Cagoda's Customs Cantina

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've been relatively quiet the past year but figured I'd share some of what I've been working on! I still have some more progress to go on my Tessek project, and I admittedly have been super slow in being productive. But hopefully soon I'll be able to fulfill the Tessek for those interested.

Two other projects I've started are Wooof from Jabba's Palace, and the Nikto Lathe. I am planning to make a limited run for those interested also. I made some progress over the weekend on Wooof- made his leather vest, 3D designed, printed and painted his gauntlet and chest plate, and working on his shirt. (TaliBane I could use your pics!) I included a pic of random custom non-canon underworld character because I don't want to waste prototype/extra materials lol.
Ephant Mon is still an ongoing, but slow, project which I hope to complete sometime soon. My roadblock with him, since he's such a big boy, is the articulation and how to incorporate that on a big body.

I've also had commissions and a few personal projects, mainly painting. I repainted Hasbro's Battle Droid and Super Battle Droid, a Droideka from Kamino 3D Facility, SSC's Bib Fortuna, and made a custom Mimban Stormtrooper using SSC's stormie as a base, to name a few. Hope everyone is well!

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg7.jpeg8.jpeg9.jpeg10.jpeg11.jpeg12.jpeg

Looking good!!

I was thinking that I may need to pick up another Nikto sculpt so I can finish my Lathe figure.

Looking forward to seeing future updates.

Thanks guys! I did some more progress on Lathe. Made the shirt, vest with eyelets, belt, and pouch. Pants and chest gear are stand ins, just get a rough idea of what he will look like. I'm still trying to figure out best route for his headgear and chest piece. The lighting is making his grey shoulder pads look a little more warm than they actually are, but it's all a work in progress.
13.jpeg14.jpeg

Wow great work! I particularly like that Droideka, that was always one of my favorite designs from the PT.

Thank you! It was super fun to paint, I was going for a battle damaged look to make it look more organically Star Wars than just a clean version. I had a blast adding all the dings, scratches, and blast marks. The droideka has always been one of my faves too.

awesome work buddy. might have to get one of those droideka and send it your way to paint it up for me. does it roll up into a ball shape. and how`s squid had coming along

So I've been relatively quiet the past year but figured I'd share some of what I've been working on! I still have some more progress to go on my Tessek project, and I admittedly have been super slow in being productive. But hopefully soon I'll be able to fulfill the Tessek for those interested.

Two other projects I've started are Wooof from Jabba's Palace, and the Nikto Lathe. I am planning to make a limited run for those interested also. I made some progress over the weekend on Wooof- made his leather vest, 3D designed, printed and painted his gauntlet and chest plate, and working on his shirt. (TaliBane I could use your pics!) I included a pic of random custom non-canon underworld character because I don't want to waste prototype/extra materials lol.
Ephant Mon is still an ongoing, but slow, project which I hope to complete sometime soon. My roadblock with him, since he's such a big boy, is the articulation and how to incorporate that on a big body.

Wow, love all the updates - you have a lot of irons in the fire!

With Ephant I think less is more when it comes to articulation. Don't get caught up in complex articulation that's cool as hell but people really won't use.

He really only needs spin shoulders (maybe just strong magnets rather than pin/socket) and an open-able mouth. Maybe a ball jointed neck (or just a simpler spin joint so his head can be rotated slightly like a clock face) might be nice to tweak poses, but not essential.

It was like with Amanaman - he really only needed minimal articulation. These bigger guys really aren't moved much after the first pose - their size is their presence.

Nice work on your Nikto Lathe jacket. Those eyelets look great.

Where did you find them? What size? I need to add them to mine at some point.

Are you doing a Wooof sculpt or outfit? Helmet or no helmet on sculpt? Id possibly be interested. I do need another Nikto sculpt if you have any available.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, love all the updates - you have a lot of irons in the fire!

With Ephant I think less is more when it comes to articulation. Don't get caught up in complex articulation that's cool as hell but people really won't use.

He really only needs spin shoulders (maybe just strong magnets rather than pin/socket) and an open-able mouth. Maybe a ball jointed neck (or just a simpler spin joint so his head can be rotated slightly like a clock face) might be nice to tweak poses, but not essential.

It was like with Amanaman - he really only needed minimal articulation. These bigger guys really aren't moved much after the first pose - their size is their presence.

Nice work on your Nikto Lathe jacket. Those eyelets look great.

Where did you find them? What size? I need to add them to mine at some point.

Are you doing a Wooof sculpt or outfit? Helmet or no helmet on sculpt? Id possibly be interested. I do need another Nikto sculpt if you have any available.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone!

TaliBane, I agree with you about E Mon's articulation- I'm definitely not trying to do full articulation. Probably just shoulders, head, and wrist at a minimum. Possibly elbows or legs if I'm feeling froggy. Do you have more reference pics for Wooof, Lathe, Barada, and Kithaba? Gotta turn to the ol' trusty TaliBane library lol.

Chaka, thank you! The eyelets are 1mm and I got off them off Etsy (if you need me to find the specific store I can go back and look), I just searched for 1mm eyelets.
I'm planning on doing a Wooof sculpt and outfit, complete with a possibly removable helmet (maybe using a magnet). I do have more Nikto's available but I was in the middle of slightly upgrading my existing sculpt and then casting that, if you'd be interested? Also the fur you used for your Wooof, do you know where and what kind you got?

Some slight upgrades to my Lathe and Wooof. For Wooof, I just wanted to get the sizing for his leather belt while getting the cut-out shape of the fur. The fur material isn't correct but it's a pretty good stand in until I can source some. For Lathe I did some work on the prototype for his cap/helmet. Still missing the horns and the fur on his headgear but it's off to a good start!

0-4.jpeg0-5.jpeg0-6.jpeg0-7.jpeg

Chaka, thank you! The eyelets are 1mm and I got off them off Etsy (if you need me to find the specific store I can go back and look), I just searched for 1mm eyelets.
I'm planning on doing a Wooof sculpt and outfit, complete with a possibly removable helmet (maybe using a magnet). I do have more Nikto's available but I was in the middle of slightly upgrading my existing sculpt and then casting that, if you'd be interested? Also the fur you used for your Wooof, do you know where and what kind you got?

Thanks for info on eyelets, I will track some down.

Yes, I would absolutely be interested in your Nikto sculpt after you tweak it. Looking forward to seeing it.

I also.would be interested in an unhelmeted Klaatu sculpt as well if offered.

I am not sure exactly what the fur is called. Its from Hobby Lobby, but that was years ago. I will try to find out for you.

Back