Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching it a 2nd time, the thing I love about it is it feels like a sequel to Winter Soldier, not Age of Ultron.
While I agree tonally yes, I think AOU adds a little bit of weight into this if you look at it from Tony's perspective. The trailer hints that the events of AOU paved way for that desire of accountability for the heroes' actions (one of the things shown in the trailer is a document with Sokovia written on it, which is the country that Ultron terrorized).

Given how AOU might as well have been IM4 and co., if you think of how Tony screwed up in making Ultron but still got the support he needed to rise back up (fighting Ultron "together" through Cap's encouragement of all people), the final part of the Civil War trailer stabs that right into the heart ("But he's my friend." "So was I.")

if you think of how Tony screwed up in making Ultron but still got the support he needed to rise back up (fighting Ultron "together" through Cap's encouragement of all people), the final part of the Civil War trailer stabs that right into the heart ("But he's my friend." "So was I.")

Stark mentions about being accountable......being he and Banner created Ultron who killed and destroyed how does he justify holding Bucky accountable and not himself or Banner....curious how / whether that'll be played out in the film.

Stark mentions about being accountable......being he and Banner created Ultron who killed and destroyed how does he justify holding Bucky accountable and not himself or Banner....curious how / whether that'll be played out in the film.

I think that might be the point being made though. Stark is already accepting the limitations put on him after the screwup in AOU, whereas comparatively speaking, Bucky hasn't really been held accountable for anything he's done despite working under HYDRA for years and killing many people in the way (albeit brainwashed but still).

Civil Dust-up

Russo interview about the trailer and what drives the characters (very good read)
Russos Talk CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Trailer; New Details On 'Black Panther', 'Zemo'

That was a great read. Well I'm glad that Ultron wasn't just forgotten by the Russos and even serves as the catalyst for the registration in the first place. Also damn I'm really excited how they'll handle Tony. Just from the sounds of it, seems like they're already delving into things that haven't been explored in the movies yet to further his character arc.

I must be jaded...new trailer was "meh" to me and looked same old same old to me... it did look "smaller" and more focused and I do LIKE that after the CGI orgy of AoU..

The 00's in MI6 will take care of everybody :) first is B vs S and now CA vs IM...cant wait for KK vs Gzlla ....whoot!

In that trailer substitute CA for Bourne, Ethan Hunt or JB :) ...i like it

I must be jaded...new trailer was "meh" to me and looked same old same old to me... it did look "smaller" and more focused and I do LIKE that after the CGI orgy of AoU..

I felt the same way about Ultron, but I'm actually looking forward to this film. In terms of scale, it does feel and looks small, but less might be more in this case, especially if they tone down the CGI effects. I really couldn't get into the last battle in Ultron. It was just a big CGI mess with all those fake looking robots getting destroy so easily.

I agree with Pturtle in regards of the actual movie not quite living up to the scale of the title much like Age of Ultron.

Nevertheless it looks fantastic.

I agree with Pturtle in regards of the actual movie not quite living up to the scale of the title much like Age of Ultron.

Nevertheless it looks fantastic.
To be fair, the actual Age of Ultron comic was really terrible.

Even with all the issues that the movie had, it's still miles better than the actual comic story. :lol

I enjoyed AOU but this is more to my liking due to the WS directors at the helm, and villains being humans again.

Truth be told other than OT C3PO/R2D2 i'm not a fan of full on robot characters like Ultron.

Vision was good because he was a combination of Jarvis who we had got to know over the course of many moviex and a humanoid, he looked human so I could relate.

Robocop is mostly robotic but still had Murphy present for me to care about.

Vader mostly machine, but OT Anakin still human enough.

This trailer perfectly delivered the personal conflicts because of all the previous movies pulling on our heart strings.

Even the weaker entries played a role in giving this trailer its emotional poignancy.

Last edited:
To be fair, the actual Age of Ultron comic was really terrible.

Even with all the issues that the movie had, it's still miles better than the actual comic story. :lol

I don't mean quality of the movie/original source, I'm talking scale only.

As in, Age of Ultron wasn't really an age, it was like a weekend :lol

And this isn't really a Civil War, it's more like a gang fight :lol

Make no mistake, I think this is going to be just as good as Winter Soldier.

I don't mean quality of the movie/original source, I'm talking scale only.

As in, Age of Ultron wasn't really an age, it was like a weekend :lol

And this isn't really a Civil War, it's more like a gang fight :lol

Make no mistake, I think this is going to be just as good as Winter Soldier.

Yeah that's fair enough. I think it's also to do with brand recognition. :lol

The movies are basically ripping off the comic titles because they're instantly recognizable by fans and serves to give the films their unique titles for newer audiences. In this case, it was either the only available title relevant enough to be used because of the villain (Age of Ultron) or they're close enough to what they're actually doing story-wise (Civil War). :lol

I'm sick of these huge, stupid macguffins in these big blockbuster movies anyway. I don't need to see another Death Star, or a telescope that will freeze the entire planet, or a nuclear fusion bomb, or an alien tesseract alien invasion thing, or a an island turned meteoroid. I prefer things be smaller and more intimate, like a character study.

That was my only problem with Winter Soldier, the whole "the helicarriers are gonna kill everyone!!" climax. They handled it well though. I'm hoping with this one the struggle between the opposing view points and characters is the focus and not a ticking time bomb or the end of the world.

My favorite parts of the trailer were the shots with Cap and Bucky. I loved their friendship in TFA, how it evolved in TWS and now here in Civil War, it's full circle. Evans and Stan are great together, really looking forward to seeing them together again.

Back