C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey DarthChrisDK, very good Video from this bust - It Looks great :clap
Can you tell me how dark is the weathering on your Bust?
It Looks very shiny in the Video, but what i can see in real it is more dark than the colour in the Video.
Could it be from the strong Daylight in this room?

Hey DarthChrisDK, very good Video from this bust - It Looks great :clap
Can you tell me how dark is the weathering on your Bust?
It Looks very shiny in the Video, but what i can see in real it is more dark than the colour in the Video.
Could it be from the strong Daylight in this room?

Thanks! Yes, the images are misleading. I will make a gallery soon, and I aim to get more precise images.

The weathering and look is more damp and dark. He's actually more rusty, somehow. Pictures to come!

Some pictures.

IMG_9038.jpg

IMG_9039.jpg

IMG_9043.jpg

IMG_9044.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

IMG_9048.jpg

looks gorgeous, but i'm sortof glad my local store recently sold both they had, since I don't have the space for another lifesize bust.

I bought the soul of chogokin 1:6 scale 3PO, and I said that it would be the only C3PO I'd ever need... Now seeing these photos/video I may get one of these.

My C-3PO Bust have arrived me and i can say it Looks really great.
So, what i can tell you about the two Versions is that the so called "Special Edition" have a very heavy weathering - The numbered Edition is a lot more shiny...
But i think both of them Looks really awesome.
In my opinion this is the best Life-Size Bust in the Star Wars Line.
I mean behidn Vader... ;-)
Thank you DarthChrisDk for the great unboxing Video and photos...
And good Luck Hedji with your Bust...

My C-3PO Bust have arrived me and i can say it Looks really great.
So, what i can tell you about the two Versions is that the so called "Special Edition" have a very heavy weathering - The numbered Edition is a lot more shiny...
But i think both of them Looks really awesome.
In my opinion this is the best Life-Size Bust in the Star Wars Line.
I mean behidn Vader... ;-)
Thank you DarthChrisDk for the great unboxing Video and photos...
And good Luck Hedji with your Bust...

Thanks, you're welcome. :) I'm glad that you like it.

It's a fantastic piece, and that is also very much because it is so iconic of the Star Wars saga. That's why I love it. There's something special about a life-size piece like this, also very much due to it being a droid.
Then it feels much more like a prop. Something taken straight out of the movie.

I agree regarding the weathering. It appears to be very heavy, indeed. Compared to the numbered one that I have seen once.

I like it like this.

Happy to hear that you are all happy with this great piece.

Confused - Hey DarthChris, your box says item number 400106. Is that also the item number on your order?
I have one on flex, item # 400054, and now I'm not sure if I have the numbered or the special edition...

PS - I ordered it a month ago, just before they sold out.

Thanks, you're welcome. :) I'm glad that you like it.

It's a fantastic piece, and that is also very much because it is so iconic of the Star Wars saga. That's why I love it. There's something special about a life-size piece like this, also very much due to it being a droid.
Then it feels much more like a prop. Something taken straight out of the movie.

I agree regarding the weathering. It appears to be very heavy, indeed. Compared to the numbered one that I have seen once.

I like it like this.

Happy to hear that you are all happy with this great piece.

So you think the weathering is well done, Chris? I hope it looks good on mine, because sometimes I lean toward the more pristine/shiny look for Threepio.

I have the so called limited edition as well and I didn't think there was a difference except for the base but I agree the weathering on this bust is outstanding. The light up eyes looks real cool as well. This bust is my second favorite to Fett. Congrats to everyone who just or is going to receive one.

And now we wait for your review of this fantastic piece, DarthChrisDK ;-)

Yes, it will be coming soon, I hope. :) Need to revise my reviewing schedule. Should push this forward a bit, I guess.

Confused - Hey DarthChris, your box says item number 400106. Is that also the item number on your order?
I have one on flex, item # 400054, and now I'm not sure if I have the numbered or the special edition...

PS - I ordered it a month ago, just before they sold out.

Yes, 400106 seems to be the new Special Edition. 400054 is the numbered one. At least, that is what it would appear like when looking up these items.

I don't know what you should expect. I know that some have gotten the numbered one recently. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if Sideshow have mixed them up now. This has been a rather confusing run when it comes to this piece.

So you think the weathering is well done, Chris? I hope it looks good on mine, because sometimes I lean toward the more pristine/shiny look for Threepio.

Yes, I think it's wonderful. It looks different depending on the time of day and the available light. Still, it looks extremely authentic. It's difficult to communicate it precisely on images or film, but trust me, it looks great. It has a much more metallic and realistic look, I think. Mine almost looks brown, with hues of green, in certain light and from certain angles. I'm very happy with it.

I have the so called limited edition as well and I didn't think there was a difference except for the base but I agree the weathering on this bust is outstanding. The light up eyes looks real cool as well. This bust is my second favorite to Fett. Congrats to everyone who just or is going to receive one.

It's hard to tell if there is in fact a difference. I don't have the original one, so I can't compare them side by side.

I got Fett too, and it's just bloody brilliant. I might not have the Vader bust, but these two really represent Star Wars greatly, anyways. :)

Back