Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess vialli is suggesting that "value" is an average selling price over time, as opposed to what an individual is willing to pay in any given instance. But I agree--its value at X point in time is what the people who want it are willing to pay. This week it could be $600. Next week it could be $200. Just depends on who's looking and what they're willing to shell out.

The only problem is, there aren't a consistent number for sale. So even to get any reasonable average you would have to keep an eye on eBay for awhile. When I check ended auctions for Hudson, I only see a handful of auctions pop up. One sold for $500, and another did not sell at all with an opening bid price of $250.

https://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nk..."+hicks&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

In a way, this calls into question the utility of looking at averages anyway. They are only sporadically available for sale, and when they do sell, the prices are just not consistent enough to give you an impression of "overall market value" IMO.

There is a Hudson out on EvilBay for $500 BIN and one on auction for $100 - 2 days left. As mentioned, you never know what figures will sell for. I saw a HT Leon recently not sell for $300 starting bid...

Hmm has this anything to do with Hottoys redoing figures :D?

Am still after P2 but it kinda scared me off but I have noticed his price is coming back down to earth

Howdy guys

I've finished up my Hicks and Hudson heads finally as I sold my marines ages ago, they're up on the Sale thread if anyone's keen..?

Hicks is the HT ‘Stoner’ head with trademark Hicks quiff sculpted then handpainted & customized with a neckplug to fit on to the modern HT truetype neckpiece.

hicks_heads_iphone.jpg

Hudson is a Bill Paxton lookalike head, again hair was sculpted then handpainted & customized with a neckplug to fit on to the modern HT TT neckpiece.

hudson_heads_iphone.jpg

Cheers, Sammy

Just thought I'd pop in here and see how the thread is going! Damn strong still!! :hi5::hi5:

I'm thinking the new ACI or Kaustic Plastik bodies might work pretty darn good for Hicks, whattya think?

As for my Marines, 4 moves in 18 months slowed down the building of the squad! :impatient:

Now, the Mancave is is full swing and I'm designing some hanging shelves (yeah, in front of the window, cuz all the other walls are filled...with figures and the xbox's TV.:clap

The ocd bipolar alcoholic nympho ex-gf actually returned all the figures I thought she'd taken but couldn't prove. (a lonnnnggg story there) so I've got all my Marines BACK!! :hi5::hi5::hi5::hi5:
It literally was a dark and stormy night doing the abrupt move...she snagged them outa the truck, as I was undoing the computer, tv, etc. and hid them...:gah::gah:

I still have a bunch of loose gear gathered up for a new, "independent" squad, that should be fun.

Now, to finish up all my other projects...

if only sideshow and hot toys would stop making good stuff i could finish my marines. I have heads but no bodies for apone and hicks :(

vialli said:
Looks better armored Dan!! Great. Where do you get the cigar?
Cheers, I think it looks better with armour too. The cigar is from the Loading Toys "Captain Price" head. I've used that head on a Zulu war figure, so the cigar was a handy spare.
Regarding your earlier question about USCM and name patches, have you considered printing your own? I downloaded a USCM font and made some a while back.
Ironman1188 said:
Yes, it does, but I still prefer Frontline's version.
I like and have that head as well. When I get it painted I'll probably use it on an unarmoured version of Apone. :)

Back