Canadian SS Collectors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insomniac

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering how many Canadian Sideshow collectors there are on this board. I live on the beautiful Canadian west coast. Where do you get your SS statues from? Comics stores in my area rarely carry SS statues.

Last edited:
How, just wondering how many Canadian Sideshow collectors there are on this board. I live on the beautiful Canadian west coast. Where do you get your SS statues from? Comics stores in my area rarely carry SS statues.

I order directly from SS because there are 0 retailers in my area. There is one
online that occasionally cares SS stuff but never Exclusives. I hate having to pay the duties etc.

There's are a number of authorized dealers on SSC's website

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=dis&source=leftnav&kw=DISTRIBUTOR_LIST

- I called CHW Distribution once, but they charge full price + tax -- so unfortunately, ebay is usually cheaper. (Shipping to Vancouver from Alberta may not be as much as across the border - but its still shipping).They do carry everything though, and will order in items for you if you request it.

I personally order direct because I love the exclusives. :D

There's are a number of authorized dealers on SSC's website

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=dis&source=leftnav&kw=DISTRIBUTOR_LIST

- I called CHW Distribution once, but they charge full price + tax -- so unfortunately, ebay is usually cheaper. (Shipping to Vancouver from Alberta may not be as much as across the border - but its still shipping).They do carry everything though, and will order in items for you if you request it.

I personally order direct because I love the exclusives. :D

Thanks for the info. It too bad that only one of those Canadian distributors has a webpage. Its also good to see another collector in the Vancouver area.

I order directly from SS because there are 0 retailers in my area. There is one
online that occasionally cares SS stuff but never Exclusives. I hate having to pay the duties etc.

Are the duty charges just the PST and GST? I usually only buy from Canadian sellers on eBay.

Are the duty charges just the PST and GST? I usually only buy from Canadian sellers on eBay.

In theory we also should be getting charged 5% for any 'toy/statue' made originially in China, such as SSCs loot. Most of the time you can avoid this when buying from Ebay or getting items shipped with USPS. SSC items direct from Sideshow that come via fedex are definately hit with the extra 5%. On top of this, unless you've specifically contacted SSC to have them write a note on all your packages asking duty and tax to be changed to your personal FedEx account, you'll also get changed a 7 dollar FedEx brokerage fee.

Altogether that means 20% tax + an extra $7 + shipping. A lot of the time, this costs me more than the figure itself. :monkey1

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Last edited:
On1/6 items it usually is gst pst and fed fee totally about 16.00 Canadian
but the shipping with brokerage included from SS is usually about 30.00US.
If I buy a Pf it is 45 to 85 Canadian after shipping and brokerage.
So I don't buy very many PF's because of that.
One day I hope SS has a Canadian warehouse.

Hey guys another Canadian Sideshow/Hot Toys collector here. I'm from Alberta and buy almost everything from www.toys2.net, this place is AWESOME to order from.

The packaging/Delivery is honestly phenominal and his prices are competitive to Ebay anyway. Now I believe I heard somewhere that he is the National distributor of Hot Toys to Canada but does carry some SS stuff too.

They are located in Ontario, nothing i've ordered took longer than 5 days to arrive at $12 for upto 2 figures. He does charge GST too.

On1/6 items it usually is gst pst and fed fee totally about 16.00 Canadian
but the shipping with brokerage included from SS is usually about 30.00US.
If I buy a Pf it is 45 to 85 Canadian after shipping and brokerage.
So I don't buy very many PF's because of that.
One day I hope SS has a Canadian warehouse.

Is it true that Sideshow ships to Canada using UPS? UPS has ridiculous brokerage fees.

Is it true that Sideshow ships to Canada using UPS? UPS has ridiculous brokerage fees.

I found the answer to my question on Sideshows website. Now I can breath a sigh of relief. :banana

Sideshow chooses to ship all Canadian packages via FedEx International Economy Air. Economy Air Service will provide quicker delivery than the previous ground service - in most cases allowing our customers to receive their packages 3 or 4 days sooner. Canadian customers will also be able to track their packages via the FedEx web site. Customers can call FedEx directly to inquire about the additional Canadian duties and taxes, such as the GST, PST and / or HST, that are to be collected at the time of the package delivery.

I found the answer to my question on Sideshows website. Now I can breath a sigh of relief. :banana

Sideshow chooses to ship all Canadian packages via FedEx International Economy Air. Economy Air Service will provide quicker delivery than the previous ground service - in most cases allowing our customers to receive their packages 3 or 4 days sooner. Canadian customers will also be able to track their packages via the FedEx web site. Customers can call FedEx directly to inquire about the additional Canadian duties and taxes, such as the GST, PST and / or HST, that are to be collected at the time of the package delivery.

Ya but isn't it like $30 shipping from the Sideshow site to Canada?

Ya but isn't it like $30 shipping from the Sideshow site to Canada?

They have this chart in the Canadian shipping section. The shipping fees are fair for 3 day delivery time. I just hate UPS brokerage fees. What UPS charges is criminal.

Canada_ship.jpg

Back