Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol seeing sad Hulk was definitely somewhat amusing. Probably visually more than anything as he sat there looking huge :lol

There are just so many characters in this movie. So many individual sorry lines to look at: Cap/Buck, Cap/Carter, Cap/Iron Man, Iron Man/team, double agent, not to mention Spider-Man and BP's intros, and Paul Rudd definitely deserves his screen time as well. Whew! Glad I'm not the director! Hope for the best though!

No kidding!! I'm hoping it turns out better than AoU because there were definitely gaps in the story line. Just felt like they tried to cram too much in those couple hours. Don't get me wrong I LOVE AoU but even I can't deny that it felt a little disjointed. Hopefully they handle CW a little better

No kidding!! I'm hoping it turns out better than AoU because there were definitely gaps in the story line. Just felt like they tried to cram too much in those couple hours. Don't get me wrong I LOVE AoU but even I can't deny that it felt a little disjointed. Hopefully they handle CW a little better

I have complete faith in the Russo Brothers based on TWS and what they've said about CW.

I have complete faith in the Russo Brothers based on TWS and what they've said about CW.

Me too, I think CW will be amazing :) and I'll be happy to see a non Whedon Avengers film, especially after AOU which felt rushed but I read that it was tough for Whedon to squash everything into AOU with all the new characters. Which is fair, and I guess its a good thing IW will be two movies :lol

Me too, I think CW will be amazing :) and I'll be happy to see a non Whedon Avengers film, especially after AOU which felt rushed but I read that it was tough for Whedon to squash everything into AOU with all the new characters. Which is fair, and I guess its a good thing IW will be two movies :lol

Well, if he would have removed the unneeded romance he would have had more room to work out actual details and plot points.

That's not how I see the relationship between the Marvel Studios producers and the directors they hire. I don't think Feige cared too much about the Banner-Widow romance because it doesn't have far-reaching implications for the rest of the MCU. Despite Whedon's recent complaints about the Thor scene (which does have Phase 3 implications), these directors still get a good amount of creative freedom within the confines of their own film. Seemed to me more like a one-time thing in AoU to give Widow and Banner their own arc and some character exploration. I really wouldn't be surprised if Marvel abandons this and gives those 2 different love interests going forward, especially considering the poor fan reception.

That's not how I see the relationship between the Marvel Studios producers and the directors they hire. I don't think Feige cared too much about the Banner-Widow romance because it doesn't have far-reaching implications for the rest of the MCU. Despite Whedon's recent complaints about the Thor scene (which does have Phase 3 implications), these directors still get a good amount of creative freedom within the confines of their own film. Seemed to me more like a one-time thing in AoU to give Widow and Banner their own arc and some character exploration. I really wouldn't be surprised if Marvel abandons this and gives those 2 different love interests going forward, especially considering the poor fan reception.

I don't think anyone thinks or expects it to go any further than where it ended in AOU.

I actually didn't mind the relationship the first time I saw AoU. It wasn't until subsequent viewings that I began to grow distasteful of it. Which reminds me, I think I'm overdue to watch AoU again. :lol

I concur with this.

When I first saw AoU, my initial reaction was pretty much, "Oh, ok. I suppose they're a thing now." After several subsequent viewings though, I grew distasteful of it. As I've said before, not enough to ruin the movie at all by any means, but the bathroom/shower scene at Barton's dwelling and the dialogue that took place made it seem as if they had already been in a relationship for a couple of years.

All this talk about Banner and Nat being bad writing, but none how the twin's relationship is just a little creepy? Lol

**** the Ultimate Universe except for Ultimate Spidey up until Carnage and on. I'm glad the MCU mainly took the aesthetic of the Ultimate Universe and borrowed more of the character's personalities and stories from 616.

Back