Can you remember the first Hot Toys that you got ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my first was Jill Valentine Battlesuit version - i think i fell in love with her! - thought that would be the only one i would own. I bought 25 after that some older ones and some newer- sucks...

mine was when hot toys was called true type and were breaking the law-----with george lucas------------

This was my first,

010-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

094.jpg

098.jpg

Same here. Way back when it was called POPSALUTE too! :)

predator 2 battle damage and wolf predator both used.... i was collecting gundam model kits then diverted to hot toys......

Rocky Balboa from Rocky III
The yellow trunks version (my favorite by the way)
The year was 2008 if I remember correctly.

My 1st hot toy was the dark knight batman... Paid 250 for him and his leg was broken.. Scared me for life. :(

NEWBS the lot of ya!

This was fresh out of production when it showed up in Buena Park's Gotta Have It back in who knows when (2000 or 2001?):

htcbprotectivegear1.jpg

It was a piece of S*** then and it is a piece of S*** now. Think Hasbro quality for $40 with no body, or head.

Later I picked this up a few years after it came out, my first complete Hot Toys figure: UDT HALO SEAL (I got the second Halo Jumper from this series (Green Berets) a year after that):
v0245c00078705.jpg

004lsu.jpg

Weapons and boots are oversized, head sculpt and paint kinda sucks, and they had the notorious 1st gen "Monkey Arms" Hot Toys body. Best thing about it was the only HALO for the time and that it had all metal fasteners. Though it was $100 back when a figure with the same amount of gear (in all plastic) and the same complexity level from Dragon or BBI was $35-$45. So yes, Hot Toys figures have always been way over priced (it's not a new phenomenon kids).

My second Hot Toys figure and also their first "movie figure" was the Famous Type "Neo":
v0245c00078707.jpg

:lol Newbs, I was thinking the same thing :lol

That Neo was a an early HT purchase for me, but I did get it quite a bit after it came out.

Mine first HT was part of the Famous Type series: "The Director"

georgec.jpg

Dwayne Hicks FTW!

Newb :lol

Back