Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if I'm not mistaken, Ross love Romita's design, he even making a special painting about a collage of Romita's Spider-man's event

I don't like this eyes (for now at least), a pity...

Here is another shot of him with different eyes, I guess the white changes size:

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-10%20at%2012.24.48%20PM_zpslrvmvwjm.png

I wonder if the HT version of him will have multiple eye set to swap out, like they did for Deadpool.

But there's something about Spider-Man's suit. It's cool. I'll get the figure and love it. But...there seems to be this tendency to need to break up large colors with lines and stuff. It's not just on costumes. I see this on cars/motorcycles all the time. Gotta pin stripe everything and scallop it and all that. The black lines on Spiderman suit feel like that to me. I know most people really like that stuff. Me, not so much. I prefer the clean look. I think the amazing spiderman 2 suit was better looking.

I'm a little disappointed that he doesn't have web wings.

I agree with both. Not really sold on this yet. I don't like the black lines all over the place, and the webbing itself is not a cohesive single design. Broken up into patterns side by side. The super high res image reveals a lot up close I'm not crazy about. Only texture I like is in the red parts. The eyes I guess are Stark giving him different types of vision, which means his costume is a piece of tech and not just some durable fabric. So the web shooters are most likely integrated into costume, not an add on. So far I still prefer the ASM 2 Spidey suit. Glad I got it when I did from popcultcha for cheap. This might grow on me after seeing the movie, but as of now.... :dunno

Web cartridge belt!

spideybelt_1200_562_s.png

Fat Spider on the back!

ZZ0E9C8B90-700x279.jpg

Emoting eyes!

spidey3-0.gif

Suit comparisons
ZZ5689FEA0-700x300.jpg

I know I'm in the minority because Garfield's Suit for ASM2 was fantastic but I like this version more at least from this first glance. Has a very Silver Age vibe to it for me despite the more modern lines. He'll be a day one purchase without even questioning it. Black Panther has me very interested as well.

We wants it. Spidey, that is.

I'll probably keep my ASM2 but this one looks freaking awesome.

Bought and bought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucky: "Imma ride this bike. He can't catch me"

Black Panther: "you thought, *****!"

or

Captain America: Gotta get to Bucky first!"

Black Panther: "On your left, noob"

Summary: Black Panther is not messing around.

Also, why are there huge navy blue lines running across different parts of Spider-Man's suit? They seem unnecessary.

Well, for those who want this version Hot Toys figure, maybe you'll get an extra Cap shield as an accessory like they did with Vision since he picked up Thor's hammer.. :) (I'm kidding, I hope!)

Back