Cap PF EX 'Marvel Sample'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHTCRAWLER

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been waiting on getting this Cap PF EX "Marvel Sample" for a while.

Got my package :chew

can't wait to set it up!

Labeled "MARVEL/"

Noooooooooooo Broken Wing :monkey2

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo Another Broken Wink :monkey2:sick

I've PMd the boardmember I bought this from, but just curious as to the Fed EX insurance policy? Do I have to file a claim or does the shipper? Box looked a bit "handled" but nothing out of the ordinary. Would they consider that the shipper's problem? Maybe call that improper packaging?

shipper file the claim. you ask for a compromise from the shipper...thats how it works here.

ah man that sucks. most likely it's due to improper packaging from ssc, since this is a common problem, just like the spidey hand on the hulk vs dio.

BUT what ever you do don't admit that to fed-ex or they won't cover your claim. as long as it's in factory packaging, which in their mind will be adequate, they should cover your claim for repair and what ever you do don't let them take the statue back (unless you never want to see it again)

man im feeling you.Im getting mine in the end of july and i am worried too now

Yeah, in order to win a claim with the carrier there must be evident proof that the damage was caused by mishandling.... I'm not sure how they'd determine that here :(

Good luck with that tho..... One of my wings on my Cap ex had to get repaired too..

Yeah, in order to win a claim with the carrier there must be evident proof that the damage was caused by mishandling.... I'm not sure how they'd determine that here :(

Good luck with that tho..... One of my wings on my Cap ex had to get repaired too..

good point there, i know with a couple of my claims that had been damaged from shipping i took the empty boxes and put everything back together (without the statue) and dropped it a couple of times on one corner to show some extra wear and tear. that way it's more obvious for handling damage.:naughty

I was under the impression that IF you get reimbursed through shipping insurance that they would take the statue away from you as well?

I was under the impression that IF you get reimbursed through shipping insurance that they would take the statue away from you as well?

That sounds about right. I would think the only way you could keep the statue is if they gave a partial refund, which I'm not even sure they do.

That sounds about right. I would think the only way you could keep the statue is if they gave a partial refund, which I'm not even sure they do.

most of my dealing have been with UPS, which apparently don't even carry the coverage themselves, but farm it out to a secondary company.
what i have been told in the past they will do any number of things.

one opition is to replace or issue a total refund for the piece, which i'm sure you wouldn't want since this is a marvel sample.
another was to get it fixed, if it could be. which from the looks of your piece it should be easily repaired.
i would insist on wanting to get yours repaired/fixed, and if they still have to pick it up for investigation.......... well that's up to you:confused:
i know with my claims they also took the cost of insurance off the end payout, so if the repair is cheap you maybe further ahead just to get it fixed and forget about it.
if you do send it back for investigation, just make sure the boxes have some good wear and tear on them.

EDIT: i forgot one thing that may make this easier for both you and the shipper. if fedex is the same as ups the claim is handled by the shipper, but if the shipper gives fedex the authorization, then they can deal directly with you and not have to bother going through the shipper all the time.

Something as rare as a Marvel sample, I'd go for getting it repaired rather than trying to deal with insurance. But that's just me.

I had an issue with UPS regarding a Terminator PF Endo that arrived at the destination damaged. They covered it fully but they had to keep the statue.

Hmmm. Not sure. I got an insurance check from UPS last year when I returned a Thor PF ex to the seller. The seller "proclaimed" that he never received it when the tracking info said it had been delivered...... :mad:

Either way, I got my money back :)

Sad to say, this was with a fellow freak here on the boards...... https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45757

I had an issue with UPS regarding a Terminator PF Endo that arrived at the destination damaged. They covered it fully but they had to keep the statue.

yep i recall the same issue as well. ive only gone through it once with either ups or fedex (its been awhile ago, dont remember which). but i remember they sent an agent to pick up the statue to take it back for inspection so they could determine the outcome of the insurance claim. regardless, i never saw the statue again, but did get the full insurance coverage on it. wasnt too bad for me since in my case the statue was readily available online still.

also had to file one claim with USPS. same thing....it was for a Master Replicas 1:1 lightsaber and the acrylic display case was broken. they wanted to keep the whole package, but i put up enough of a fight since the saber itself was in great condition, and USPS just took the broken case. I got my insurance refund a month later and just used it to buy a custom case off of the bay.

yep i recall the same issue as well. ive only gone through it once with either ups or fedex (its been awhile ago, dont remember which). but i remember they sent an agent to pick up the statue to take it back for inspection so they could determine the outcome of the insurance claim. regardless, i never saw the statue again, but did get the full insurance coverage on it. wasnt too bad for me since in my case the statue was readily available online still.

also had to file one claim with USPS. same thing....it was for a Master Replicas 1:1 lightsaber and the acrylic display case was broken. they wanted to keep the whole package, but i put up enough of a fight since the saber itself was in great condition, and USPS just took the broken case. I got my insurance refund a month later and just used it to buy a custom case off of the bay.

yep that's what happened to me, and i told them that i wanted it back and would pay something for it (within reason) and still never saw it again.
i believe they said it had been disposed of, some ahole somewhere (who works for them) now has my statue i'm sure.

Noooooooooooo Broken Wing :monkey2

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo Another Broken Wink :monkey2:sick

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/aWyeVfuolT4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/aWyeVfuolT4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thanks for all the replies guys. The seller is going to check witih Fed Ex on Monday to see what needs to be done to best rectify this. Hopefully the resolution will be just some money to get the wings fixed. I'll keep you all posted.

Back