Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, you're not alone. The neck is awkward. Fortunately from most angles it isn't too noticeable, but it is definitely off.

n1ec91.jpg

the image on the right is much closer to a natural orientation of the neck/head given the body action. It's not just that the neck is elongated...

Great post and analysis, Mose, and wonderful job done on the photoshopped picture! I completely agree that from other angles, it looks great and I am still going to order it with the hope that minor issues, such as the neck, are addressed prior to the piece going into production.

Thank you to everyone who gave their thoughts and opinions on the neck sculpt. There is no doubt about it that this is a great-looking piece. The "reality" mixed in with the classic comic book hero is what puts this over the top for me. I love the gritty realism of this!

:)

Last edited:
Ha! It was a tough decision! :lol

I've been after the Red Skull EX for ages! Had the chance to get the regular but need the Tessereract!!! The search continues...

Ha! It was a tough decision! :lol

I've been after the Red Skull EX for ages! Had the chance to get the regular but need the Tessereract!!! The search continues...

That's something I'm trying to decide as well. I plan on ordering this Cap, and need a Red Skull to go with him. But which one?

I like the tailoring and pose on the original PF, but love the head of the new one.

I agree. The original was so classicly made/tailored. But I think the face and definition of this one is beyond great. When you look at the face it is emotional, like cap always is. Believes in what he is doing and proud of it, but struggles with the morality of murder/war. It's awesome.

Also, I think this is a more realistic depiction on Cap. Physically.

I agree. The original was so classicly made/tailored. But I think the face and definition of this one is beyond great. When you look at the face it is emotional, like cap always is. Believes in what he is doing and proud of it, but struggles with the morality of murder/war. It's awesome.

Well said! :goodpost: :)

There is no "neck" issue. This is typical over-reaction by hand wringing worriers looking to nit pick some non-existent flaw. It's time for the haters to abandon this thread. You don't deserve this Cap.

Fence sitters, time to get on board. Cap is a man of action and would not tolerate such spineless behavior.

Total agreement. :goodpost:

Fence sitters, time to get on board. Cap is a man of action and would not tolerate such spineless behavior.

lens2303480_1227502733wwii-posters.jpg

Happy Veterans Day people.

I have not. Send these children with their petty and insignificant commentary over there.

:lol

Here, I'll say something complimentary for a change...
This is a great photo and, imo, the best angle to display this one

null_zps88eedf94.jpg

And though I like the classic costume more, there are actually some things they've done here that I like MUCH better than the original PF.

It also wouldn't be a huge leap to make this hew even closer to a classic look- just repaint the helmet with a larger "A" and add some wings to the side.
Not saying it needs that, nor that I will even bother trying to do it myself ( though I've always liked the wings and think they are a fun, operatic flourish to the original design)- just sayin' it would be an easy mod if anyone wanted to push it even closer to classic look.

Not ready to declare it a masterpiece just yet. I reserve that kind of hyperbole for something that displays airtight anatomical form...and I still have my doubts here. Will need to see it in person to be able to say for certain.
But I'm looking forward to doing just that sometime next year.

Back