Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This was a perfect 10, damn there was so much going on here in a good way, so many of the hero's conflicted, this truly was civil war and the hero's brawl is what we have deserved. Its a rare trilogy in captain america, where each film just gets better, the writing is even tighter, and so many characters get their time. I am very interested how the russo brothers will handle the guardians of the galaxy characters, because the humor in the russo films is very suttle, but when it needed to be funny but the opposite of one liners. Such a mature film seems marvel really cater for so many, this film is not a kid friendly film, stark, steve, vision, and the rest of the hero's are very serious and when they fight it aint pretty. People have had a problem with the villain, I think his part fits in perfect with the film, infinity wars WOW I cannot wait to see what the russo brothers will do with these films

The people who wouldn't want Zemo wouldn't want him because of the name only I think. If you have no clue to who Zemo is, or if he were named differently I think you'd like this villain.

The people who wouldn't want Zemo wouldn't want him because of the name only I think. If you have no clue to who Zemo is, or if he were named differently I think you'd like this villain.

No idea who Zemo was prior to watching this, but I like their choice of villain this time around. Shows that with good writing, you don't need to have a bigger, badder villain in order to fight the superheroes.

No idea who Zemo was prior to watching this, but I like their choice of villain this time around. Shows that with good writing, you don't need to have a bigger, badder villain in order to fight the superheroes.

He is what we should have got with Lex, where the film was about the villain not being able to take on the avengers because he would lose, but planting the seeds in the shadows which would see the hero's turn on each other, because the villain went out of his way to not be a face he did what Loki failed to do in the avengers by ripping them apart, Ultron opened up the wounds of avengers downfall, zemo continues where ultron left off. That was the thing with zemo, he was a chess piece villain that went out of his way by not standing out, but quietly plant the sees and that is a good villain. This was a very refreshing villain, while snyder rammed lex down our throats Justin Hammer style, zemo never overshadowed the film, and his plan was driving the film where it goes from everyone signing an agreement, to all out war between the hero's. I heard a few complaints about him, I think without zemo I don't think the avengers fighting would have had the payoff we got.

I heard a few complaints about him, I think without zemo I don't think the avengers fighting would have had the payoff we got.

Yeah I'd like to think his scheme is the glue that binds the plot of the film together; so discreet yet full of lasting repercussions.

He is what we should have got with Lex, where the film was about the villain not being able to take on the avengers because he would lose, but planting the seeds in the shadows which would see the hero's turn on each other, because the villain went out of his way to not be a face he did what Loki failed to do in the avengers by ripping them apart, Ultron opened up the wounds of avengers downfall, zemo continues where ultron left off. That was the thing with zemo, he was a chess piece villain that went out of his way by not standing out, but quietly plant the sees and that is a good villain. This was a very refreshing villain, while snyder rammed lex down our throats Justin Hammer style, zemo never overshadowed the film, and his plan was driving the film where it goes from everyone signing an agreement, to all out war between the hero's. I heard a few complaints about him, I think without zemo I don't think the avengers fighting would have had the payoff we got.

Well put :clap

Yeah I'd like to think his scheme is the glue that binds the plot of the film together; so discreet yet full of lasting repercussions.

Zemo and Ultron are probably my 2 fave MCU villains, because while everyone loves loki he is a good character, he brought the Avengers together. Ultron and Zemo have have had the greatest impact on the avengers going into the film and after, Ultron has created the bigger consequences and repercussions of the Avengers actions, and that is the entire platform of how Civil war builds on. Ultron's plan has lost the avengers trump card in Bruce Banner and they mention this. Ultron set the events in motion of the decline of the avengers has a team going into civil war, and the russo brothers do it with such conviction. Ultron creation rips Tony's reputation apart, victims calling out Tony, even Hank has a go at Tony in antman and that is what is needed to show Tony cannot keep doing what he likes.

That is what I liked Sokovia is not swept under the rug, it was just the straw the broke the cammels back, Ultron gives the government a reason to call out the avengers, because it was Tony's fault on what happened in Sokovia. So Ultron really puts the wheels in motion of getting the avengers to sign the agreement, and Zemo just opens the wounds even further. There was a part in the film where I thought the film was going to get generic, and it turns it on itself to create the payoff it needed, because there was a 10 minute period where the film was on the verge of losing steam which would have been a bit of copout, but it starts up again. That is what I like with villains in movies like this, its not what they do in the current movies, but the aftermath of it all.

So zemo really was a crucial cog that kept the films engine moving along, every action zemo does has a reaction in such an effective way. Some critics on youtube surprise me how they say the film would have been just has good or even better without zemo, no it would not because there is a certain point in the film that zemo is needed for that payoff, everything he does just keeps building towards this war between the hero's.

Ultron creation rips Tony's reputation apart, victims calling out Tony, even Hank has a go at Tony in antman and that is what is needed to show Tony cannot keep doing what he likes.

That is what I liked Sokovia is not swept under the rug, it was just the straw the broke the cammels back, Ultron gives the government a reason to call out the avengers, because it was Tony's fault on what happened in Sokovia.

You know I thought it would have been better if they had used this as the government's excuse for oversight; rogue creations (including Vision probably) does give genuine concern over the safety of the general public.

But Ross pointing out the events of Avengers, TWS & AoU (when Ultron had already been created) as the trigger for government control? I thought that was kinda weak. I mean, with the power levels of those villains, wouldn't it have been total annihilation if the Avengers hadn't been there?

Which is why I agree with Cap's stance that it is impossible to save everyone, not with that thin roster of heroes. And considering the events of TWS, I thought it weird that any of the team would even entertain the idea ceding control to the government. If there's anything, or anyone, that needed oversight, it should only be directed towards the mad/brilliant scientists themselves, i.e. Stark and Banner.

I guess that is my only gripe with the plot - the kinda weak reason for government oversight in the first place.

I just saw this and thoroughly enjoyed it - small quibbles were the abundance of shaky cam in the opening scenes that made it a bit hard to process. Apart from that, I thought it was great, if a little less tight than TWS.

Yeah, he did.
But most of us kinda knew it months ago thanks to Lego.

They do this all the time, they get leaked time and time again. You just can't look at merchandise for these types of movies any more because they're so incompetent at keeping these details under wraps. :slap

I like how you can come into this movie rooting for a "team" and yet come out of it both teams were right and wrong at the same time. RDJ, Chris and Sebastian all pulled their acting chops here and you can see how their characters developed from the past films up to this point.

:exactly:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Could only find Latino camrip. If anyone has a link to the English one PLEASE pm me!
I really don't want to wait a week or even more to see it dubbed.

Listening to the soundtrack right now...

Saw this film in Spanish but can't wait to see it next week again, it was allright but as usual with these movies the cliffhanger build up towards the next one makes the wait seem like forever

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Back