C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really :)
Just got this today, 721/750[/IMG]

Was yours on Flex-Pay as well? Have you taken off the plastic yet? :D

The bigger the piece, the easier it is to see flaws.

Congrats! Looking forward to your pics.

I wouldn't necessarily say that's true, except when it comes to sculpting issues like the too-big rims around C-3PO's eyes. Things like flaws in the paint or defects are probably easier to gloss over in a life size piece. A small paint problem or scratch that might appear huge on a 1/6 scale piece would totally disappear on a life sized piece.

Just got my C3PO bust today, everything seemed perfect till i looked at other busts that you guys have. Seems like one of the things on top of his chest is pretty much straight up when it should be angled. Its pretty hard not to notice it now on mine as it should be in front of the raised part of his neck but its not so im noticing it everytime i look at it.

Would you guys keep it or try to return it? I know its not technically damage, but its definately been glued on wrong and i cant do anything about it without breaking it.

Hard to see it on the second picture because of the angle but you can see it clearly on the first one

It's probably easy for me to say, but I would try to return it. I don't know if it would be possible to get a replacement? I would look into it. At least, get a refund.

On the full sized figure, those were rotatable, but I guess not on the bust. If it bothers you a lot, by all means return or exchange it, but it doesn't seem like a huge issue just looking at the photos.

Just got my C3PO bust today, everything seemed perfect till i looked at other busts that you guys have. Seems like one of the things on top of his chest is pretty much straight up when it should be angled. Its pretty hard not to notice it now on mine as it should be in front of the raised part of his neck but its not so im noticing it everytime i look at it.

Would you guys keep it or try to return it? I know its not technically damage, but its definately been glued on wrong and i cant do anything about it without breaking it.

Hard to see it on the second picture because of the angle but you can see it clearly on the first one

I hope that helps mate

cheers for the picture northernmunkey. Can clearly see how they both should be angled like yours but obviously only one is.

Looking at it now its not that big of a deal, and with them being sold out eveywhere im just going to keep it

I just opened my weathered C-3PO. I can't get the light up feature to work. I tried the adapter, batteries and then both at the same time. Nothing, just click-click. Is there a common issue with a fix?

I just opened my weathered C-3PO. I can't get the light up feature to work. I tried the adapter, batteries and then both at the same time. Nothing, just click-click. Is there a common issue with a fix?

The adapters had issues, I had to get a replacement one (as did a friend). Have you tried swapping the batteries? Or, kinda fiddle with 3PO's head while turned on to see if you can get it to light up.

The adapters had issues, I had to get a replacement one (as did a friend). Have you tried swapping the batteries? Or, kinda fiddle with 3PO's head while turned on to see if you can get it to light up.

Yeah, I just figured that out. Also the batteries weren't working because the coil on one end wasn't straight and resulted in not making proper contact with the battery. It looks so cool now that it works! I will call SS tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I just figured that out. Also the batteries weren't working because the coil on one end wasn't straight and resulted in not making proper contact with the battery. It looks so cool now that it works! I will call SS tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Awesome! Glad it works now.

I called SS and they wouldn't send me a replacement adapter because I purchased through a retailer/distributor. They said I have to contact the seller. Lame.

EDIT: The SS customer service rep actually told me to go to Radio Shack. Thanks for the help. I tried to save time and actually went to Radio Shack this evening. They didn't even have the right size end in their store.

I called SS again and they told me since they don't sell the adapter separately they don't carry it. Also since the item is sold out they can't pull the cord from any of the other busts. If anyone knows where I can get the right cord please let me know. I've done precursory searches on Amazon.

SS just emailed me this Amazon link to a potential replacement. They said it might work and I'd have to try at my own risk. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042X8XNW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2G0KTYSOB66WR&coliid=I2ZQ7TYECV3QZ9

Good to hear it worked out man...

The piece really levels up when the lights are on IMO

I returned my bust due to a scratch, but ordered another one when SS did the "10 Remaining". Its a great piece, glad I jumped back on it. Its a keeper.

Back