Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool I've been waiting to see that sculpt on a figure. Good sculpt but I still think the stoner looks more like biehn

You should check out Snyder-man's feedback on ebay (snyderman31). Several a+ ratings on both Biehn sculpts (Reese and Hicks) from people who purchased the heads. Also high marks for the various versions of Ripley. While I respect everyones opinions, the ones I trust the most are those that come from people who have actually spent their hard earned money on a product and have it in hand. Wish I had gotten the figures when they first came out. No way I can afford them with current prices.

You should check out Snyder-man's feedback on ebay (snyderman31). Several a+ ratings on both Biehn sculpts (Reese and Hicks) from people who purchased the heads. Also high marks for the various versions of Ripley. While I respect everyones opinions, the ones I trust the most are those that come from people who have actually spent their hard earned money on a product and have it in hand. Wish I had gotten the figures when they first came out. No way I can afford them with current prices.

I've got the ripley from aliens. Quiet a good likeness. The hicks I've posted is the second one I've owned. He takes some work to get looking right but well worth the cash if your a fan. I've had every sculpt for him but tthe snyder-man one. There is just something about that sculpt that doesn't look as good as the ht stoner. But in defense of the sculpt I will reserve full judgement when I see it on a full figure.

I used a snyder-man aliens head sculpt for my ripley.

I spent a lot of money on it but I am very very pleased by it. I like it a lot. I was blown away by it when I first pulled it out of the box.

Looks great with the full ripley gear.

Very satasfied customer.

I'm thinking of getting a Kyle Reese from him for my MMS-1.

I used a snyder-man aliens head sculpt for my ripley.

I spent a lot of money on it but I am very very pleased by it. I like it a lot. I was blown away by it when I first pulled it out of the box.

Looks great with the full ripley gear.

Very satasfied customer.

I'm thinking of getting a Kyle Reese from him for my MMS-1.

Yeah that Reese looks spot on. If I was going to make a Reese I would definitely go for that sculpt. Still want to see what hicks looks like on a body.

Recently bought the Snyder-man Hicks sculpt and have pics of the smirking Hudson headsculpt I mentioned earlier in the thread. here are my finished marines. Also, I apologize, I'm a terrible photographer.

DRAKE:
picture.php

I repainted drake's head, slinged a flamethrower on him, and changed the "tom" on his smartgun to the right word and changed the original body out for the Comedian muscle body (I wanted better waist articulation)

VASQUEZ:
picture.php

I changed the body out for the Sarah Connor body , changed out the boots for ones that looked more accurate and gave better ankle articulation, and repainted the chest-piece black and re-added the chest graffiti. Even though I think the figure's still too pale I'm just gonna leave her like she is.

HUDSON:
picture.php

switched out the headsculpt for one that give a cocky Bill Paxton look, weathered the armor, repainted the knife holster, and added the smartgun battery to his belt. I also weathered the armor a bit and added some masking tape to his left arm to simulated the bandage he had over the acid burn.

HICKS:

picture.php

I'm really satisfied with how he turned out. I cut the sleeves of the shirt and darkened the BDUs, added the Keychain part on his grenade-belt thing from the Mcfarlane hicks figure (really didn't wanna bother trying to track down a better scaled version of it),I weathered the armor and I switched a few times between different kinds of bodies and different heads for this figure (The Hot toys Hudson head, Xenoviper, and a badly painted fml sculpt). The figure didn't look quite like Hicks to me until I got the Snyder-man Hicks sculpt on him, now he looks spot on. I'd like to track down an accurate headset or shotgun sheath but I don't think I'll have much luck.

picture.php

Recently bought the Snyder-man Hicks sculpt and have pics of the smirking Hudson headsculpt I mentioned earlier in the thread. here are my finished marines. Also, I apologize, I'm a terrible photographer.

DRAKE:
picture.php

I repainted drake's head, slinged a flamethrower on him, and changed the "tom" on his smartgun to the right word and changed the original body out for the Comedian muscle body (I wanted better waist articulation)

VASQUEZ:
picture.php

I changed the body out for the Sarah Connor body , changed out the boots for ones that looked more accurate and gave better ankle articulation, and repainted the chest-piece black and re-added the chest graffiti. Even though I think the figure's still too pale I'm just gonna leave her like she is.

HUDSON:
picture.php

switched out the headsculpt for one that give a cocky Bill Paxton look, weathered the armor, repainted the knife holster, and added the smartgun battery to his belt. I also weathered the armor a bit and added some masking tape to his left arm to simulated the bandage he had over the acid burn.

HICKS:

picture.php

I'm really satisfied with how he turned out. I cut the sleeves of the shirt and darkened the BDUs, added the Keychain part on his grenade-belt thing from the Mcfarlane hicks figure (really didn't wanna bother trying to track down a better scaled version of it),I weathered the armor and I switched a few times between different kinds of bodies and different heads for this figure (The Hot toys Hudson head, Xenoviper, and a badly painted fml sculpt). The figure didn't look quite like Hicks to me until I got the Snyder-man Hicks sculpt on him, now he looks spot on. I'd like to track down an accurate headset or shotgun sheath but I don't think I'll have much luck.

picture.php

hey man nice set. One suggestion for hicks and hudsons armor. Add the desert yellow color to their armor makes them look heaps beter and more accurate. Spacejockey did a really good tutorial on page 78 that will help.I did it to my Hicks and he looks heaps better for it

I finaly got my hand on one of the Marines!
I got Apone, who i'll try to turn into a Hicks (planning on using the Snyderman HS). Had one problem tho, the mounting tab for the shoulder lamp is nowhere to be found.
I'm not handy and do'nt really know where to start if i had to make one.
Wonder if anyone made some of these or could help me with it?
Thanks
LampBracket2.jpg

I finaly got my hand on one of the Marines!
I got Apone, who i'll try to turn into a Hicks (planning on using the Snyderman HS). Had one problem tho, the mounting tab for the shoulder lamp is nowhere to be found.
I'm not handy and do'nt really know where to start if i had to make one.
Wonder if anyone made some of these or could help me with it?
Thanks
LampBracket2.jpg

I had the same problem with the first hicks that I owned. I broke it off and lost it. The best thing to do is just make a new one or display him as he is towards the middle to end of the movie.

Last edited:
Salut olbertfrog,
the BDUs from men at arms are very good imo, but am not sure if you can still get them. The ones in the ebay listings do not look very accurate to me.
As for headsets, I'm not aware of anybody making these to sell, (if anyone knows different lmk, because I would like a set! :lol), but Stendec custom made a great looking set for his Hicks:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=620642&postcount=345
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=662692&postcount=483
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=719520&postcount=591

Cheers,
Lt Dan

Anyone hear get the Snyder-Man Apone sculpt yet, and used it as a replacement? I'm considering picking one up myself, but would like to get an idea of how it would look on the Apone body before doing so. Thanks.

Anyone hear get the Snyder-Man Apone sculpt yet, and used it as a replacement? I'm considering picking one up myself, but would like to get an idea of how it would look on the Apone body before doing so. Thanks.

Have you been updating all your Space Marines Kara?

I don't know if it will be of help but I have a Eydylhands/Frontline Apone, painted, that I can part with.
Email me if you are interested.

Back