C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)

IMG_9196.jpg

That is one awesome display. I have my Fett displayed with the C-3PO bust as well along with the Vader bust. I have a few prints at the framers that will be part of my bust display. I can't wait to see how they look with the bust. I love how your Empire Strikes Back movie poster looks with the display.

That is one awesome display. I have my Fett displayed with the C-3PO bust as well along with the Vader bust. I have a few prints at the framers that will be part of my bust display. I can't wait to see how they look with the bust. I love how your Empire Strikes Back movie poster looks with the display.

Thanks, buddy! If only I too had room for the Vader. :)

I have one of the original type Sideshow C3PO's and happened to see the new limited Edition version in the flesh the other day.

They are both definitely a different type of gold. The older is a more metallic reflective type gold & the LE is a more smokey orangey/brown gold.

Sorry for my crappy description because one is not better than the other, I was just amazed at the difference of the two because I thought they would just be exactly the same.

Either way they are an awesome addition to any Star wars collection...congrats mate :)

A shop i sometines visit has one in stock again, but they are listing it as a "battle damage" version. I hope it's not shipping damage and that they are now trying to get the full price for it...

But I'll check it out in the next few days when I'm there to pick up something else.

I saw the brown shipping box today and it actually says "special edition" on it.
did they already print the boxes before the "special edition" was cancelled?

I didn't ask to check out the bust itself since I decided to get something else today.

I saw the brown shipping box today and it actually says "special edition" on it.
did they already print the boxes before the "special edition" was cancelled?

I didn't ask to check out the bust itself since I decided to get something else today.

Yes, and it says Special Edition on my bust's base.

Yes, and it says Special Edition on my bust's base.

hmmmm ok
so it actually is a bit different than the first release. Just not the "special edition" shiny version that they advertised with?

(yes, i'm still pondering if I should buy it or not... but considering the other stuff I bought today, my bankaccount wants to get the final vote on this. He's so mean.)

hmmmm ok
so it actually is a bit different than the first release. Just not the "special edition" shiny version that they advertised with?

(yes, i'm still pondering if I should buy it or not... but considering the other stuff I bought today, my bankaccount wants to get the final vote on this. He's so mean.)

Exactly. It's still weathered, but in a different way.

My guess is that it's not really an intentional difference in the weathering so much as a side effect of them using a different factory or process or something. But everything about this piece is confusing so it's difficult to know what the real story is.

My guess is that it's not really an intentional difference in the weathering so much as a side effect of them using a different factory or process or something. But everything about this piece is confusing so it's difficult to know what the real story is.

I suspect this as well!

Yeah I agree. Possibly the clean version didn't come out as suspected and then weathered for sale.....but they still all look great.

Mine arrived last night. I was admittedly nervous, holding my breath as I unboxed it, half expecting scratches or QC problems. I am overjoyed with this piece!!! I could not be happier! In fact, I can't remember the last SW collectible that brought me this much joy. Love it! I'll post some pics soon.

Interestingly, I did not get a "Special Edition". Mine is the regular version, which actually, I was hoping for! (I prefer my Threepio slightly clean-ish, and not heavily weathered.). But I did check the packaging and bottom of the base, and it is the regular edition.

Odd that no paperwork was included. Not that assembly was difficult, but i couldn't find how to switch on the lights for the longest time.

My collection needed this badly. To me, Threepio IS Star Wars. A+!

Mine arrived last night. I was admittedly nervous, holding my breath as I unboxed it, half expecting scratches or QC problems. I am overjoyed with this piece!!! I could not be happier! In fact, I can't remember the last SW collectible that brought me this much joy. Love it! I'll post some pics soon.

Interestingly, I did not get a "Special Edition". Mine is the regular version, which actually, I was hoping for! (I prefer my Threepio slightly clean-ish, and not heavily weathered.). But I did check the packaging and bottom of the base, and it is the regular edition.

Odd that no paperwork was included. Not that assembly was difficult, but i couldn't find how to switch on the lights for the longest time.

My collection needed this badly. To me, Threepio IS Star Wars. A+!

Big congratulations! I'm happy to see how joyful you feel. Cool that you got an original. Strange, how it's a little random.. :)

Thanks, Chris! It is strange how they did the "Special Edition" business. I think they're just sending out whatever's left in inventory, and lumping it all together as one product offering.

Back