Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

Just came back from the showing and damn do I want to go watch it again.

What I loved the most was the action and fighting sequences. In previous Marvel films, most of the hand to hand combat was pretty linear, especially those with Cap. He would throw a punch and everybody would go down instantly. It felt like they were scripted to just lose and fall to the ground instead of it looking like a natural fight sequence.

Only this time, the fight sequences were pretty much brutal. The fights between Cap and WS were tense and had you waiting for the killing blow to be struck, which could have been delivered from either side.

Easily ranks on top right along with Iron Man as a CBM.

Agree 100% fight sense were excellent and brutal... Very well done. All the action scenes were exciting and well done.

Just saw this, got to say this is the best movie so far of Phase 2. Really loved it overall, can't wait to see it again next weekend.

Again I agree 100%. Sooooooo Much better then the average Thor 2 and the craptastic IM3.

This was how you follow up the Avengers film with a stand alone hero movie.

Excellent movie. Best Marvel film since the first Iron Man. I will probably see it a second time. This is the first time I feel Cap was properly handled. He was bad ***.

I still like Avengers better but I actually like it better then the first Iron Man. It's sort of hard to compare because I have seen Iron man many more times... But as far as first time viewing I enjoyed this more. The only Marvel film I enjoyed more then this one, for a first time viewing, besides the Avengers was The Incredible Hulk... But Hulk is my fav.... But I think CA:TWS will hold up better then TIH has (even though I still love it :) )

:lecture

I thought the same thing, Khev! :rock:rock:rock

Beyond bad ***. :exactly:

:rock

Oh and did anyone else feel bad for those poor guys trying to ready the Quinjets to help Steve? They were just a bunch of regular guys and were so loyal and enthusiastic about backing up their hero and then WS came and slaughtered them all. :(

Dude got kicked into the wing blades and just went poof!

:horror

And the other poor dude almost made it had not WS flung a grenade into the QJ just before the rear hanger door was closed.

I don't recall the height of the fall from the exploding plane... The super soldier thing could probably explain the hibernation... You didn't think, "WTF" when he was landing on concrete? I guess it all depends on where you draw the line. It's a comic book movie but at what point do you shake your head and say, "no ****ing way"? When Superman reversed time by circling the earth I said, "no ****ing way". It's a comic book movie but is there a line to be drawn?

For me it's how well it's done and looks... If Cap fell and then just got right back up the I would have rolled my eyes... But after the fall and landing on his shield you could see he was in pain. While I don't think Cap would survive the fall at least the filmmakers made it seem like it hurt. And the fact that he is a Super Soldier in a Comic book film I was able to look the other way.

Example of it done badly - In the Film Live Free or Die Hard... John McClane jumps off a plane down a slides down on concrete road from a destroyed bridge and just stands up brushes himself off. That makes my eyes role. Had he been bloodied and limped away looking like he almost got killed... I would have accepted it more. Even though I know in real life.. He's a dead man or he would be unable to move from having so much flesh torn off his skin from the concrete

But I thought they did fine with Caps fall. However I was not as crazy about Falcon jumping from a window and being saved by falling into a Helicopter.. That was much more of an eye rolling moment to me.

Yeah they went a little too far with Falcon. Doesn't he know what movie series he's in? I wouldn't be jumping anywhere near propellers if I were him.

There's a bunch of Hail Hyda memes going around. Some of them are pretty good.

View attachment 103082
View attachment 103083
View attachment 103084
View attachment 103085
48246385.jpg

For me it's how well it's done and looks... If Cap fell and then just got right back up the I would have rolled my eyes... But after the fall and landing on his shield you could see he was in pain. While I don't think Cap would survive the fall at least the filmmakers made it seem like it hurt. And the fact that he is a Super Soldier in a Comic book film I was able to look the other way.

Example of it done badly - In the Film Live Free or Die Hard... John McClane jumps off a plane down a slides down on concrete road from a destroyed bridge and just stands up brushes himself off. That makes my eyes role. Had he been bloodied and limped away looking like he almost got killed... I would have accepted it more. Even though I know in real life.. He's a dead man or he would be unable to move from having so much flesh torn off his skin from the concrete

But I thought they did fine with Caps fall. However I was not as crazy about Falcon jumping from a window and being saved by falling into a Helicopter.. That was much more of an eye rolling moment to me.
Lol yeah. Especially since it was a helicopter and fury had to basically make it perpendicular to the ground to keep the blades from shredding Sam. That's really my only nitpick

Falcon huge eye rolling moment for me. Only thing I would change in what is already a phenomenal movie.

He was not a recipient of the SSS.

What in gods name did I just watch? Since when is a burger/sandwich a biscuit?

So, would a morbidly obese Quicksilver be as fast as Usain Bolt?

He almost looks like a young Doc Brown with those goggles,white brows and hair.
That explains how they get Logan back and forth through time...Delorean.

"Great Scott Marty, it's a mutant massacre."

Back