Can Marvel Select figures stand up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokentoys86

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Every select figure I've gotten won't stay up on its own. It isn't that they can't stand up at all, the problem is they won't stay up. The strange thing is sometimes the figure can remain standing for days, at other times less than a minute before falling. How I stand the figure up doesn't seem to affect how long it stays standing. The first select figure I got was the Venom; the one with the backpack like thing with multiple heads on it. I know there are people who can't stand it up with the backpack on but mines couldn't stand up even without it. I got a replacement but it had the same problems but even worse. Then I got the Anti-Venom figure which can only stay up because of the base it came with. Now I got their new Carnage figure which falls over on it's own too. I'm curious as to whether I just have bad luck or is this just the way Marvel Select figures are.

These are the figures I am referring to in this post just in case there is confusion as to which ones I'm talking about. Some people get Marvel Legends mixed up with Marvel Select.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC11825&mode=retail

Marvel Select Anti-Venom Figure - Marvel Action Figures & Toys Marvel Select

Marvel Select Carnage - Marvel Action Figures & Toys Marvel Select

I love Diamond's dedication to Marvel, but their stuff is hit and miss. My Colossus, Hulk and Juggernaut all stand fine. Black Widow won't stand at all, and my Green Goblin tips over his glider base constantly.

I pretty much only get minimates from them now, those never disappoint.

I've only owned a few of them. The Thing figure stood fine on its own, but the Here Comes Tomorrow Phoenix and Ultimate Thor needed their bases. I guess it's only the heftier figures that stand up fine.

Back