Cannibalizing the box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, slipping a magnet under the figures jacket and putting another magnet on the metal part of the stand will hold the figure upright. Although because the metal part is so thin posing can be awkward. In fact with the figure like this you can remove the metal part and hold the figure up in the air with it.

Also...I figured out that if you put a magnet on each foot and two magnets on the underside of the stand it will hold the figure in place. In fact it will even keep the figure attached to the stand when you hold it upside down. If you roatate the stand or hold it horizontally the connection will be lost, but still I think its a nice little thing to know. Also should you take out the magnets beware that somehow that can snap in half by themselves. Don't ask, I don't know how it happened, two I found split down the middle. Unfortunately this lessen the power of the magnet rendering them useless for using with the figure.

Now if I could just bring myself to glue the magnet to Anakin's boots...

Keep in mind that, unless the figure has ankle articulation, there's not much point in attaching magnets, as they would only really be effective if the feet are flat on the base. Look at your figure in your favorite poses. See if the feet touch the base at an angle. If so, the magnets won't do much good, as they need a flat connection to be the most effective.

Back