Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I didn't articulate my point very well. Sculptors can do what they want, and kit bashers can buy what they want. With limited interest in Aliens sculpts we are lucky anyone is willing to do them. At this point I will continue to keep my fingers crossed that the sculptor I prefer will produce more Colonial Marines sculpts.

Man, this aint easy. This is my first try for both knots in right and left sides and also a new knife seath. The Gerber is not yet ready (but will be there) and will try to sculpt and eagle since I cant find one. Still a WIP, have to put and take a lot of thinngs, so dont laugh at me :rotfl

image3.jpeg

Looking for a little help here identifying a head.

All the talk about available heads inspired me to compile something of a "master list" of ALL available heads that are and were available throughout the years.

I have seen this one pop up on custom figures floating around the secondary market, but can't identify it's origin.
Who produced this "Hudson" head originally?

(Image found in google images search, but following pic to original link brings up an archived page from this board without any images present or page breaks. Its all a gigantic mess of data)
Hudson - unknown.jpg

Last edited:
I've had that Hudson head sculpt before, I think the guys name is Lonnie Hale who sculpted it - I could be wrong though. The one I had was painted up just right and looked great.

I can't believe I remembered that. Not sure if Lonnie is still selling these but if I remember right it was cheap, like $10 or $15 maybe?

Yeah, I believe the website was 'Frontline'....here was mine painted up from back in 2010....sold it that year. :-(

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 119
  • H1.jpg
    H1.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 108
The way I am trying to set this up is to have an unpainted and painted head side by side of each example. Space Jockey, do you mind if I use your pic of him painted in the compilation I am making?

EDIT: and V-Raptor. Would like to use some pics you posted earlier.

Last edited:
Yeah, I believe the website was 'Frontline'....here was mine painted up from back in 2010....sold it that year. :-(

That's awesome! The guy that painted mine mad him a little dirty and I thought with the helmet on it was the best Hudson sculpt out there - imo.

Before I try to compile the photos into a jpeg, would you guys mind looking over the 'list' to see who or what heads might be missing?
All the heads I know of are:

Apone
-Hot Toys default (repainted)
-Kaustic Plastik KP03 (debatable if likeness was intended, but I am including)
-Lonnie Hale
-Snyderman

Bishop
-Snyderman
-Sideshow Frank black (repainted)
-Ada Chan
-Warriors Gate

Drake
-Hot Toys stock (repainted)

Vasquez
-Hot Toys Stock (repainted)

Frost
-Synderman

Gorman
-Cal Tek Dress blues marine (debatable if likeness was intended, but I am including)

Hicks
-Figuremaster Les
-Lonnie Hale
-Rocoo
-Snyderman v1
-Snyderman v2
-Hot Toys "stoner" head (repainted)
-Hot Toys "Hudson" head (repainted, arguably exact same as "Stoner")

Hudson
-Lonnie Hale
-ChronoToys
-Synderman v1
-Snyderman v2
-Synyderman v3
-Bill Kern (PoppoToys)
-EVA models ("FNG" -Chris Chulamanis)

Any other 'custom' or adaptable heads for our Marines out there floating around that I missed?
Appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

*edited to update list*

Last edited:
I'm no expert but the list looks pretty comprehensive to me:). Some I didn't even know of so now I'm looking forward to seeing the picks - lol.

There was also a sculpt by the late Chris Chulamanis of Hudson (shown in white below). That was way before the other sculpts I believe.

Re the Frontline sculpt, you can use this pic if you want a front view comparison ;-)

There was also a 'Spikey-Haired Hicks' - who did that one?

Attachments

• hudsonbk.jpg
    hudsonbk.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 116
  • H2.jpg
    H2.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 115
There was also a sculpt by the late Chris Chulamanis of Hudson (shown in white below). That was way before the other sculpts I believe.

Re the Frontline sculpt, you can use this pic if you want a front view comparison ;-)

There was also a 'Spikey-Haired Hicks' - who did that one?

Awesome, thanks.

I was always under the impression Figuremaster Les did "spikey hair Hicks". Did he only paint it in the examples I saw? I thought he was the sculptor as well.

Last edited:
You are correct, he did. There was another though with even more spikey hair, that was done by Xenoviper.
I remember buying unpainted sculpts of each back in 2009 / 2010 and had a go at painting both myself.

Les' sculpt is on the left, Xenoviper on right.

Attachments

• AP 013.jpg
    AP 013.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 121
  • AP 009.jpg
    AP 009.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 120
Someone can correct me on this if I am wrong, but I believe Lonnie Hale is only a molder/caster. Most of the sculpts he sold through Frontline were sculpted by Jim Maddox if I am not mistaken.

Someone can correct me on this if I am wrong, but I believe Lonnie Hale is only a molder/caster. Most of the sculpts he sold through Frontline were sculpted by Jim Maddox if I am not mistaken.

The name does sound familiar. I cannot be certain though...too long ago. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

Back