Building the Ultimate Marcus Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzyarse

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the soon-to-be-released figure of Marcus from Hot Toys there is one thing missing... a battle damaged body with exposed endoskeleton chest piece. So I thought that I would beat the other customisers out there by starting a thread on the subject.
First I did some research and downloaded some pics.
Then I started sculpting the necessary parts, and used a Truetype to get the scale and dimensions right.
Then I re-casted the parts and thought about the rubber muscle bodies and how they give the extra scope of being able to stretch ragged rubber "flesh" over the top of the exposed endo pieces. And then waited to get a cheap Hot Toys "Billy" rubber body from eBay (a score at £26!!!).
Dizzy:google

Once the body arrived (yesterday) I quickly got to work opening it up, and seeing what articulature lay inside and where I could put the pieces. It soon became aparant thet it was not possible to use the shoulder pieces due to the ball and socket joints inside the body. But there was room to have deep holes and use flesh over the top of the chest and upper abdominal piece to give the illusion that an endo was beneath the skin.
I started with a deep Y incision to open up the whole body, trimmed the inside of the skin (like a 1/6 scale liposuction) so it was a thin layer, and inserted the two main endo pieces to size it all up.
Dizzy

As the body consists of a thick rubber shell over a small collection of boxes over joints there was some more scope to trim, ensuring deep gaps and holes within the body.
I took off the parts of the chest articulature at the top corners so the chest piece looked as though it was standing alone, and trimmed the abdominal cover so it sat flush inside. A sneaky coiled spring and a spare endo rod (from the T700 I broke for parts recently) added the detail to the holes inside the lower cavities. I also painted the articulature black so it would almost entirely disappear once the flesh was re-applied.

Finally I realised that the chest holes were too large, but that is no matter with these bodies. I cut some small sections and super-glued them stretching accross the chest. I added some scarring using a special tool my soldering iron has, and made the edges of all of the flesh ragged.
Then a few paint effects and to finish for now a battle damaged endo hand, using a Hot Toys rubber hand with the fingers cut off, and an old spare Sideshow Anakin robotic hand.
Now all I need is the figure to be released so I can get the clothing, battle damaged head and a shotgun.

Thanks guys... if anybody wants to do their own they can pm me as I have the molds and can easily re-cast the parts... I can make them fit a truetype body for anyone who wants to work on the Hot Toys Marcus body when he comes out.
Dizzy

Looks fantastic. Are you thinking of adding the detail to the arms as well?

You are a bad motherfather! Very cool. But why didn't you just wait and do that to the Marcus body? I will find this very amusing if the figure actually does have all that damage on it, but they didn't bother taking pics of it for their site. Not like though, but we are talkin' Hot Toys here.

Back