Buying Hot Toys from Ebay safe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olewis16

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I saw some cheaper Hot Toys for about 30 or a little extra off and noticed they were manufactured in China. I'm new to the brand but I was doing research and noticed they will or have a retailer in China so I'm not sure if these are Bootleg? Here's one example I was looking at earlier.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-M...=item3f701321c1:g:B2cAAOSwYIxYAssu&rmvSB=true

All information and advice is appreciated! Thank you!

Hot Toys is a Hong Kong brand. They'll always come out in Chinese regions first.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

That seller seems legit. Long time user, all positive feedback with recent buyers and seems to only deal in Hot Toys, not a random selection of stuff. I would take the chance on it. You're covered with PayPal any way.

I always like seeing either the actual figure in box or the brown shipper, but other than that it looks fine.

That seller seems legit. Long time user, all positive feedback with recent buyers and seems to only deal in Hot Toys, not a random selection of stuff. I would take the chance on it. You're covered with PayPal any way.

covered for 45 days from payment date.

if they ship snail mail they can easily take up to 1 month and if they haven't arrive they'll stall & ask you to wait a little.

was cheated by a European seller selling classic games. he had pretty good feedbacks so i trusted him...

as long as the sellers are long time user and good feedbacks then its safe. Always pay with paypal.

The made in/manufactured in China throws me off though, I'll just order from the direct site or BBTS. I'm debating Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren or Deluxe Boba for my first Hot Toy... thoughts?

The made in/manufactured in China throws me off though, I'll just order from the direct site or BBTS. I'm debating Captain Phasma, Kylo Ren or Deluxe Boba for my first Hot Toy... thoughts?

lul what? HT is made in China, HT is Hongkong based company. BBTS just imported the product

All Star Wars HT are good, just buy thing that you like. $30 sales is pretty reasonable, Captain Phasma is least desirable from SW TFA line

but Captain Phasma is the best looking TFA figure.

Yet she had arguably the worst role in the film. They probably overproduced her too with that generic Storm Trooper mold Hot Toys loves using.

She's very easy to get.

Yet she had arguably the worst role in the film. They probably overproduced her too with that generic Storm Trooper mold Hot Toys loves using.

She's very easy to get.

price will go up as she gets a better role in EP8.

Kylo Ren is imo best figure from TFA. Or pretty decent at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should you buy Hot Toys figures from eBay? Where else would you get them from?

I bought 3 from ebay, 2 went down perfectly fine, my 3rd purchase arrived broken......and it was obviously not done during shipment, it was a prior break i was not told about.

Since then i haven't bought from there and i never will.

If you do buy from there, just be super sure about their customer rating and feedback.

i bought 80% of my HT stuff from ebay.
other 20% were from a ebay seller who suggested buying from him directly. as a preorder. never cheated.

Back