Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snyder-man still offers several Aliens heads. Rocco does nice work, but I don't see it as being significantly better, or worth almost double the price per head. I saw that thread where people were suggesting Frost. Snyder-man just started offering Frost. I guess they quit posting new stuff here but these pictures are from their facebook page.
12509796_10153751441335937_1898749940321677588_n.jpg

You should be able to contact their son through here. Do a search for member snyder-man (or snyderman?). They they have 3 different Hudsons, 2 different Hicks, Ripley, Apone, Frost and Bishop. They say they are working on more.

Re: Customizing your Marines: TIPS

Anybody have a spare USCM sidearm holster?

Still a lot of work to do on my Hudson but Snyderman head looks perfect. Maybe I will make some changes to the hair for the helmet to fit on it.

I was using a Han Solo body but changed to a Indiana Jones TTm-19 because of the giraffe neck syndrome.

normal%u00252Bvs%u00252Bgiraffe.jpg

One of the Snyders posted pictures on facebook of that head with the hair matted down similiar to the game over version. I thought it was mentioned that that version was going to be available, but I haven't seen it listed here or on ebay. It may have been a one off custom. Didn't someone post before in this thread that the helmet would work on the version of Hudson you have if the liner is taken out?

I havent taken the liner out. Will try. Dont know if that head you talk about is available or not. We could ask snyderman

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

FYI - there's a wee movement to get some new USCM head sculpts done by Sculptor (see HERE from Post #87 onwards).

More posts from interested ppl might make something happen. It also might be a bit rude (as is off topic and all). Just a thought.

The interest thread for the rest of the marines apart from Hicks is open.

Aliens Colonial Marines by Rocco (Sculptor)
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167648

Contact Snyderman. As far as I know all three Hudson versions are available and he's already stated he will be doing ALL of the USCM from "Aliens".

Contact Snyderman. As far as I know all three Hudson versions are available and he's already stated he will be doing ALL of the USCM from "Aliens".

This. Snyderman has already offered three versions of Hudson. If a few people ask nicely they would probably offer a fourth. That new interest thread is going nowhere fast. Rocco only seems interested in sculpting heads that he can sell twenty or more castings of. Snyderman has been offering Aliens sculpts for a few years now and continues to add more to his selection. Why not support an ongoing effort instead of trying to start a new?

Last edited:
Here is the difference. You are taking a subject that doesn't have enough support to justify making multiple characters and dividing the sales between two sculptors. If neither one can justify continuing to offer Aliens characters they will both quit. If Snyderman was no longer offering Hicks it would made sense to get someone else to do it, but that isn't the case. Snyderman's sculpt has been availabe for a couple of years. Rocco does nice work but I don't see his Hicks as an upgrade to what is already available. I will be interested in seeing some side by side comparisons of these sculpts. Just because something was digitally sculpted and cost more doesn't mean it is better. Competition is great, but when neither party sees the merit of participating, they both move on to something else.

I am another guy with 2 snyderman sculpts paid for and a Rocco on the way (I caved, despite my 'stick with Stoner' comments earlier). I will always try to give Snyderman first crack at these because their price and customer service. I think very highly of them and was ecstatic to learn of their plans to continue on with more characters. I just like Rocco's Hicks better than any others I've seen. I am curious about what else he can do and refuse to boycott him just because he joined the party late.

I don't see spending money with both guys as dividing the community and chasing them both away either. I truly think they can both succeed as they each have different styles and strengths. To me supporting both parties is simply increasing the odds for new material. In 2012 we had a guy gauging interest in the whole squad who was running more or less unopposed and where did that get us? 3.5 years later we have one character (that I own and really do appreciate, btw. GREAT price and quality. Man I wish he had kept going).

My point is we can't have all our eggs in one basket, or we risk ending up with nothing when the best laid plans fall through. Maybe we end up with 3 different artists versions of everyone and market is over-saturated, but its more likely that we end up with huge gaps despite all the best of intentions. Which brings me to my next point...

As I said in that interest thread above; I don't want 'upgrades' to what we already have. I want NEW material that fills a void. I agree that simply being 'different' is not the same as being 'better' and I do hope new ground can be broken. Until I get a satisfactory product in-hand of ALL characters, I don't see the harm in encouraging such work. I will most certainly not be discouraging anyone who has shown a willingness to provide what I crave. I don't think that jeopardizes our market, I think it is practical.

Last edited:
I have been buying garage model kits and other things sculpted by Joy Snyder for close to twenty years so I lean towards supporting her. The thing that kind of bothered me about the interest thread was it more or less ignored the fact that Aliens sculpts have been readily available here for quite some time. I am not a fan of digital sculpts either so that turned me off to the whole thing as well. Digital files tend to look great, but the finished product seldom lives up to the hype. I can not think of any head I want bad enough to pay for a casting without seeing what the actual casting looks like. I agree it is good that the interest is there for getting more of these characters done. Lets just hope it happens.

I have two Snyderman sculpts (Hicks & Hudson), I just paid for Roccos Hicks and if there is enough interest or maybe not, he will make Hudson. He is in his right to cover his costs or make profit and I dont doubt about Snydermans love and what he has done. I am suporting both artists by paying for their items. It looks here like from the comments of some of you like Snyderman has the rights or license for Aliens or Rocco is a greedy big company.

Back