Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Bucky was fighting Black Widow (BW) & strangling her, BW said something along the lines of "You can at least recognise me?".
I wonder if this is a hint or easter egg to BW & Winter Soldier's romance in the comics?
In the comics, BW & Bucky hooked up when they were both training under the red room programme. They got back together when Bucky became Captain America after Steve's death & continued to date quite awhile till BW got her brain wipe by another winter soldier.
View attachment 264416
Thinking the same thing since they said they are going to make a Black Widow movie now. She's supposed to have the Russian version of the super solider serum in her. I'd like to see some of that in the movies.

I like RDJ, but... nah. If he's wearing his heels he might be able to reach Evans. Still, Boston kid vanquishes Malibu kid every time. :lecture

Was 100% Team Cap going into the movie. I'm 1,000% Team Cap now. :yess:

There's a shocker. :lol

I was talking about RDJ attitude and presence over Evans:lol- Evans a pretty boy but to me RDJ Stark far more interesting of a character

Will be 1st 1B earner of 2016.

Significant increase from TWS.

But expected considering this really was Avengers 2.5 minus Hulk, Thor, Fury and Maria Hill.

Wonder why Fury didn't get included in the debate.

Anyways, having watched it again lastnight I found Zemo's personal small scale vendetta to be refreshing.

I appreciated even more the way "Joker wanted to be caught" plot mechanics was flipped on its head with Zemo wanting the WS to be caught by the authorities because there was no way he would've been able to read off those trigger words while WS wasn't restrained.

2 action scenes stuck out even more to me this time around.

BW absolute best fighting scene so far against the 2 goons that worked for Crossbones, just insane choreography involved.

Same with BP vs WS while BP was in street clothes right after WS escaped. BP kicked ass even without his uniform, the man truly makes the hero there, not the costume.

Both scenes were very well executed!

Looks like Fury and Pepper written out of the MCU for some reason..unreasonable salary demands that pissed Feige off for good??

I liked the breadcrumbs they dropped about Pepper. Felt like things happen between movies. I was surprised Fury didn't show up but given the size of the cast it certainly didn't need another.

Wonder why Fury didn't get included in the debate.

It seems like an oversight. At the end of Winter Soldier, Fury was playing dead, then in AOU, he magically shows up with the hellicarier. I think his absence in Civil War is because there was no outside threat like Ultron or Loki, etc. Bombing the U.N. isn't necessarily a fury type matter, but playing dead, he can't show up for the accord signing. I think his absence is simply because he had nothing to add to things. Hill is likely where he is, not working for Stark undercover anymore after Stark quit the Avengers.

There is one item that I keep thinking about, remove WS
Spoiler Spoiler:
and their group ideological differences really doesn't possess much weight. They went back to being friends at the end until the shocking revelation.

I guess when you add that along with General Secretary Ross being given an easy pass from the group you do begin to see some chinks in the plot.

This is where a movie greatly benefits from being fun and entertaining, it makes problems that much easier to be forgiven.

But some are pointing out that the relationship between Cap and Bucky is the meat and potato of this movie.

More important is that the Russo's bros are now respected for action scenes more than any other director in Hollywood! :lol

By the way... When Zemo first gets to the Siberian station and shines the light into the glass at the frozen Winter Soldier specimen... Is it just me, or does that dude look a lot like Henry Cavill?

Saw it for the third time today and still love it. This movie re-established RDJ as the acting chops of the franchise. In Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2 he either was just going through the motions or written more poorly while Cap was written with more presence. But in this movie RDJ'S interactions with everyone else, especially Tom Holland, Chris Evans and Don Cheadle especially were among some of the best quieter moments of the movie as well as Boseman's scenes with his father and Zemo.

One thing I didn't truly understand was the affect Panthers ring was having on Bucky's arm and vice versa. Were they magnetized to each or something? They both seemed surprised by it...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Saw this with the kids yesterday in 3D digital IMAX. Was very impressed. I thought it was shockingly good, and that's saying a lot because I really wasn't in the mood for more MCU offerings this year, even though it's my preferred cbm universe. Probably not *quite* as good from beginning to end as TWS but it was close. Definitely my favorite "team" superhero movie by far. And I must say that for me it didn't have a single cringeworthy moment like Falcon jumping into the chopper in TWS. So even if it wasn't as masterful from beginning to end at least the Russos tightened up low end moments like that. Kudos to them.

