Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies. I do have a bad tendency to get pendantic when trying to explain a visual concept.

So if the statue as is looks just fine, then the photoshopped version on the right must look completely wrong to you?

Lol no man. I just don't take the details as seriously as you do. Maybe the angle the picture was taken at makes the neck look slightly awkward or maybe the neck is slightly longer then it should be. These aren't the questions that keep me up at night. There was a lot of thought and effort that went into writing your neck dissertation... LOL i guess my artistic eye is not as critical as yours. I think the cap looks phenomenal and I didn't study pictures to make my decision. I just bought it

The previous post was poorly written.

I should have just said- the trap muscles are clearly exaggerated in a heroic/fantasy way. That's fine- but at the same time, over development of this muscle group is where you start to achieve the 'bull neck' look. If anything, having those muscles exaggerated for effect should make this figures neck look even shorter and thicker- but it's actually the opposite here.
It almost looks like the traps stop and then the neck is added on independently.

It's possible it could just be a trick of the angle...but I've seen too many other SS pieces where some other anatomical aspect was blatantly off that I have my doubts.
At least it doesn't look as obvious as the Wolverine LSFs biceps, which for some unknown reason are allowed to hang down like testicles.

Not yet.
Was waiting for my CC billing cycle to roll over, but I might just drag it out and jump on the wait-list.

Overall I do like it. My preference would have been for a classic costume version, but it's a not too bad compromise in that regard.

Last edited:
I was hunting for the original PF for quite some time after bucky didn't satisfy my taste and there was no sign of a new non-movie cap on the horizon by SS. The opportunity came to pick up the 1/4 scale spidey comiquette which delayed my search. The preview of this cap at SDCC put my search on hold. Witnessing the tailoring, weathering, detail, pose, and accessories in this new one helped end my search for the original. All jokes aside, I understand why some prefer the original which is not only the comic accurate classic costume but also reminds me of a time when SS was producing statues of amazing, weight, size, edition size, price, and quality. The nostalgia tied with that piece is something some older members are attached to. The original is a great statue but this one allows many members to add a cap just as fantastic into their collection without emptying their bank. Mighty fine compromise.

Color me blind but I don't see anything wrong with Cap's neck. :huh

Agreed. This is all around one of the coolest poses I've seen for a statue in quite some time, and that includes anatomy, expression, and so on. The fact that it's Cap is just icing on the cake. :)

The original Cap PF was and still is awesome but I owned it three times (two EX's and one regular) and each time I was just so worried that something would discolor its pristine colored cloth, especially the white sections. Not so with the CA:TFA PF and this one. I like owning things and not having to worry about them suddenly not being perfect. Stress sucks. :lol

I've also got the Frodo PF and get to relax if dust or anything gets on him. He's in Moria so you'd never know the difference.

Agreed. This is all around one of the coolest poses I've seen for a statue in quite some time, and that includes anatomy, expression, and so on. The fact that it's Cap is just icing on the cake. :)

The original Cap PF was and still is awesome but I owned it three times (two EX's and one regular) and each time I was just so worried that something would discolor its pristine colored cloth, especially the white sections. Not so with the CA:TFA PF and this one. I like owning things and not having to worry about them suddenly not being perfect. Stress sucks. :lol

I've also got the Frodo PF and get to relax if dust or anything gets on him. He's in Moria so you'd never know the difference.

Khev, your awesome dude. I like how you think. SS has done some great things with cap.

Please don't blast me, I'm new to collecting. I understand the importance and collectibility of the original Cap PF, but quality of the sculpt/ detail wise... This new PF seems incredibly better.

I've never seen it in person, only high def pictures of both.

:hi5: :goodpost: :hi5:

Please don't blast me, I'm new to collecting. I understand the importance and collectibility of the original Cap PF, but quality of the sculpt/ detail wise... This new PF seems incredibly better.

I've never seen it in person, only high def pictures of both.

It is also a fair and reasonable opinion. The original PF is rather old now, and the capabilities of the sculptors, is reaching higher and higher levels.

Still, the original PF has reached an almost mythological status within the collecting community. In my opinion, this is a big part of collecting. It's really not a rational entity. It's about affection and feelings. :)

So I think that the original piece will always have something, an aspect, that no other Cap A piece will ever attain.

I'm not saying that just because I have the original PF... Well, not solely for that reason, at least. :)

:goodpost: Some excellent points and I am of the same mind with regard to my statue collection.

Color me blind but I don't see anything wrong with Cap's neck. :huh

I must be blind too Snoops because I don't see a darn thing wrong with Cap's neck either. :dunno

null_zps6a9025e0.jpg

null_zps88eedf94.jpg

This statue is pure awesomeness...no regrets on my PO :blissy any clue on who the sculptor is? :dunno

Thanks Dazza :hi5: Have you succumbed to this epic PF? The more I see pictures of Cap the more i'm determined that he'll go perfectly with the Hulk Maquette :rock

I'm still resisting. I want a definitive comic Cap and to me he needs the wings on his helmet. I'm starting to weaken though because the more I look at this statue the more I love it.

That's fair enough...Given the choice would you prefer the original Cap PF? :dunno

Yeah without a doubt. I'm all about the nostalgia so I naturally gravitate towards designs that I saw as a kid. The original Cap to me is the ideal representation. Yes his pose is kind of boring but he just has so much presence. We'll see how long I can hold out though...I need a Cap in my collection and I don't think a classic Cap in action pose will be coming anytime soon. How about you? You got WWII Cap preordered?

Yeah without a doubt. I'm all about the nostalgia so I naturally gravitate towards designs that I saw as a kid. The original Cap to me is the ideal representation. Yes his pose is kind of boring but he just has so much presence. We'll see how long I can hold out though...I need a Cap in my collection and I don't think a classic Cap in action pose will be coming anytime soon. How about you? You got WWII Cap preordered?

The dilemma I faced was do I order this one despite already having the original Cap PF...after much deliberation I decided to go for it and ordered the EX last week. Don't think you can go wrong if you order this one buddy :)

The dilemma I faced was do I order this one despite already having the original Cap PF...after much deliberation I decided to go for it and ordered the EX last week. Don't think you can go wrong if you order this one buddy :)

Oh poor you...such a tough decision :lol
What about the Red Skull do you have the first version as well? You gonna pick up the second version?

Back