Build your own Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hair on the body is just a suit, Zero. I took two Hasbro hairy Chewies and made once big suit out of them and put it on a Lego armature. Check the first page for all the details. :)

Thanks for the info Flosi, I think after Garindan I'm going to start on this project next. Might as well start looking for cheap Kenner Chewies. Did you use the original fur or the green saber one that came later with chains?

I'm waiting for the freakishly thin body look forward to getting it. It will need to be made longer by at least an inch and half since head is practically 2" which should put chewie at 14" tall. next month im getting the bandolier. Why does stuff from china take so damn long they use to arrive within 2 weeks now it takes a whole month to reach states. did someone piss them off.

Based on getting all pieces and prepping It might be june or july before i finish him with college classes in jan coming up. plus i have 4 jobs im working for seamstress stuff. my SW stuff has to go on hold money before playing

Here's the progress on the one I started...
chewy122313_zpse4448e78.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I cut a the ankles- used the feet. Then used the arms to fill in between the thighs and ankles.
I'm getting my second one tonight, so the upper body should be done as well. Then I'm going to dye the hair darker.
Still hoping to get the custom bandoleer and satchel.
The head I haven't even started, but altogether this is like a 6 hour project.

This is as far as I can go until the head arrives....
chewy122413001_zps55a7a149.jpg

chewy122413002_zps8430f304.jpg

Edit: Used a color wash to darken his hair...

chewy122413006_zps8c47e966.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Keenan, the invisible peter Mayhew:rotfl,.

Seriously looks like a feet of engineering there, I keep thinking of doing one of these but get put off by the scope of the project, just keep wishing that SSC would do one, though they would probably cost a kings ransom

Excellent work, can't wait to see this one with the headsculpt

I ordered two different 12" Chewy heads that I'm going to see how they work if I dremel off the hair. Otherwise I'll have a go at sculpting one.

Wow Keenan, the invisible peter Mayhew:rotfl,.

Seriously looks like a feet of engineering there, I keep thinking of doing one of these but get put off by the scope of the project, just keep wishing that SSC would do one, though they would probably cost a kings ransom

Excellent work, can't wait to see this one with the headsculpt

It's a really fun project so far. I say give it a shot.

Here's the progress on the one I started...
chewy122313_zpse4448e78.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I hope i caught you before it's to late here is him next to han, han'e head should almost reach his shoulder, then again he is in foreground so he might actually be at chewie's shoulder

star-wars-chewbacca-harrison-ford.jpg

ok i made my han 12 1/4Inch tall so i think i will need to add only an inch and half to chewies height so he should actually be just under 14" tall still making him slightly taller than Vader by a hair. i thought this pic might be a good ref guide for height for everyone. since chewie is 7'2 and han is 6'1

Last edited:
That's the Medicom Han- he's really short. I'll post a pic with my SSC one. Should be a better fit. I agree Chewy is too tall in this scenario.

don't feel bad i almost was having my guy make chewie to tall.the way they look in the pic i think 13.5" should be enough which actually means Vader is to damn tall lolso that literally means i will need to make chewie 14" making him a half inch taller so he can be to scale with sideshows Vader which should be 13" tall. prowse was only 6'5 so the figure is out of proportion

Last edited:
Back