Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

I couldn't enjoy the scene due to all the illogical actions of the mutant aliens as they were fighting the team of science heroes and mythological gods. You know, the ones who came through the worm hole in space created by the other Norse god working in concert with a nearly omnipotent, Death worshipping alien.

It goes without saying that the behavior of those aliens is really the only thing that I couldn't buy into in this film. :D

pffft nerd :monkey1

I couldn't enjoy the scene due to all the illogical actions of the mutant aliens as they were fighting the team of science heroes and mythological gods. You know, the ones who came through the worm hole in space created by the other Norse god working in concert with a nearly omnipotent, Death worshipping alien.

It goes without saying that the behavior of those aliens is really the only thing that I couldn't buy into in this film. :D

Great minds think alike I guess...

tumblr_ma04s9kzrD1ry46hlo1_400.gif

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

She's awesome only as a farm girl.
Whoever cast her as a Russian spy is a moron.

You gotta hand it to her though, she knew it was a goldmine and pulled all the stops to get it. Still poor casting but BW never was a big deal for me to begin with so whatevs.

It was great because he thought (we expected) that he would just get thrown into battle, but is instead blown off by the general (I asked for an army, all I got was you...ouch), which leads to him fighting the war from home and discovering his persona while st it. :yess:

Great catchy song too. :lol

Avengers doesn't suck, it is full of win. Certain characters got upgraded while others gave up ground that's all. After multiple viewings, Cap and BW suffer the most.

Evans' Cap lost alot of presence in Avengers. Some of that couldn't be helped due to rubbing shoulders with much more powerful characters. However, the costume was underwhelming as was his fairly tepid take on the "fish out of water" theme. Evans can do tenacious, but he needs to get more imposing somehow. Maybe he could stand to be a little more pumped up? If the gravitas ain't there, he's gonna look like a scrappy terrier instead of a rottweiler.

ScarJo will never be believable as BW but at least she looked good.

That is one thing that bugged me a bit about the Avengers. I know Cap doesn't have all the experience that his Comic counterpart has, but I really like the idea that pretty much *everybody* in the marvel Universe defers to Cap when it comes to leading. He is just a natural at it. That didn't come across that successfully in the Avengers imo. That scene where he gives orders was pretty cool... but I don't think he has done much to deserve that kind of respect (his WW2 past aside I guess). I'm really looking forward to the espionage/spy take on the Winter Soldier. Hopefully Cap really shows his A game.

That is one thing that bugged me a bit about the Avengers. I know Cap doesn't have all the experience that his Comic counterpart has, but I really like the idea that pretty much *everybody* in the marvel Universe defers to Cap when it comes to leading. He is just a natural at it. That didn't come across that successfully in the Avengers imo. That scene where he gives orders was pretty cool... but I don't think he has done much to deserve that kind of respect (his WW2 past aside I guess). I'm really looking forward to the espionage/spy take on the Winter Soldier. Hopefully Cap really shows his A game.

Absolutely. Another thing that might help improve the situation would be to have Nick Fury take a few steps back and let Cap really take over and get out from under SHIELD.

Back