Cantina Build

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phastroh

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I'm wrapping up my Darth Vader PF Shelf which is one of the bottom links.

I already had this planned in my head so tonight I took the first step towards completing it. I considered the sideshow one but in my opinion it doesn't look like the one in the movie. Maybe partly but either way I think this will come out better for my needs and as with Vaders shelf it's being built to fit.

Here's some photos showing my start. I'm considering cutting a full 2nd piece so it's thicker but I don't really want the set pushed back much further as it sits about 6' in the air. I considered only thickening to where it curves but I haven't decided. I'm most likely gonna double the front piece.

Once they are done I'll liquid nail them, get some filler to hide only the seem on the inside. Once done I'll look into putting the correct finish on it.

The back wall of course will be done and I'll use plexi for the window. I have white flexible material for the ceiling. I have LEDs if I decide to put in those red and green or whatever color they are in the background.

So basically I have a way to include most if not all details but it's possible I could leave stuff out on purpose.

Once I get the back wall cut and second curved piece I'll measure the depth and build it outside the shelf. Like my Vader shelf it will slide in but unlike it it won't have as many light strips getting in the way.

I'm hoping to have all the pieces cut by tomorrow and one thing I just thought of is nail gunning it all together and then gluing the front piece on hiding the nails lol I probably would have done that anyway but good thing it popped into my head now.

Thanks for reading and if you follow this build too.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

this is very nice !! looking forward to more WIP pictures

Back