Building the Ultimate Marcus Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize the Marcus Wright figure has the neck sculpted to the head and probably will not fit on that body :( Although you could just cut the neck off i suppose.

Beautiful mod Dizzyarse. I've just purchased a billy sole body off ebay to try this.:gun

You do realize the Marcus Wright figure has the neck sculpted to the head and probably will not fit on that body :( Although you could just cut the neck off i suppose.

Yes, Its an easy fix, I did it some time ago to a muscle figure before i mutilated it.:lol Chop of the required length of rubber neck on the muscle body. Unscrew the ball neckjoint. Cut the neck joint short to accomodate a "neck HS" or just use a different balljoint all together.

Looks fantastic. Are you thinking of adding the detail to the arms as well?

I doubt if I will do the arms as a) I will be displaying it with the jacket on and b)it would affect the articulation of the arms unless I cheated. In the movie his shoulder and elbow joints are heavily damaged and as there is a lot of stretching on the rubber at these places the risk of the endo pieces falling out, twisting or pulling out of line and looking odd is high... that is why I didn't use the shoulder pieces.

As for the head, I will be lobbing off the neck and filling it with Siligum to get a nice tight seal whilst retaining the flexibility. I want to keep the rubber neck and avoid the demarction line of a joint.

Anyone who does want a chest piece can use it on a Truetype body, so it can be used on the Hot Toys Marcus figure.... then you would have the battle damaged arms too! I can cast these with a metallic gun-metal finish, so no painting required. All you would need to do is either chop up the t-shirt to show it through, or get some model filler and do a few bits of raggedy flesh around the outside.

Dizzy

That is insane... I know I usually post the same thing in your thread, but impressive and creative as always :rock

Can only echo what everyone else has said and say "It looks bloody amazing!!!!"

Great work Dizzy, another fantastic customisation you have done.

Thanks guys. I will update this thread once the Hot Toys figure is out and I get the remaining parts... hopefully we will see other board members' Marcus customs too.
Dizzy

Well I knew there was something wrong with the design on this custom Marcus' chest... it just looked different from how I remembered when watching the movie but I had followed the Stan Winstone Studio shots. Then another board member sent me this pic and I knew McG must have added a little extra CGI on the final print of the film (I guess it looked too much like a normal T800 endo chest).
Finally this weekend I got a chance to re-do it. Now I just have to wait for the clothes (a few little purchases from eBay) and as soon as a sensibly priced battle damaged headsculpt comes along he will be nearly finished.
Anyone else started a custom?
Dizzy

Oh, forgot to put the movie screencap in! I will get some more pics of the custom once the clothing arrives.
Dizzy

Again that's insane. I curious what's your plan to put Marcus head (with neck sculpted) on to this body.

I am going to add the neck damage to the rubber body neck, trim the head neck off and use silicone gum to get a nice tight seal inside the head with the ball joint, whilst alowing for movement.
Dizzy

Back