I loved all the action sequences and was genuinely shocked that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought it was brilliant that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spider-Man and Ant-Man had my kids in stitches during the airport battle. And one thing I really liked about this movie was seeing all superheroes in "pull their punches" mode, both against each other and against the regular humans trying to arrest them. It made the film less violent yes but by the same token it also made all of the duels more like the comics and forced everyone to have more creative tactics which made for very entertaining battles.

And unless I wasn't following the action correctly they actually had Cap, Black Panther AND Bucky all running on foot at 50 mph??? They aren't even trying to reign in these guys' power levels, but I love it. :lol

By the way... When Zemo first gets to the Siberian station and shines the light into the glass at the frozen Winter Soldier specimen... Is it just me, or does that dude look a lot like Henry Cavill?

Zemo said they died in their sleep but those looked like bullet holes in their foreheads to me! :lol

Saw it for the third time today and still love it. This movie re-established RDJ as the acting chops of the franchise. In Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2 he either was just going through the motions or written more poorly while Cap was written with more presence. But in this movie RDJ'S interactions with everyone else, especially Tom Holland, Chris Evans and Don Cheadle especially were among some of the best quieter moments of the movie as well as Boseman's scenes with his father and Zemo.

One thing I didn't truly understand was the affect Panthers ring was having on Bucky's arm and vice versa. Were they magnetized to each or something? They both seemed surprised by it...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is that what that was, thanks for clarifying that for me. I wonder if that will never be brought up again, unless his ring is an infinity gem in the MCU! :horror

Saw this with the kids yesterday in 3D digital IMAX. Was very impressed. I thought it was shockingly good, and that's saying a lot because I really wasn't in the mood for more MCU offerings this year, even though it's my preferred cbm universe. Probably not *quite* as good from beginning to end as TWS but it was close. Definitely my favorite "team" superhero movie by far. And I must say that for me it didn't have a single cringeworthy moment like Falcon jumping into the chopper in TWS. So even if it wasn't as masterful from beginning to end at least the Russos tightened up low end moments like that. Kudos to them.

I loved all the action sequences and was genuinely shocked that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought it was brilliant that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spider-Man and Ant-Man had my kids in stitches during the airport battle. And one thing I really liked about this movie was seeing all superheroes in "pull their punches" mode, both against each other and against the regular humans trying to arrest them. It made the film less violent yes but by the same token it also made all of the duels more like the comics and forced everyone to have more creative tactics which made for very entertaining battles.

And unless I wasn't following the action correctly they actually had Cap, Black Panther AND Bucky all running on foot at 50 mph??? They aren't even trying to reign in these guys' power levels, but I love it. :lol

Finally old man!

I easily place this movie above TWS and Avengers, and I love those 2!

My favorite line is still Spidey's reaction to Giant-man......"Holy ****!" :lol

I am most grateful for no Wilson (not even as Falcon) into helicopter eye roll this time out!

Screw it, reveal that Falcon was a recipient of the super soldier serum! :lol

We still have Stark's AOU vision to deal with.

Haha! He really did. I was like waitaminute, he didn't look like Cavill before, was it the glass, or was someone having a little fun with CGI?:lol

My guess is that Panther's ring and Bucky's arm are made of vibranium. Not sure of the huge importance or why they reflect, as we see Cap and Panther go at it and his suit is vibranium too.

But if it magnetizes, it makes sense as we see Bucky catch the shield several time with ease and always with his arm.

I havent read most of the previous pages, since I just saw this today, but Spiderman in this movie was perfect! Ive never read the comic book, but he just came off like (what I imagine) the character should be, far better than the actors before him.

I dunno, it kinda had that twilight vampire run vibe to it for some reason :lol

Back