Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are giclees and which is a good Captain America one?

cropwm.jpg

This has always been one of my favorites. I have yet to get a print for my Cap display.

Giclee is not much more than a fancy digital print.

Giclée (/ʒiːˈkleɪ/ zhee-KLAY or /dʒiːˈkleɪ/) is a neologism coined in 1991 by printmaker Jack Duganne for fine art digital prints made on inkjet printers. The name originally applied to fine art prints created on IRIS printers in a process invented in the late 1980s but has since come to mean any inkjet print.

Giclee is not much more than a fancy digital print.

Giclée (/ʒiːˈkleɪ/ zhee-KLAY or /dʒiːˈkleɪ/) is a neologism coined in 1991 by printmaker Jack Duganne for fine art digital prints made on inkjet printers. The name originally applied to fine art prints created on IRIS printers in a process invented in the late 1980s but has since come to mean any inkjet print.

So what would be an art print? I'm curious because they sell both but the giclee costs a lot more so I'm wondering why that is.

So what would be an art print? I'm curious because they sell both but the giclee costs a lot more so I'm wondering why that is.

An art print means they charge you more for the same thing. Ideally, it means a better quality of paper and better color management. In practice, you get to pay for the feeling that your print is somehow better than someone else's print.

Hey guys, so to keep you updated...the custom work for the flying war torn flag and handgun switchout parts will be starting today :)

On a side note, I will also be receiving another custom hand from a good friend which allows you the option of displaying the statue without Cap holding his shield :horror Once I've received this hand later in the week i'll be seeing if I can attach the round shield to Caps back - should be fairly straight forward. I'll post some pics at the weekend :)

488a2087f14ef0c02176ed0ebbbc0101.jpg

Hey guys, so to keep you updated...the custom work for the flying war torn flag and handgun switchout parts will be starting today :)

On a side note, I will also be receiving another custom hand from a good friend which allows you the option of displaying the statue without Cap holding his shield :horror Once I've received this hand later in the week i'll be seeing if I can attach the round shield to Caps back - should be fairly straight forward. I'll post some pics at the weekend :)

Great news. :rock

Very cool, Andy! :rock

I look forward to seeing WIP pics of the war torn flag. :yess:

Hurry up and unbox Cap! :wink1: :lol

Congrats and I hope you have an issue free statue. :duff

Unboxed, assembled and now sitting opposite Red Skull on the counter of my daughter's bathroom (didn't have any place to set them up for display yet and she's in Scotland). Looks very good. No issues that I can see.

I chose the round shield because, well, that's what I like. Now I have to decide if I'm going to keep the newer version of Cap (Winter Soldier) with all those reward points.

Back