :monkey3

kodiak8658 said:

I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD THREW ME THAT CARD...:lol :lol

SEE THE OTHER POST RIGHT AFTER THE ONE YOU QUOTE....

MY COUSIN WHOM I CONSIDER MORE AS A BROTHER FOR ALL MY LIFE IS IN AFGHANISTAN RIGHT NOW BY THE WAY...

Last edited:
Spartan Rex said:
Shai,
Do you ever get tired of yourself?

NEVER.....BUT I GET TIRED WHEN SOMEONES ALWAYS QUOTE THE BIBLE IN COLLECTIBLES FORUM.

Bannister said:
Did you read his post right after that?

A SMART,SARCASTIC MAN.THIS IS HOW I LIKE MY FRIENDS TO BE.THANK YOU JOHN.

Back