Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wire work in CW is not fluid at all, at all, it takes me back to the 2000's, in fact, the few times I was taken out of the action it was precisely because of how obvious the wire work was.

Sorry man but the MCU is still below DC when it comes to action, it gets closer with CW and it got DC beat with TWS in H2H for a second there, before the Batman sequence came.

I have to see CW again to see the bad wire work.. I thought it was bad CGI (mostly black Panther stuff) I really don't remember

However

I think you are going to have to accept that people just like different action.. I went back and watched MOS scenes after our long discussion the other night (which was a blast btw :) ) and find nothing about it very exciting or amazing. Give me any Hulk moment in Avengers, Give me the Airport scene in CW, give me anything in TWS over MOS and BvS. MOS and most of the action in BvS may have had Huge amounts of Destruction but the fights themselves were nothing special.

Give me this

or this

or this

or this

or this

or all of this

any day over this

or this

or any of this

Now this is good... Even though I noticed they made Bats fight a lot like Cap with his superhuman strength moves :)

AS good as Warehouse action is IMO it's not as good as

I just prefer the style, fun, and feeling of comics being brought to life more then the two DC movies. Especially MOS which IMO had the action been great I would have enjoyed the movie much more.

It's cool you like the DC action as much as you do... It just is your type of action and there is nothing wrong with that... You obviously believe it has Marvel action beat... Many of us don't and prefer the action that Marvel offers.

Last edited:
Having a difficult time deciding if the old school rock piling scene or the high tech imagery conversations with dead pops was best....decisions, decisions . :wink1:
[emoji38]

Well, at least this time the random scene in the superhero movie that is supposed to have emotional resonance later in the movie wasn't so damn spot on like previous films.

Batman Begins - Why do we fall Bruce?

Winter Soldier - I'm with you till the end of the line

Batman v Superman - She was my world

Any others?

There is no way in hell that MOS/BvS fights are better than what's on display in AOU/TWS/CW.

Marvel has really raised the bar with those 3 movies, especially with TWS/CW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I forgot how epic MOS was- I think it has the best mass destruction/battle scenes ever done catapulted by fantastic effects work

There is no way in hell that MOS/BvS fights are better than what's on display in AOU/TWS/CW.

See I think AOU is about the same level of MOS and BvS... In fact I find it much worse... Not much in AOU sticks out to me and some of it is just plain awful... Come on Jye... Get with the program ;)

The action I saw in Civil War was better than any superhero movie, period.

Deadpool action better then BvS....warehouse scene had Bats throwing punches that clearlly missed and bad guys standing waiting to be hit....not certain what film some folks watched when speaking action. All BvS had was loud, over the top plosions nothing original just BIG

Remove the warehouse scene, Batman v Superman fight, the R/C batmobile chase, a few seconds of WW/Superman against Abomination and BvS is left with no action. :lol

How long was that BvS fight, 5 minutes tops?

I thought the fight between Batman and Superman was great until Batman starts lassoing Superman around and the MARTHA stuff.

Take it out of the context of the movie just by itself (Batman setting up a trap for Superman and defying his order by shining the Batsignal), and it's a great fight. It just goes on a bit too long like with the flailing Superman parts.

Civil War kind of has that too though when Bucky is going up that Silo and Iron Man is chasing after him. It just goes on for too long and you could play Benny Hill music to the amount of times Bucky and Iron Man flip and fall through the air.

I've always been a fan of more straightforward action. I appreciate the filmmaker throwing in every idea that comes to mind in the fight and how to utilize all of the environment, but some thing that's more to the point packs a more powerful punch. After a while it just feels like two people slapping each other with no real consequences or weight behind it.

I can see how TWS or CW could be put up against BvS or MoS. But AoU? :lol you're crazy, AoU looks like **** from head to toes when it comes to action.

the MCU overall is very weak when it comes to action, very, very weak.

I think people have a bit of a sugar high with CW because the action is really nothing that raises the bar, MoS DID raise the bar when it comes to CGI action and it has aged waaaay better than AoU despite being older.

Remove the warehouse scene, Batman v Superman fight, the R/C batmobile chase, a few seconds of WW/Superman against Abomination and BvS is left with no action. :lol

How long was that BvS fight, 5 minutes tops?

I don't care for the Batmobile chase at all in BvS. I like the warehouse fight and thought the Batman / Superman fight had some moments but was overall a let down..

Ready for this boys and girls... Now I have not watched either film in a while and I am not a huge fan of either... But

I thought Transformers 1 and 3 had better large scale city destruction action scenes then MOS and BvS.

I am out of here :lol

Back