Captain A Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a simple pose like this. It depends on the character I guess but this pose really works for Captain America.

I do think we will be getting more of the big name characters revisited in 1/4 though. The biggest Marvel names like Caps, Spidey, Thor, Wolverine etc have all been done now with exception of a few like Dare Devil & Magneto & we already know the Punisher is getting revisited :yess:

Either way I can't see SS ever topping this Captain America. It's such an amazing piece all you guys who own this treasure it. Good thing about comic statues to is that there timeless. When HT revisits a figure it makes the old figure look dated but I don't find that the case with these. So it won't devalue the originals if anything make them even more sought after & imagine the ES SS would have with a character like this now.

Such a awesome PF, one of Sideshows best. I still kick myself every once in awhile for selling my exclusive. Probably the one piece I miss most that I've sold. :(

Well, it's also a matter of license, I believe.

Well doesn't SSC still have the license for all of the Marvel characters so if they and Marvel/Disney decide to revisit them tey could do another 1/4 statue an action pose. Cap slinging his shield, Hulk smashing the ground, Spidey swinging. They would all be HUGE, but Batman is as tall and wide as the Hulk Maq, and I can see Marvel NOT wanting to have the little kid statues beside the DC adults ... So to speak.

I like a simple pose like this. It depends on the character I guess but this pose really works for Captain America.

I do think we will be getting more of the big name characters revisited in 1/4 though. The biggest Marvel names like Caps, Spidey, Thor, Wolverine etc have all been done now with exception of a few like Dare Devil & Magneto & we already know the Punisher is getting revisited :yess:

Either way I can't see SS ever topping this Captain America. It's such an amazing piece all you guys who own this treasure it. Good thing about comic statues to is that there timeless. When HT revisits a figure it makes the old figure look dated but I don't find that the case with these. So it won't devalue the originals if anything make them even more sought after & imagine the ES SS would have with a character like this now.

I know this sound awful, but some of the see sculpts look dated to me in terms of their level of detail, but that is ONLY because I am detailed oriented.

The good thing is for characters like Cap and Thor they have modern costumes or variations. You don't have to top the original Cap, Thor or Spidey, just make a statue good enough and different enough to be strong on it's own. Different costume and pose, the original is still unique, the new one is still cool, everyone will be pleased.

But I look at the new Red Skull PF and it's similar enough it makes it pointless for a newer collector to go after the old one. That is the main danger for the older versions. Even if there isn't a major price drop, I guarantee at least some slip in price once the newer Red Skull hits. It's not the same pose, but they're both museum pose holding a gun. Why spend so much on the old one if you can spend less on a new one if they look similar?

I didn't know SS are working on a Red Skull PF. That's great, hopefully they'll make a Captain America to go with him :pray:
It wouldn't make sense not to really.

The good thing is for characters like Cap and Thor they have modern costumes or variations. You don't have to top the original Cap, Thor or Spidey, just make a statue good enough and different enough to be strong on it's own. Different costume and pose, the original is still unique, the new one is still cool, everyone will be pleased.

But I look at the new Red Skull PF and it's similar enough it makes it pointless for a newer collector to go after the old one. That is the main danger for the older versions. Even if there isn't a major price drop, I guarantee at least some slip in price once the newer Red Skull hits. It's not the same pose, but they're both museum pose holding a gun. Why spend so much on the old one if you can spend less on a new one if they look similar?

This is totally true, but most of their newer costumes have been some how incorporated parts of he movie costumes. Caps new costume in the comics has a lot of the TFA costume in it. Spiderman on the other hand has to be a classic... That is just the way t is.:yess:

Why spend so much on the old one if you can spend less on a new one if they look similar?

Not to piss on everyone's koolaid. :monkey3

Quality control. :lecture

cm-45822-850fdd433d264b.gif

Not to piss on everyone's koolaid. :monkey3

Quality control. :lecture

cm-45822-850fdd433d264b.gif

A lot of the new statues look awesome and often have more detail, though they may not be as solid.

I will say that if a new COMIC Modern Thor, Cap, and Spidey come out and they look awesome I will NEVER go back to try and pick up the older versions. Now that is MY loss in terms of having the old school "grails", but seeing as I am a detail lover (Prefer the Hulk Maq over the PF ANYDAY) that is FINE by me.

If you like detail Spidey, get this, you'll never get a newer statue with the detail on the throne of the DR. Doom PF....it's incredible and even though it is pricey, you'll be amazed at all the little details on it(there's even a hidden gun and holster on Doom's belt that you can't even see)

SID7132lg.jpg

If I can find a Captain America for £500 ($750) this payday I'll definitely get it but that's a huge if I can find one for that price.

If you like detail Spidey, get this, you'll never get a newer statue with the detail on the throne of the DR. Doom PF....it's incredible and even though it is pricey, you'll be amazed at all the little details on it(there's even a hidden gun and holster on Doom's belt that you can't even see)

SID7132lg.jpg

I have always Heard that the details on the DOOM PF are INCREDIBLE!!! Have you seen the new videos of the HulK Maq? The base is fantastic, teeth are amazing, and you can EVEN see his TONGUE behind his teeth:thud:.

I love looking at the little details on my Captain America TFA PF:lecture

I'm not talking about detail since Sideshow still delivers regarding details but when has a statue come out without any issues that isn't based on a movie.

I'm not talking about detail since Sideshow still delivers regarding details but when has a statue come out without any issues that isn't based on a movie.

Well I totally admit that I would be frustrated by all the QC issues if I had been around longer. However, SSCs customer service is awesome which does help.

Back