Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the 90's, besides the movies and music, it was a nearly endless barrage of bars, girls and trouble (the good kind), settled down in the 00's.

I was also about 50 lbs lighter, damn you work and post 30's metabolism change.
Were you in the military?

Hm? (checks google)
O yea your right. Damn How did I not know this.

Because you're a zygote?
Just a logical guess . . . :wink1:

Cinema success for our beloved modern myths is NOT a zero sum game.
ALL should get great treatment and reception, regardless of publisher.

But all films are not created equal . . . some work, and others must fail.

Russos deserve respect, no doubt, but let's pump the brakes a little bit please.

How about you get 'Ol Hoke to pump those brakes for you, Miss Daisy?

Driving+Miss+Daisy+Still.jpg

I'll stay excited about Civil War.

>Marvel Studios has been building this world since 2008.
>The Russo bros. delivered a great film with Winter Soldier.
>The trailers have looked impressive.

Yawn of Justice?

>The trailers revealed the poor casting and overstuffed plotlines.
>Snyder helms the picture . . . Man Of Steel was a muddled misfire.
>The Worthless Beancounters that run Warner Bros. want to win the World Cup with a neophyte squad.
>WB/DC is cheap and stupid and desperate.
>They sit on an intellectual property goldmine that they have no clue how to develop.

Sow=Reap.
Nuff Said.

___

Last edited by a moderator:
Because you're a zygote?
Just a logical guess . . . :wink1:

Cinema success for our beloved modern myths is NOT a zero sum game.
ALL should get great treatment and reception, regardless of publisher.

But all films are not created equal . . . some work, and others must fail.

How about you get 'Ol Hoke to pump those brakes for you, Miss Daisy?

View attachment 254419

I'll stay excited about Civil War.

>Marvel Studios has been building this world since 2008.
>The Russo bros. delivered a great film with Winter Soldier.
>The trailers have looked impressive.

Yawn of Justice?

>The trailers revealed the poor casting and overstuffed plotlines.
>Snyder helms the picture . . . Man Of Steel was a muddled misfire.
>The Worthless Beancounters that run Warner Bros. want to win the World Cup with a neophyte squad.
>WB/DC is cheap and stupid and desperate.
>They sit on an intellectual property goldmine that they have no clue how to develop.

Sow=Reap.
Nuff Said.

___

Wow I got called a zygote that's a first. Lmao dear lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the topic at hand, CW is IMDB's #1 "Most Popular Movie", above BvS which is sitting at #2. And people are worried it's not being marketed well...

Plus, new international trailer:

How can anyone hate the 90s it had some of the best cartoons on tv and some great movies and music. Things were so laid back! And yes the symbiotes were a great part of comics back then and gave birth to spiders greatest foe, venom! Plus they had a bunch of other very cool things in it
B:TAS was great. Most other cartoons were terrible, IMO. Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking of James Bond, Jr., X-Men, Captain Planet, Rugrats. . .But a lot of this is probably a function of your age. I was born in 1980, so I'm an '80s kid, and love that decade. I spent my teen years in the '90s. Sure, there was some GREAT music early on (Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Sugar, Soundgarden, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, etc.) but it petered out with the commercialization of "alternative and grunge" music. From the mid-to-late '90s the music was mostly garbage. Including the band, Garbage. Though of course, you'll have some great artists in any era. Ben Folds Five came out of the late '90s, and they're one of my favorite bands.

Movie-wise, Riddick lists a lot of good ones. I actually don't mind the '90s from the standpoint of movies. Big Lebowski and Fargo are two of my all-time favorites. Every decade has a pretty good range of crappy and awesome movies. But Mortal Kombat, '90s Frankenstein, Dracula, Fortress??? No thanks :lol

:lecture

I'm a child of the 70s and 80s and I have an irrational dislike of the 90s. From like 1989-1999, I just don't like much at all in pop culture. Even music acts that I loved from the 80s, I consider their worst work to be from the 90s.

Thankfully, things seemed to get better after that.
You and me both. :duff

'90s Duran Duran and Def Leppard? Yuck.

Venom was introduced in the 80's
Technically yes, but he made his mark in the '90s, when he and Carnage started dominating the Spider-Man books, and even videogames. I consider Venom a '90s character, and thus, I hate him.

But Mortal Kombat, '90s Frankenstein, Dracula, Fortress??? No thanks :lol
1. The best VG-to-film adaptation to date
2. The most accurate adaptation of the novel to date
3. The most unique adaptation of the novel to date
4. Stuart Gordon, Christopher Lambert and Kurtwood Smith

:monkey3

Not to mention it was the peak of shopping at Toys R Us where if you wanted to go anywhere you had to go through their video game section and give them hand outs, and also the last generation of awesome toys. You guys don't know how much fun looking at the Kenner catalogs were

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Back